Just Jealous.

Options

Replies

• Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    So you can flirt with other women, and your wife should just be ok with it?

I wouldn't be jealous if she flirted with other men. They're often jealous of me with her, I can tell by the way they look at me.

Yeah but isn't it kinda bad form to do that in front of your wife, and for the lady to actually act like a b!tch to her saying don't get jealous, that's pretty rude and If I were you I probably would have shut that lady down for being rude to my wife because I respect and love her.

Should OP be jealous that you love and respect his wife?

he should, karma's a b!tch
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    TIL: Catty words are justification for aggravated assault.

Thanks for knowing that. :wink:

I'm a giver.
  • JeniferEverx3
    JeniferEverx3 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Jealousy is a bi#&@. First I agree with above poster if the other woman has the balls to say "dont be jealous" then she would most definitely be tasting her own blood. Second who cares people flirt all the time. My husband flirts and so do I. He lets me hang out with men and knows im not cheating on him. Hell I will show him flirty text or whatever. He flirts with women and I gotta agree some of them are freakin hott. (No homo). At the end of the day I come home to him and he to I. Everyone gets a littlle jealous at times and be glad ur wife still gets jealous. When she stops u might have a problem.

I have to disgaree. Who cares? His wife cares. The woman he vowed he to love and cherish and RESPECT for eternity. If you and your husband are in mutual agreement that flirting is harmless and you both do it and you both sre not offended that's good for you. That only works if BOTH parties accept it. If his wife was fine with it he wouldn't be posting this, therefore your argument is invalid.
  • sjohnny
    Options
    I was until OP voiced his disdain for what the tree represents. Now I'm jealous of the sawzall that he will use to slowly dismember said tree.

I've got a ryobi plusone reciprocating saw specifically with a milwaukee tree trimming blade. That blade's like a foot long. I'm going to have that tree denuded before you can say "possessive *****".

I'm jealous of your denuding tools
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    The whole situation sounds very sophisticated and mature.
  • JeniferEverx3
    Options
    It is natural to find other people attractive but openly showing attraction and flirting is very disrespectful to your spouse. I would never disrespect my husband like that. And if I did show some other man I was attracted to him and flirted with him all in my husband's face...if this man did have the temerity to then say to my husband 'don't be jealous' it is likely that my husband, an easy-going, laid-back kind of man usually, would knock his teeth down his throat.

Basically you and this woman dogged your wife out and then she had the nerve to go rub it in your wife's face. :noway:

^This exactly. My boyfriend would NEVERRRRRRRRRRRR disrespect me. He's a very outgoing person but there is a difference between having a lively or friendly conversation and having a "flirtacious" conversation. The fact that you admitted it was flirtacious literally makes you a jerk. You should apologize to your wife, and next time don't put yourself in a situation like this. Also, you should never let anyone male or female disrespect your wife either. You are wrong on so many levels.

And just for emphasis, I will repeat. That chick would have been eating my fist. :angry:

But my wife WAS jealous. Cute stranger lady was right. It's a character defect if you can't look in the mirror and acknowledge what you see. This woman certainly helped me that afternoon and I think if my wife were more mature she would've thanked her too instead of trying to treat me like a housepet.

Whether that other woman;s assumption was correct or not was besides the point. She shouldn't have been flirting with you in the first place, and she shouldn't have addressed your wife that way, period. It's disrespectful. Whether your wife was jealous or not that is between YOU and YOUR WIFE.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Just to be straight here you'll flirt with other women and let them insult her in front of you and make her feel uncomfortable and angry, but that's her problem for not being mature? I just don't get that.
  • sjohnny
    Options
    It is natural to find other people attractive but openly showing attraction and flirting is very disrespectful to your spouse. I would never disrespect my husband like that. And if I did show some other man I was attracted to him and flirted with him all in my husband's face...if this man did have the temerity to then say to my husband 'don't be jealous' it is likely that my husband, an easy-going, laid-back kind of man usually, would knock his teeth down his throat.

Basically you and this woman dogged your wife out and then she had the nerve to go rub it in your wife's face. :noway:

^This exactly. My boyfriend would NEVERRRRRRRRRRRR disrespect me. He's a very outgoing person but there is a difference between having a lively or friendly conversation and having a "flirtacious" conversation. The fact that you admitted it was flirtacious literally makes you a jerk. You should apologize to your wife, and next time don't put yourself in a situation like this. Also, you should never let anyone male or female disrespect your wife either. You are wrong on so many levels.

And just for emphasis, I will repeat. That chick would have been eating my fist. :angry:

But my wife WAS jealous. Cute stranger lady was right. It's a character defect if you can't look in the mirror and acknowledge what you see. This woman certainly helped me that afternoon and I think if my wife were more mature she would've thanked her too instead of trying to treat me like a housepet.

Whether that other woman;s assumption was correct or not was besides the point. She shouldn't have been flirting with you in the first place, and she shouldn't have addressed your wife that way, period. It's disrespectful. Whether your wife was jealous or not that is between YOU and YOUR WIFE.

I'm thinking it might be best if your husband goes and buys the tree by himself this year.
  • FatHuMan1
    FatHuMan1 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I was until OP voiced his disdain for what the tree represents. Now I'm jealous of the sawzall that he will use to slowly dismember said tree.

I've got a ryobi plusone reciprocating saw specifically with a milwaukee tree trimming blade. That blade's like a foot long. I'm going to have that tree denuded before you can say "possessive *****".

I think once you have dismembered that tree like a Coen Bros. cast member you should make a funeral pyre out of the trimmings and burn an effigy of your wife on it. It's the only chance that your marriage has to survive actually.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Ok, and then what if dude before walking away says to you, "don't be jealous" would that make you get a) a hard on knowing your wife is SO attractive to other men, b) a fist that you must struggle to keep in your pocket or c) a fake tree next year so this never happens again?

I think you're just trolling me and trying to get a reaction but the honest answer is a).
  • delicious_cocktail
    Options
    Just to be straight here you'll flirt with other women and let them insult her in front of you and make her feel uncomfortable and angry, but that's her problem for not being mature? I just don't get that.

I refuse to take ownership of her emotions. No one can make you angry but you. It's science.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    op y wood u get a real tree thats a safty haserd!!!
  • sjohnny
    Options

If calling someone jealous is an insult then I'm about to be really freakin busy reporting about 30% of the posts on MFP.
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I'm mirin brah. Mirin so hard
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    Options
    In for jealousy.....and great minds. :flowerforyou:
  • delicious_cocktail
    Options
    The whole situation sounds very sophisticated and mature.

Thank you. I like to think that I take responsibility for me and she needs to take responsibility for her.
  • bigbum82
    Options
    First of all, if a woman ever finished speaking with my husband and then had the audicity to tell me don't be jealous when I showed up, she'll be eating my fist.

This made me giggle :laugh: My thoughts entirely!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

Aw my bad, you're right. Next time a lady flirts and eyes my hubs package and then makes one of those knowing Smirks at me like "gotcha" just because he was civil and polite to her and she's taking it like this big win, I'm gonna thank her. For ...1) boosting my husbands ego? doesn't need it...2) wasting our time? ...yeah it's valuable...3) giving me a hold back a face smack headache?...I am super prone to headaches....4) confirming he's sexy? ...i think i already knew that... 5) NOT taking him away from me on the spot? ...as if... 6) putting me in the position of seeming like i'm treating my man like a housepet instead of following the social norms of respect as displayed by moving in concert as a couple and/or wearing wedding bands?....no this doesn't seem like something to thank someone for...this seems to me where the offence lies. It's violating socially accepted norms. She should not have thrown that final dagger and when she did, your wife was justified in being incensed at the gauntlet. If perceiving it as jealousy strokes your ego, more power to you.

BTW thanks for this awesome thread. I feel so much better right now. :grumble:
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I would have been over by the tall trees, hitting on your wife. She's HAWT.

don't be jealous.
  • JeniferEverx3
    Options

I'm thinking it might be best if your husband goes and buys the tree by himself this year.

Is this addressed to me? If it is I don't get your point. I'm not actually married, but regardless, my boyfriend and I spend every single day together. I don't have this problem bc my boyfriend would NEVER have a "flirtacious" conversation with another woman (probably even in my absence he wouldn't do this) and he ABSOLUTELY would NEVER let anyone talk to me like that.