I thought Subway was supposed to be good for you

Options

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    All of the "no cheese" replies make me :sad:

I love me some cheese!

Me too might as well say "no air" Bunch of crazy commies.

On days I'm trying to "low cal" it from no exercise I choose meat OR cheese but never say no to both.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I would just stay away from Subway all together, cant remember the last time i went there and ive never though of it as healthy. :) x

Same. I think of it as fast food. I haven't been in there for over 2 years, and maybe 4 times total ever! I've always just had a salad.
  • Dino_bacon2112
    Dino_bacon2112 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    All sammiches are "good for you".

Especially peanut butter, bacon, and Nutella sammiches.
  • pianochick5254
    Options
    lol NO. I worked at a subway, all the veggies are coated in petroleum upon arrival and usually not washed off. The breads contain azodiacarbonamide... which is extremely bad for you.

"azodiacarbonimide, a flour-bleaching agent used by McDonald’s in their limited edition McRib. However, azodiacarbonamide is also found in other popular items in America, like yoga mats and rubber soles for shoes. In addition to bleaching flour, when added to foam plastic, it allows for the evolution of nitrogen, carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, and ammonia gases. Europe and Australia do not view this chemical to be as safe as the United States does, because they have banned its use as a food additive. England has gone a step further and has declared the additive as a respiratory sensitizer, a possible cause of asthma"

via http://chapmanchomps.wordpress.com/2012/10/14/artificial-additives-a-manifesto/

also Sweden has banned it and if it is found in your food, it is punishable by up to $150,000 fine and prison time.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Then why is it I ate one 6" pastrami sub and it took up dam near all my daily calories!!!

stop thinking of individual foods as "good" or "bad" and start thinking of ALL foods as just:

1) fuel for your body
    2) micro- and macro-nutrient delivery systems

then determine which foods adequately meet your daily needs for both 1) and 2) above.

QFT
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    McDonalds has salads, doesn't mean MickyDs is good for you.
  • sml8765
    Options
    what a bout there BMT's ? Love them !
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Subway has *some* items on the menu that are lower calorie. You didn't choose one of those.
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    McDonalds is also healthy for you... if you choose a salad.
    The reported calorie amounts for Subway are always with low fat cheese (or perhaps omitted totally? I can't remember) and low-fat dressing. Most times if you want a truely amazing-tasting Subway you'd go for the fatty cheese and dressing, and BOOM there go the calories
  • tiffd1000
    Options
    Subway is healthy if you choose the right choices... not all of the items are healthy. Hopefully you don't think their cookies are healthy :P Look at the calorie chart. Some of the better choices are Chicken Breast & Club Sandwhich. - I never let them put my condiments on the sandwhich either (unless its mustard bc thats like 5 cals LOL) - Anyone is welcome to add me.. I am starting back w/ MFP
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Subway has options that provide you with more options to eat "healthy." I can get a turkey breast flatbread with vegetables and vinegar (no cheese, I don't like it anyway) for under 200 calories and 17g protein. It's as "healthy" as you want it to be.

ETA:
    lol NO. I worked at a subway, all the veggies are coated in petroleum upon arrival and usually not washed off. The breads contain azodiacarbonamide... which is extremely bad for you.

"azodiacarbonimide, a flour-bleaching agent used by McDonald’s in their limited edition McRib. However, azodiacarbonamide is also found in other popular items in America, like yoga mats and rubber soles for shoes. In addition to bleaching flour, when added to foam plastic, it allows for the evolution of nitrogen, carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, and ammonia gases. Europe and Australia do not view this chemical to be as safe as the United States does, because they have banned its use as a food additive. England has gone a step further and has declared the additive as a respiratory sensitizer, a possible cause of asthma"

via http://chapmanchomps.wordpress.com/2012/10/14/artificial-additives-a-manifesto/

also Sweden has banned it and if it is found in your food, it is punishable by up to $150,000 fine and prison time.
    And you can use apple cider vinegar to clean toilets. Food products used for non-food purposes doesn't make them bad food products.
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    did ya have a nice cookie while you were there? Nice.
  • molonlabe762
    molonlabe762 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    bump
  • psych0kitty
    Options
    Subway is also full of gross.

Jimmy John's is full of win.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    The smell of the place has always convinced me otherwise.
  • baldmitch
    baldmitch Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    6 inch cold cut trio with pepper jack and a bag of Sun chips for dinner last night. Stayed under my daily cals. Did not stay under my fat.

Went over in protein, but I always go a little over because of my workout needs.
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Damn Subway for forcing you to eat that sammich.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    All of the "no cheese" replies make me :sad:

I love me some cheese!

Don't be sad. It's not real cheese, anyway. It's "Processed Cheese Food." :laugh:
  • Redhead_23
    Options
    Just because it's high on calories doesn't make it unhealthy.
    Diet soda is unhealthy 0 Caloires.
    Almonds are healthy - 200 calories 1/4 cup.

You also choose pastrami. Not really known for being low cal. LOL