Who eats 1500cals a day

Options
123457»

Replies

• Saramelie
    Saramelie Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I eat 1800/day but I cycle my calories, so a lot of my days are around 1500.
    Includes:
    eggs
    cottage
    macadamia nuts
    veggies
    salads
    fruits
    meat/fish/poultry
    good fats such as avocado, coconut oil, olive oil

So, basically, I mostly stick to REAL food (cottage excluded, but I LOVE it!!)

I keep the treats for higher days (yeah cycling!)
    Oh no bread or wraps?

Nope, no bread or wrap because grains make me really hungry and then I go overboard. That said, I do eat grains from time to time, but I keep it for specials occasions. And to be honest, I don`t really miss it. It was a process.
  • Saramelie
    Saramelie Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I eat 1800/day but I cycle my calories, so a lot of my days are around 1500.
    Includes:
    eggs
    cottage
    macadamia nuts
    veggies
    salads
    fruits
    meat/fish/poultry
    good fats such as avocado, coconut oil, olive oil

So, basically, I mostly stick to REAL food (cottage excluded, but I LOVE it!!)

I keep the treats for higher days (yeah cycling!)?
    Are u losing weight fast? Like healthy fast. Do u lift heavy? Are u losing lbm, fat, or bit of both?
    [/quote
    Oh and are u logging or just guesstimating?

For the questions : when I get serious, I lose weight pretty fast I think because I am an ex-binger (grains.... sugar...... it triggers binges for me, like 4000-5000 calories binges....) so I guess that my metabolism is in high gear. So I`ve been on this 1800 cal/day since december 1st and lost 7 pounds so far (water weight). I guess it will stabilize around 1 pound/week soon. THIS would be healthy. I don`t know about the fat loss, it`s too new.
    I am logging, weighing my food. Try to not estimate (except if I am eating out) because my radar for `guessing it right`` seems to be broken!
    I am not advocating grains free for everyone, but for myself this is what saves me from binges and being hungry all the time. This and low sugar.
    As for the lifting question, for now I lift but very moderate. I have a long way to go (at least another 60 pounds) so it`s one thing at a time. That said, I used to lift heavy and I really liked the result, but back then I weighed 140 (and overexercised, not sane). For me the best looking body is a muscular one, so a girl that lift heavy will look amazing in my opinion. Once I`m down about 40-50 more pounds I plan to cut back on cardio and start to lift more.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Anyone can put chips and candies in their diet but I don't want to. I am t1 diabetic. Yes I eat that stuff sometimes and just inject the extra insulin for it BUT while I'm losing, I'm gonna avoid that stuff cuz I really wanna lose this fat. I lift heavy too because I wanna maintain lbm while losing fat. So deficit plus heavy lifting = weight loss while maintaining most lbm. I am also gonna do some cardio so I can Mae sure I'm in a deficit due to the no logging thing.

FYI, no that is not me in the profile pic. Lol. I wish...but seriously. I'm wanna become the better ME.

So I was thinking my eyeball 1500-1600 cals a day will look like this for the most part:
    Breakfast
    Greek yogurt and fruit
    Or pb toast and fruit

Snack
    5g carb yogurt
    Or fruit

Lunch
    Sandwich with tuna or lunch meat and light mayo and slice of cheese
    Raw veggies
    Fruit or yogurt

Snack
    Almonds and fruit
    Yogurt and fruit

Supper
    Meat and veggies
    Or meat and veggies with whole grain bread, rice or potato

Snack
    Yogurt and berries
    Or dillpickles
    Or veggies n light ranch
    Or smart pop popcorn
    * bedtime snack will ONLY be some nights.
    *sometimes the odd am or pm snack will be skipped depending on blood sugars after a meal.
    *and when I breakdown to have fast food, I will but I will try my hardest not to give in everytime I feel lie some. I hate using like 3/4 of my cals up in one meal.

Lift heavy 3 times a week and cardio 2-3 times. Different cardio stuff every week. Dancing, jogging, walking, tennis, eliptical, swimming, skating. Whatever.

Are you sure 1500 is the right calorie goal for your activity?

Especially with being T1 diabetic, that sounds like a recipe for a blood sugar plummet. :ohwell:
  • VenharBaby
    Options
    Anyone can put chips and candies in their diet but I don't want to. I am t1 diabetic. Yes I eat that stuff sometimes and just inject the extra insulin for it BUT while I'm losing, I'm gonna avoid that stuff cuz I really wanna lose this fat. I lift heavy too because I wanna maintain lbm while losing fat. So deficit plus heavy lifting = weight loss while maintaining most lbm. I am also gonna do some cardio so I can Mae sure I'm in a deficit due to the no logging thing.

FYI, no that is not me in the profile pic. Lol. I wish...but seriously. I'm wanna become the better ME.

So I was thinking my eyeball 1500-1600 cals a day will look like this for the most part:
    Breakfast
    Greek yogurt and fruit
    Or pb toast and fruit

Snack
    5g carb yogurt
    Or fruit

Lunch
    Sandwich with tuna or lunch meat and light mayo and slice of cheese
    Raw veggies
    Fruit or yogurt

Snack
    Almonds and fruit
    Yogurt and fruit

Supper
    Meat and veggies
    Or meat and veggies with whole grain bread, rice or potato

Snack
    Yogurt and berries
    Or dillpickles
    Or veggies n light ranch
    Or smart pop popcorn
    * bedtime snack will ONLY be some nights.
    *sometimes the odd am or pm snack will be skipped depending on blood sugars after a meal.
    *and when I breakdown to have fast food, I will but I will try my hardest not to give in everytime I feel lie some. I hate using like 3/4 of my cals up in one meal.

Lift heavy 3 times a week and cardio 2-3 times. Different cardio stuff every week. Dancing, jogging, walking, tennis, eliptical, swimming, skating. Whatever.

Are you sure 1500 is the right calorie goal for your activity?

Especially with being T1 diabetic, that sounds like a recipe for a blood sugar plummet. :ohwell:

I get high sugars from heavy lifting so i aim to add a little extra dose before heavy lifting. And cardio i do after a meal and take 30% less insulin due to the exercise im gonna do.
  • vlarocque
    Options
    I eat 1500 net, (walking and horse riding as exercise). No candy but wine every night. Portion control and lean choices are key. Diary is open. Not hungry ever. Not bored either.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I eat 1500 net, (walking and horse riding as exercise). No candy but wine every night. Portion control and lean choices are key. Diary is open. Not hungry ever. Not bored either.

What do you have against dietary fat? :huh:
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    cutting on over 2000...but no fast food or candy. by choice for health reasons.
  • RawFoodBelle
    Options
    Oh I remember those days... Eating 1,500 cals and being hangry most of the time. Losing weight FAST on 1,800, working my way up to 2,300. Candy and cookies on occassion.
  • AproMunro
    Options
    Well, I ate 1400-ish yesterday, and even thought I over ate a bit! All homemade fresh food, ok except the jarred pasta sauce, which I usually make myself, but ya know.. I cheat occasionally too! Anyway, I know I eat more than that on some days, but it felt just fine and I was fully satisfied. I can give you more details about the amounts and stuff I ate if it would help. But, yeah yesterday was a perfectly satisfying 1400-ish calorie day!
  • Tom_on_keto
    Options
    I get about 1500-1800 most days.
  • FitMomOK
    FitMomOK Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I don't record exactly what I eat in MFP, but on paper, then just do a quick input so you can't see what I eat.
    I shoot for 1200, end up around 1400 most days.
    B: 1 egg + 2 whites + 1 piece gf bread = around 200
    L: enormous salad or tomato/broth based soup w/ lean chicken breast = around 400
    S: fruit or popcorn (Vic's light 3 cups for 120 cals) + hot or iced tea = 200
    D: protein like lean chicken or fish; huge amount of cooked veggies (steamed or roasted) = about 400
    S: hot tea + sometimes piece of gf cinnamon bread + 1 T cream cheese = around 100-140
    Total: 1200-1400
    Also, I promise I'm not affiliated w/ this site even though I mention it all the time: canyoustayfordinner.com She has examples of what a 1200 calorie day looks like, 1500 calorie, etc.
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I've been eating 1510/day lately, but sometimes 1760 for slower weight loss if I'm feeling hungry. My "cheat" days are at maintenance, which is 2010. My calorie limits used to be higher, but I recently changed my activity level because school ended and it's cold outside, so I'm walking less. Feel free to check out my diary!
  • Whyareyoumad
    Whyareyoumad Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I just started 1500 today. Give me a week and lets see what happens, this is up from 1300.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I don't record exactly what I eat in MFP, but on paper, then just do a quick input so you can't see what I eat.
    I shoot for 1200, end up around 1400 most days.
    B: 1 egg + 2 whites + 1 piece gf bread = around 200
    L: enormous salad or tomato/broth based soup w/ lean chicken breast = around 400
    S: fruit or popcorn (Vic's light 3 cups for 120 cals) + hot or iced tea = 200
    D: protein like lean chicken or fish; huge amount of cooked veggies (steamed or roasted) = about 400
    S: hot tea + sometimes piece of gf cinnamon bread + 1 T cream cheese = around 100-140
    Total: 1200-1400
    Also, I promise I'm not affiliated w/ this site even though I mention it all the time: canyoustayfordinner.com She has examples of what a 1200 calorie day looks like, 1500 calorie, etc.

Where's the fat (besides one egg and 1T cream cheese... ) ?
  • rachjenn
    Options
    I eat around 1200, feel free to add me.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I just started 1500 today. Give me a week and lets see what happens, this is up from 1300.

Your profile says you have an active lifestyle, and by your pic, you look pretty muscular. So why do you eat like a bird?
  • AproMunro
    Options
    Well, I have been eating this way for a while, but have only been tracking calories for the last weeks or so since I joined here. Seems I eat anywhere from 1200 to 2000 a day. Strange that my weight loss is so slow, but that i just the way it is I guess :p.
  • nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Im all over the place, but i am sure i have eaten 1500 in a day. Some days i eat 3000 and 0 the next day, does that count? Pretty much calories in calories out, keep a weekly deficit and you will lose. Works for me.