Just Jealous.

Options

Replies

• calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    So did you get a tree?

We got a Douglas fir, seven footer, but that's because I like to trim the scraggly ones off the bottom and then shorten it up a bit.

It looks pretty sweet, but I'm afraid it's going to be forever associated in my mind with my wife's jealousy. I just want to pull all the branches off and throw it out the door.

Sounds nice. Is it real or fake?
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    It is natural to find other people attractive but openly showing attraction and flirting is very disrespectful to your spouse. I would never disrespect my husband like that. And if I did show some other man I was attracted to him and flirted with him all in my husband's face...if this man did have the temerity to then say to my husband 'don't be jealous' it is likely that my husband, an easy-going, laid-back kind of man usually, would knock his teeth down his throat.

Basically you and this woman dogged your wife out and then she had the nerve to go rub it in your wife's face. :noway:

^This exactly. My boyfriend would NEVERRRRRRRRRRRR disrespect me. He's a very outgoing person but there is a difference between having a lively or friendly conversation and having a "flirtacious" conversation. The fact that you admitted it was flirtacious literally makes you a jerk. You should apologize to your wife, and next time don't put yourself in a situation like this. Also, you should never let anyone male or female disrespect your wife either. You are wrong on so many levels.

And just for emphasis, I will repeat. That chick would have been eating my fist. :angry:

But my wife WAS jealous. Cute stranger lady was right. It's a character defect if you can't look in the mirror and acknowledge what you see. This woman certainly helped me that afternoon and I think if my wife were more mature she would've thanked her too instead of trying to treat me like a housepet.

Whether that other woman;s assumption was correct or not was besides the point. She shouldn't have been flirting with you in the first place, and she shouldn't have addressed your wife that way, period. It's disrespectful. Whether your wife was jealous or not that is between YOU and YOUR WIFE.

I disagree. The flirting is common and normal, especially in shopping situations, especially with a hot husband like the OP and mine. What is not common or normal was the final insult. That was "touche" if I ever heard it and grounds for throwdown. Really I'm just talking because i have a mouth (err keyboard) I don't hit women who do that kind of thing but I feel like it. And if another woman did and told me a similar story, I'd let her slide on it.

BTW OP, how would youhave felt if that had happened.? Like ooh girl fight turned on? or like great, there goes the discount on the tree I was working up by flirting?

I'd have probably angled for a free tree out of the deal either way.
  • JeniferEverx3
    JeniferEverx3 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    It is natural to find other people attractive but openly showing attraction and flirting is very disrespectful to your spouse. I would never disrespect my husband like that. And if I did show some other man I was attracted to him and flirted with him all in my husband's face...if this man did have the temerity to then say to my husband 'don't be jealous' it is likely that my husband, an easy-going, laid-back kind of man usually, would knock his teeth down his throat.

Basically you and this woman dogged your wife out and then she had the nerve to go rub it in your wife's face. :noway:

^This exactly. My boyfriend would NEVERRRRRRRRRRRR disrespect me. He's a very outgoing person but there is a difference between having a lively or friendly conversation and having a "flirtacious" conversation. The fact that you admitted it was flirtacious literally makes you a jerk. You should apologize to your wife, and next time don't put yourself in a situation like this. Also, you should never let anyone male or female disrespect your wife either. You are wrong on so many levels.

And just for emphasis, I will repeat. That chick would have been eating my fist. :angry:

But my wife WAS jealous. Cute stranger lady was right. It's a character defect if you can't look in the mirror and acknowledge what you see. This woman certainly helped me that afternoon and I think if my wife were more mature she would've thanked her too instead of trying to treat me like a housepet.

Whether that other woman;s assumption was correct or not was besides the point. She shouldn't have been flirting with you in the first place, and she shouldn't have addressed your wife that way, period. It's disrespectful. Whether your wife was jealous or not that is between YOU and YOUR WIFE.

I'm thinking it might be best if your husband goes and buys the tree by himself this year.

Is this addressed to me? If it is I don't get your point. I'm not actually married, but regardless, my boyfriend and I spend every single day together. I don't have this problem bc my boyfriend would NEVER have a "flirtacious" conversation with another woman (probably even in my absence he wouldn't do this) and he ABSOLUTELY would NEVER let anyone talk to me like that.

I bet he doesn't/wouldn't. You've already displayed your willingness to inflict seriously bodily injury on others for simple words.

Oh geez. I wouldn't actually assault her, but I would tell her allllllllll about herself and she would feel ashamed. I have a way of making people feel stupid when they do something stupid and it involves disrespecting me. If she didn't like hearing the truth about herself and tried to put hands on me though, that would be another story.

It was more emphasis. I'm a lover not a fighter. She absolutely deserves a fist to the mouth, but I'm not going to jail for a slut, she's not worth that.

And like I said, I would never have this problem, because I would never be with someone who treated me like this or allowed other people to treat me like this.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    So did you get a tree?

We got a Douglas fir, seven footer, but that's because I like to trim the scraggly ones off the bottom and then shorten it up a bit.

It looks pretty sweet, but I'm afraid it's going to be forever associated in my mind with my wife's jealousy. I just want to pull all the branches off and throw it out the door.

Sounds nice. Is it real or fake?

Oh jeeze. I'm sorry. This was at the Home Depot. They have live trees in the parking lot which is where we were.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Just to be straight here you'll flirt with other women and let them insult her in front of you and make her feel uncomfortable and angry, but that's her problem for not being mature? I just don't get that.

I refuse to take ownership of her emotions. No one can make you angry but you. It's science.

so it was ok for the other woman to insult her and you were ok with that because she was being jealous that her husband was openly flirting with another woman right in front of her face, where do you draw the line from harmless flirting to inappropriate, do you have a line or does that just start at physical contact?

Thanks I am going to go home and sex my hubs up for respecting me and my feelings enough to know that something like that would piss me off and he loves me enough not to let another woman insult me because of him. He's a real stand up guy apparently those are rare.

but sometimes they're well done. well at least mine is.
  • JeniferEverx3
    JeniferEverx3 Posts: 219 Member
    Options

I'm thinking it might be best if your husband goes and buys the tree by himself this year.

Is this addressed to me? If it is I don't get your point. I'm not actually married, but regardless, my boyfriend and I spend every single day together. I don't have this problem bc my boyfriend would NEVER have a "flirtacious" conversation with another woman (probably even in my absence he wouldn't do this) and he ABSOLUTELY would NEVER let anyone talk to me like that.

You've been together less that three months, haven't you.

Actually, we've been together for 3 years and 2 months. And close friends for 13 years.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :tongue: :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Over thanksgiving weekend, I was out and about christmas tree shopping with my wife and she went over to go look at the tall ones and I was by the short ones and there was an attractive middle-aged woman there looking at trees. We struck up a conversation but even though I was attracted and it was a flirty conversation my wife seemed a little upset when got back.

The woman when she was leaving the aisle said something like "don't be jealous" and my wife shot ME a look. Then she said that the other woman was just jealous of her for having me. Then I told my wife that I thought she was jealous because I was talking to her. My wife told me that I was just jealous of the cougar's ball of yarn or whatever it is they play with and that made me jealous.

Jealous jealous jealous? Jealous. JSF, jealous.

Wtf she said that to your wife?! Is she crazy? If some woman said that to me about talking to my husband, it would definitely turn into a scene. But it would be between her and me and not between my husband and me. Props to your wife for being enough of a lady to not slap this woman.
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of people to beat up for making me jealous. Thanks interwebz for making me understand how to handle all those feels.

Crank? Where you at? I have a punch or two to throw your way. HOW DARE YOU make me jealous.

:flowerforyou:
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options

You've been together less that three months, haven't you.

Actually, we've been together for 3 years and 2 months. And close friends for 13 years.

Well, there you go. You guys spend every day together hence no chance for him to get his flirt on.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

I bet he doesn't/wouldn't. You've already displayed your willingness to inflict seriously bodily injury on others for simple words.

Oh geez. I wouldn't actually assault her, but I would tell her allllllllll about herself and she would feel ashamed. I have a way of making people feel stupid when they do something stupid and it involves disrespecting me. If she didn't like hearing the truth about herself and tried to put hands on me though, that would be another story.

It was more emphasis. I'm a lover not a fighter. She absolutely deserves a fist to the mouth, but I'm not going to jail for a slut, she's not worth that.

And like I said, I would never have this problem, because I would never be with someone who treated me like this or allowed other people to treat me like this.

How would you tell her all about herself? Do you know her?
  • sjohnny
    Options

But what if instead of feeling ashamed she just thought you were ridiculous and laughed hysterically and said "ooh. musta touched a nerve."? What then Little Miss Prone to Extreme Violence?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Can I be jealous too?

Please don't. It will only make me jealous

Shut up, don't talk to her, it's making me jealous.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Haha. My husband is never jealous. I'm friends with most of my exes and talk to them.. I've also been honest about guy friends I have and am attracted to and he doesn't care if I talk to them.. I even make jokes about "being" with other guys and he just laughs...

I think we have that basic understanding a married couple should have... TRUST :)

^^This

Exactly. It's not like I took the woman over the to the tree prep table and wrapped her in that plastic netting stuff and started getting crazy. It was just a few harmless words and touching.

brilliant!
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Did you put the tree or your wife on the roof on the ride home?
  • iNkedFiTmama
    iNkedFiTmama Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I'd slap the taste out of the woman's mouth for talking to me like that.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Just to be straight here you'll flirt with other women and let them insult her in front of you and make her feel uncomfortable and angry, but that's her problem for not being mature? I just don't get that.

I refuse to take ownership of her emotions. No one can make you angry but you. It's science.

so it was ok for the other woman to insult her and you were ok with that because she was being jealous that her husband was openly flirting with another woman right in front of her face, where do you draw the line from harmless flirting to inappropriate, do you have a line or does that just start at physical contact?

Thanks I am going to go home and sex my hubs up for respecting me and my feelings enough to know that something like that would piss me off and he loves me enough not to let another woman insult me because of him. He's a real stand up guy apparently those are rare.

but sometimes they're well done. well at least mine is.

Mmmm man meat
  • sjohnny
    Options

How would you tell her all about herself? Do you know her?

Wait. Which side were you supposed to be on? I'm having trouble keeping track.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Troll???

First of all, if a woman ever finished speaking with my husband and then had the audicity to tell me don't be jealous when I showed up, she'll be eating my fist.

Second of all, unless this caused a horrendous fight, I wouldn't worry about it. I trust my boyfriend and I don't care who he talks to, but if were to start conversating with a woman whose appearance intimidated me I might give him a look like "and what exactly do you think you're doing?" but it would be more playful than actually suspicious and he would probably tell me to shut up LOL

THIS! this is HOW i think it should be.
    I would be punching the woman too if she told me to not be jealous.
    For the most part, i take it as a compliment to ME (and my husband of course) that the woman (or sometimes even men) check out my husband; he's tall, muscular and good looking. Of course he will get looks. I'm happy hes with me! As he said with me; he understands men will check me out as well. We both tell each other what happened when this happens to us when we're not with each other. There are funny stories sometimes. My husband is 6'5" and can pretty much look down womens shirts at their boobs (if they're being shown off); i've come to terms a LONG time ago that more than likely he will be checking those boobies out. lol as long as he doesnt cross the line; there is no problem.

It would take much restraint for me not to assault the woman, but I'm not going to jail for foolishness. I would definitely go off on her verbally though.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Can I be jealous too?

Please don't. It will only make me jealous

No problem....no jealousy here.

Oh and look at the continual quotes happening.
    Good job Bert.....