Death by candy...sabotage ?

Options
123457»

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Move it. Problem solved.

I'll try that again and see how it goes and just continue to move it. It didn't work last yr. but I'll have to wait an see.

I'm a *****. If someone sat it near my desk, I moved it away and it came back, I'd dump the whole thing, dish and all into the nearest garbage can.

well aren't you a gem?

Punish the whole office because you can't control yourself...

Maybe punish the whole office because they aren't respecting her wishes to keep the candy in a different room because she ADMITS she is having a PROBLEM with it.

She's doing her best - her workmates are in the wrong here - this is how I see it.

If she didn't speak up and just threw them away then that is wrong.

If this was people smoking in the office and she asked them to move to another room and they refused would that be different?

Overeating lollies is not just a health issue but also a cosmetic one - sweets make you fat, ruin your skin, make you tired and contribute to diabetes and other assorted health problems. It also may or may not be addictive - but certainly some people have a huge problem saying NO to it.

the workers are in the wrong for putting a candy bowl under a Christmas tree??? Bahahahaha that is hilarious ..

and your smoking analogy is pretty extreme...

Exactly. The person on the diet must learn self control and adjust to their surroundings in public, not the other way around.

If you have anything approaching addiction (I understand this is debatable in regards to sugar) and you're trying to quit.

If you're in any kind of treatment program your support workers will advise you to stay away from the substance and people who use the substance (whatever it is) until you can get a grip on how to live life without overwhelming urges.

Once you're past the 'white knuckle' phase the restrictions can be relaxed.

True, but it is a workplace, and it is not up to everyone else to coddle the personal problems of co-workers in a professional environment. I personally would have been fine with moving the candy bowl if someone asked me to just to make their lives a bit easier. But not everyone is like that, and they are under no obligation to be like that. So the addicted person must learn to adjust or they will keep having these types of problems.

at my office we have three bowls..one for candy, one for cocaine, and one for crystal meth...

Has Massengill contacted you about a spokesmodel contract? Because I think you'd be a natural. :tongue: You seriously have to be the most entitled jock I've ever seen in my life. You have zero sympathy for the people who are where you were six years ago, and rather than make a small accommodation to help them with their goals, you'd make things harder on them just to prove some "majority rules, suck it" point or something. Douchetacular.
    no, but I think Mattel might be contacting you for copyright infringement...

No, I am simply saying that if nine out of ten people in the office want to have a candy bowl under the three, then why should it be moved for one person ...

Way to take a stand. I'm glad you're raising awareness for candy bowl placement in the workplace, it's such an important topic. Except, you know, not. People can find the candy bowl just fine without having it dangling in front of the one person who has impulse control issues and has asked for a simple accommodation. It sounds like only one trollish biznatch at that office is insisting that the bowl be placed in front of the OPs work area, not a unified front of disgruntled candy eaters forced to travel 5 more feet to obtain their God-given right to candy.

And it's Hasbro, not Mattel. But you're probably wrong a lot, huh?

I think I found the rest of your crew...http://www.mattel.com/ but I think they are far above you on an intellectual level....maybe one day, with time, you can hope to aspire to that level...it is good to have goals...
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Move it. Problem solved.

I'll try that again and see how it goes and just continue to move it. It didn't work last yr. but I'll have to wait an see.

I'm a *****. If someone sat it near my desk, I moved it away and it came back, I'd dump the whole thing, dish and all into the nearest garbage can.

well aren't you a gem?

Maybe punish the whole office because they aren't respecting her wishes to keep the candy in a different room because she ADMITS she is having a PROBLEM with it.

She's doing her best - her workmates are in the wrong here - this is how I see it.

If this was people smoking in the office and she asked them to move to another room and they refused would that be different?

Overeating lollies is not just a health issue but also a cosmetic one - sweets make you fat, ruin your skin, make you tired and contribute to diabetes and other assorted health problems. It also may or may not be addictive - but certainly some people have a huge problem saying NO to it.

the workers are in the wrong for putting a candy bowl under a Christmas tree??? Bahahahaha that is hilarious ..

Exactly. The person on the diet must learn self control and adjust to their surroundings in public, not the other way around.

If you have anything approaching addiction (I understand this is debatable in regards to sugar) and you're trying to quit.

If you're in any kind of treatment program your support workers will advise you to stay away from the substance and people who use the substance (whatever it is) until you can get a grip on how to live life without overwhelming urges.

True, but it is a workplace, and it is not up to everyone else to coddle the personal problems of co-workers in a professional environment. I personally would have been fine with moving the candy bowl if someone asked me to just to make their lives a bit easier. But not everyone is like that, and they are under no obligation to be like that. So the addicted person must learn to adjust or they will keep having these types of problems.

at my office we have three bowls..one for candy, one for cocaine, and one for crystal meth...

Has Massengill contacted you about a spokesmodel contract? Because I think you'd be a natural. :tongue: You seriously have to be the most entitled jock I've ever seen in my life. You have zero sympathy for the people who are where you were six years ago, and rather than make a small accommodation to help them with their goals, you'd make things harder on them just to prove some "majority rules, suck it" point or something. Douchetacular.

No, I am simply saying that if nine out of ten people in the office want to have a candy bowl under the three, then why should it be moved for one person ...

Way to take a stand. I'm glad you're raising awareness for candy bowl placement in the workplace, it's such an important topic. Except, you know, not. People can find the candy bowl just fine without having it dangling in front of the one person who has impulse control issues and has asked for a simple accommodation. It sounds like only one trollish biznatch at that office is insisting that the bowl be placed in front of the OPs work area, not a unified front of disgruntled candy eaters forced to travel 5 more feet to obtain their God-given right to candy.

You are a rather intense lady.
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Move it. Problem solved.

well aren't you a gem?

I think I found the rest of your crew...http://www.mattel.com/ but I think they are far above you on an intellectual level....maybe one day, with time, you can hope to aspire to that level...it is good to have goals...

You know, if you're going to take potshots at someone's "intellectual level", you might consider proper capitalization, punctuation, etc. :huh:

Seriously chortling about the inclusion of the "http://www." also. 1995 called, they want their long form URLs back. :laugh:
  • Siansonea
    Options
    Move it. Problem solved.

well aren't you a gem?

You are a rather intense lady.

Not all the time, but sometimes, sure. :bigsmile:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Move it. Problem solved.

well aren't you a gem?

You know, if you're going to take potshots at someone's "intellectual level", you might consider proper capitalization, punctuation, etc. :huh:

Seriously chortling about the inclusion of the "http://www." also. 1995 called, they want their long form URLs back. :laugh:

keep trying…you will get there one day…and maybe on that day you will actually post a real picture, rather than hide behind a doll...
  • Siansonea
    Options
    Move it. Problem solved.

well aren't you a gem?

keep trying…you will get there one day…and maybe on that day you will actually post a real picture, rather than hide behind a doll...

No one's hiding, Mr. Rectus Abdominus. Besides, that doll says more about me than my own visage ever could. You stupidly assume it's a Barbie doll, thus the Mattel quip you seem so absurdly proud of. It isn't a Barbie, in case you were wondering, and even if you weren't.

And you act as though people's profile photos are somehow sacrosanct, unfalsifiable. Your own photo could be anyone, we only have your word that those are your "shredded" abs. And even if they are yours, if you have a janky face, it doesn't matter how toned your abs are, so your photos are inconclusive regardless. My posting a photo of my loveliness would serve no purpose other than to show an obvious and pitiful need on my part for validation and attention from men. I have no need or desire for such attention, not only am I beyond the age of such girlish coquetry, but typically I find gymrat males rather insufferable. Case in point: you.