Thoughts on Lingerie

Options

Replies

• fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Ok, to make this productive.

What are good sources for lingerie other than the odd stuff at Adam & Eve?

Define Odd.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Not a fan, I would rather see a woman in one of my button down shirts (open 1/2 way) with a pair of panties on, to me that's sexier than anything that Victoria secret can come up with

This is the kind of man my husband is. No wonder he doesn't buy me lingerie.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options

Define Odd.

Ah, made of flammable polyester and twine from the depths of a Honduran sweat shop.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I'd pass out if my BF bought lingerie...he always says it doesnt matter ends up on the floor anyways. The advantage of this mindset is Grandma panties are just enough.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

Define Odd.

for the big girl Hips & Curves or online Frederick's
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I think it's actually kind of sexy for a man to buy something sexy for his wife or girlfriend. What do you think?

Not that I am supper experienced, but all the girls I have been with have LOVED lingerie - it made them feel sexier and desirable, which was an even greater turn on for me.I'd say it is good for both parties. :)
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options

Define Odd.

Ah, made of flammable polyester and twine from the depths of a Honduran sweat shop.

79492-its-not-weird-at-all-gif-Scott-h0D7.gif
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Awww I think that someone taking the time to choose something is really sweet. I'd be grateful, but then I'm easily pleased.
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Not a fan, I would rather see a woman in one of my button down shirts (open 1/2 way) with a pair of panties on, to me that's sexier than anything that Victoria secret can come up with

This is the kind of man my husband is. No wonder he doesn't buy me lingerie.

He knows what he likes and he's a lucky guy!
  • T_Roc
    T_Roc Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I got a VS card for my wife so she can go buy sexy time clothes when she like.
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I have given up buying my wife lingerie. I have gotten her various outfits and she just doesn't wear any. It's not like I buy anything out of the "ordinary" either (nothing.... complicated). She just thinks that now that she is a mother, she shouldn't wear anything like that.

Kinda frustrating.

Pull it out of the drawer and lay it on the bed. When she asks what it is, say "a hopeful hint".

Maybe hand it to her?
    lol... If it was only that easy. I think it would just get shoved back into the drawer without a word.

Wrong.
    Steal ( and hide) all her non sexy underwear. She can go commando, wear yours or the sexy stuff.

Not that i see the point in lingerie, my so would rather see me nakid...
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I don't think that lingerie is just old fashioned teddies.

I love super sexy bras and matching underwear. I feel more put together if I match. (Though that matching can be top & bottom commando, depended on outfit).

Lingerie can also be sexy dress up clothes, like naughty school girl, or devil with a tail and horns. It can also be bustiers with garters and thigh high silk stockings, no underwear required.

Yes, it will all end up in piles strewn about the floor. But just for the hell of it, put on your most outrageously sexy piece you have. Top with a trench coat, stilettos, and meet your boyfriend /husband/SO out. You will have amazing sex after. I promise.
  • purplepink1992
    Options
    It's definitely a confidence boost gesture. My fiancee does it occasionally, but only because he doesn't really care about something that's going to come off after few minutes. But when I go buy it myself, and wear it it's a whole different story to him! Lol.

It's kind of like a damned if he does, damned if he doesn't (in general). If a woman has a man who doesn't buy it - she'll probably complain, if he does buy it - she'll also find something to complain about
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I prefer lace. Its not because its sexy, its just that when I wear cotton its chafes me.
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    Okay...my two cents are in :)

I think it would be awesome for a guy to buy me lingerie...I am picky about what I would buy myself as I'm still not happy with my body...probably never will be...but if I see that my guy thinks I'm sexy I'm all for wearing it for him. I honestly have only bought a couple things considered as sexy lingerie...and that's been in the last year...mainly didn't buy it because I never planned to be with anyone. I hadn't dated in quite a while.

I've been looking for something new as I've gone down a size and want to have something that fits. Also, as I go down a size and buy new lingerie I have pics taken of me in lingerie so I can see myself as sexy at each size.

So yes to lingerie as a present! :)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I don't think that lingerie is just old fashioned teddies.

I love super sexy bras and matching underwear. I feel more put together if I match. (Though that matching can be top & bottom commando, depended on outfit).

Lingerie can also be sexy dress up clothes, like naughty school girl, or devil with a tail and horns. It can also be bustiers with garters and thigh high silk stockings, no underwear required.

Yes, it will all end up in piles strewn about the floor. But just for the hell of it, put on your most outrageously sexy piece you have. Top with a trench coat, stilettos, and meet your boyfriend /husband/SO out. You will have amazing sex after. I promise.

Marketing has gotten obsessed with mix and match- so much so that it's impossible to find matching undewear without paying at leas 30-40 bucks for it.

I LOVE matching my underpinnings- Any big day I have- interview- meeting- date- whatever- I MATCH. EVERYTHING.

it definitely makes me feel like I have my chit together- not sure why- no one cares- but whatever- fake it till you make it or make your underwear match!!!!
  • TeamDale1
    Options
    Through trial and error in 35 years of marriage I have purchased my wife many items. Some she loved, and some she did not. Anymore, I do not buy them for her, but instead drop hints of what i like. Then she makes the purchase and that way we both win. :wink:
  • VelvetMorning
    VelvetMorning Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I'd think of it as the man saying, "Hey, baby, you look good. Wear this to really show off how amazing you look"

Then again, my profile picture is in lingerie. With tasteful lighting to avoid getting banned. Note the body-suit crotchless badass stockings and the lacey super short dress. Personally, I feel awesome knowing that I can pull it off. If my man thinks so, all the better!
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I feel sexy wearing it, but it is mostly for the man!
    I feel like having too much of it isn't for me because it comes off so fast, though... Hahaha
  • FatHuMan1
    FatHuMan1 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan. I like to unwrap my presents, even if I know what's inside. I buy it for my wife once or twice a year. It makes us both very happy.