Thoughts on Lingerie

Options

Replies

• summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Marketing has gotten obsessed with mix and match- so much so that it's impossible to find matching undewear without paying at leas 30-40 bucks for it.

I LOVE matching my underpinnings- Any big day I have- interview- meeting- date- whatever- I MATCH. EVERYTHING.

it definitely makes me feel like I have my chit together- not sure why- no one cares- but whatever- fake it till you make it or make your underwear match!!!!

I can give you an invite to Adore Me, if you want to PM me your email address. A complete matching set each month, you choose out of hundreds, and very reasonable. Good quality too. I just got two sets (Larger bras, matching thongs) for $20 each.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I was talking with one of my friends earlier who told me she was quite upset that her husband bought her lingerie. She said it was more for him than her. I disagreed with her. I think it's actually kind of sexy for a man to buy something sexy for his wife or girlfriend. What do you think?
    Your friend's argument reminds me of the logic (perhaps using that term loosely) espoused in some of the classes on Gender Studies taught at my old college in the 1990's. Basically, any present that a guy bought for a woman was his way of oppressing her, as was anything a woman bought that could be perceived as sexy or related to so-called 'traditional' gender roles. For added fun, any guy who declined to pay for things or asked that expenses be shared was also guilty of misogyny by virtue of those acts, for reasons I never fully grasped.

So the guy is f***** coming or going? :laugh: :laugh:
    No, because sex in any form is a type of violence against women designed to oppress them. This even applies to male homosexual acts, which oppress women by excluding them.

Sadly, I'm not making that up.
  • sypop
    sypop Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    i love lingerie...it makes me feel sexxie :) if a so gave me lingerie i would love it it means that they think ill look sexxie in it and it makes me feel sexxie so its win win :)
  • mayaocean
    mayaocean Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    inb4 this turns into a feminazi circle jerk
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    i LOVE getting lingerie! strange to me to think she got upset about it. likely it is due to her own insecurity...
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    If that's her attitude I feel sorry for her husband (and her when he leaves her).
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options

I'm intrigued. I'm staying to watch.
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    X pulls up chair to watch x
    X offers mister universe popcorn x

Carry on
    Oh! I'm wearing lingerie btw
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

I'm intrigued. I'm staying to watch.

we feminazis actually prefer to scissor
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I love lingerie! :blushing: And I love getting input from my man about it. The more he's into it, the more I'm into it! (Bonus points for putting on something sexy underneath dress clothes you're wearing to an event or on a date--I'll give him a preview right before we leave and then he thinks about it the rest of the night, oh boy!)

Honestly, the closer you can get to each others' fantasies the better your sex life will be, and that goes both ways! I feel sorry for OP's friend and her husband, bad sex is bad for everybody.
  • Anna_Joys_Journey
    Anna_Joys_Journey Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Never had much to do with lingerie...already had a child (and ruined body) when I got married at 18, and got pregnant again very fast. My hubby bought me lingerie periodically over the last 7 years, but I just tossed it in a box and ignored it.
    In the last 6 months I've learned that my body is not "ruined", especially to my hubby who loves every stretch mark and lumpy bit. I've lost near 50 pounds...and the man never even noticed I was fat until I pulled out some pictures recently to compare. Still have 50ish to lose, but I'm feeling more confident than ever.
    Last night I decided to pull out the box of lingerie for something different...and we'll just say that hubby was VERY pleased. ;-)
    Thanks for the links (hipsandcurves)...I think I may be purchasing some more. :-)
  • Anna_Joys_Journey
    Anna_Joys_Journey Posts: 253 Member
    Options

I can give you an invite to Adore Me, if you want to PM me your email address. A complete matching set each month, you choose out of hundreds, and very reasonable. Good quality too. I just got two sets (Larger bras, matching thongs) for $20 each.

Ooooh! Could you send me an invite? I would LOVE to try that out. I reallllly want some matching sets. :)
  • 2bePhantasticallyfit
    Options
    I love lingerie...buying them for myself and receiving as gifts :love:
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Brilliant topic!!
    And lingerie - heavenly!!

>>>Going over there to sit on the sofa :drinker:
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    So can someone help me out here, if you were a size medium shirt, does that mean a Victoria's Secret medium cami would fit?

Are ther eclothes brands that have similar sizing to VS, like the banana or something?
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Holy hand grenade of Antioch!

Nordstrom's sells lingerie?!
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    dbmata Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 2,110 December 5, 2013 10:19 pm So can someone help me out here, if you were a size medium shirt, does that mean a Victoria's Secret medium cami would fit?

Are ther eclothes brands that have similar sizing to VS, like the banana or something?

http://www.victoriassecret.com/CustomerService/ShoppingOurSite/SizeChart/Clothing

US sizes 8 and 10.

Bust: 36.5 - 37.5
    Waist: 28 - 29
    Hips: 38.5 - 39.5
    Thigh: 22.75 - 23.5

Budget-conscious within the same quality as Victoria's Secret, Frederick's of Hollywood and Adore Me is Seven Til Midnight, which is way cheaper. If you look, you'll discover the very same pieces, only with different tags, names and price point. Seven Til Midnight acts as the Wholesaler for many of these familiar brands.

ETA: They also supply http://spurst.com/lingerie/cami-sets
  • janessafantasma
    janessafantasma Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I was talking with one of my friends earlier who told me she was quite upset that her husband bought her lingerie. She said it was more for him than her. I disagreed with her. I think it's actually kind of sexy for a man to buy something sexy for his wife or girlfriend. What do you think?
    Your friend's argument reminds me of the logic (perhaps using that term loosely) espoused in some of the classes on Gender Studies taught at my old college in the 1990's. Basically, any present that a guy bought for a woman was his way of oppressing her, as was anything a woman bought that could be perceived as sexy or related to so-called 'traditional' gender roles. For added fun, any guy who declined to pay for things or asked that expenses be shared was also guilty of misogyny by virtue of those acts, for reasons I never fully grasped.

So the guy is f***** coming or going? :laugh: :laugh:
    No, because sex in any form is a type of violence against women designed to oppress them. This even applies to male homosexual acts, which oppress women by excluding them.

Sadly, I'm not making that up.

As a feminist this does.not.compute.

Also, I would be THRILLED if a boyfriend bought me lingerie and I love buying it for myself as well.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    dbmata Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 2,110 December 5, 2013 10:19 pm So can someone help me out here, if you were a size medium shirt, does that mean a Victoria's Secret medium cami would fit?

http://www.victoriassecret.com/CustomerService/ShoppingOurSite/SizeChart/Clothing

US sizes 8 and 10.

Bust: 36.5 - 37.5
    Waist: 28 - 29
    Hips: 38.5 - 39.5
    Thigh: 22.75 - 23.5

Budget-conscious within the same quality as Victoria's Secret, Frederick's of Hollywood and Adore Me is Seven Til Midnight, which is way cheaper. If you look, you'll discover the very same pieces, only with different tags, names and price point. Seven Til Midnight acts as the Wholesaler for many of these familiar brands.

This^. Oh and Saks, Nordstrom, Macy's and Bloomingdale's all order from them and other like lingerie wholesalers too.
  • shred_me_up
    shred_me_up Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I love lingerie! The only awkward thing is if your partner buys it in the wrong size lol