Don't call me.....

Options
14567810»

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    DAUGHTER! THE CORRECT ANSWER IS DAUGHTER!!!!!!!!!! ffs ppl? come ON!
  • ileitch
    Options
    Big Guy.
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Babe, sweetie, or honey. Yuck!

I don't mind being called ma'am at all... Especially by a guy with a southern accent!
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Someone is obviously single.

Truth. Care to help me out with this one? :bigsmile:
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Someone is obviously single.

Truth. Care to help me out with this one? :bigsmile:

Step 1: Lighten up
  • Derf_Smeggle
    Derf_Smeggle Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Baby.

I cannot stand being called 'baby'. It drives me up the wall when I hear other relationship people call each other 'baby'.

What soppy names could you do without when you're in a relationship? Sweetie? Love?

Do you hate it when people you don't know call you lovvie or sweetie?

Note: Keep it clean people, this thread is about the soppy names, not the rude and crude.
    My girlfriend and I have made it a competition to come up with sickening pet names for each other. This started after a little drama while we were in grad school of all things. Some people never progress past the social level of middle school it seems.

"Foo-foo-cuddle-poops", "Wuv-monkey", "Lamby toes", "My little luuuve muffin" and "Sexy-boo-boo-kitty" are among the ones that make our friends roll their eyes.

The only time I was ever uncomfortable with someone calling me "Sweetie" is when a much older and rather large woman addressed me as such and patted me on the butt. I think she was aiming for my lower back and missed... I pray she was aiming for my back.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Dear drives me crazy.

What about darling? :blushing:
  • anro86
    anro86 Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Chichona... (loosely translated to big breasted girl)

Hate when my SO refers to me as that.

Like, hey chichona, what's for dinner? Ugh.

Oh, and at work when my co-workers found out that cha-cha means maid/slave girl.... that kind of stuck as a work name because I never say no to any project... kinda bugs me because all of the people I work with are only English speaking and this is the one Spanish word they choose to learn :grumble:
  • emmanap91
    emmanap91 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I generally don't like pet names, except I sometimes call my boyfriend 'boo.' He just calls me 'Em' which is a short version of my name, Emma. we have a little game where we use the dumbest and most ridiculous pet names for each other, or we use insults/silly words as nicknames: 'doo-doo,' 'dookie,' 'buttface,' etc.

I HATE WHEN PEOPLE CALL ME EMILY. I repeat my name over and over to make sure people hear me correctly, and somehow they still tack on the extra syllable at the end. I also hate when strangers/acquaintances use pet names for me like baby, dear, honey, sweetie, etc. Regardless of the person's gender or intent, it feels demeaning.
    /endrant.
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    You don't have to call me darlin'...darlin'.

You never even call me by my name.

Someone went there. Paid homage to the Perfect Country Western Song. Makes (sniff) me proud!
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    DAUGHTER! THE CORRECT ANSWER IS DAUGHTER!!!!!!!!!! ffs ppl? come ON!

hey now, i said that a page ago...

what did i win, i really wanna win that car
  • BossLadyDSimp
    BossLadyDSimp Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Dont call me by my first name if I am your MOTHER ... I will HURT you (in a loving way)

50540473.png
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Doesn't bother me.. my fiance and I call eachother babe, baby, boo, boobie, bear, lover, etc.. I do try to keep it under control around a lot of people though. Wouldn't want my happiness to make them ill.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    during my workout. I really hate that.

Also hate being called skinny.
  • designerdiscounts
    designerdiscounts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Dude.