Ladies...At what height is a guy creepy short to you?

Options

Replies

• ajaxe432
    ajaxe432 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    This thread shows shallowness to a whole new level....For ladies saying they wont date a guy under 5'8 because it makes them uncomfortable.....how old are you????

Would you date a 300-pound woman?
    How can you compare this? A person can control the weight, not height:)
    This mentality of, "you're shallow if you can't look past appearance," is ridiculous no matter how it's applied.
    I can see your point....but the bottom line is being comfortable in your own skin. If their insecure, then I can see why people would feel that way! For me, I do see people for who they are, because I am comfortable in my own skin. Do I have preferance....yes, but I would not object from dating someone who is overweight simply because they are overweight...If they have awesome attributes, then that outweighs the way they look either way:) So yes, I stand by my point it! Its shallow.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    This thread shows shallowness to a whole new level....For ladies saying they wont date a guy under 5'8 because it makes them uncomfortable.....how old are you????

It's still a shallow criterion. It's still a matter of what you're attracted to.

This mentality of, "you're shallow if you can't look past appearance," is ridiculous no matter how it's applied.

Bottom line is, plenty of short men have found women who love them. So why insult the women who just aren't attracted to that particular feature?

There's a difference between personal preference and referring to someone's height as creepy.

And I'm 6ft5 so I'm not saying this as an overly sensitive short guy.
    As far as I can tell, only the OP mentioned height and "creepy." Most of the women who commented on it said they don't find height creepy, no matter what it is. Some just simply stated a preference. That does not make them shallow any more than preferring blue eyes or blond hair.

Or people who won't date people who have children.

I think deal breaker is a term that was thrown around a lot. Deal breaker is something different to preference.

If I said anything below a D cup is a deal breaker?

Or anything darker than honey blonde is a deal breaker?

I'd be pissed if those were the statements being thrown around as well.

It's ridiculous.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Crotch high.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6- any guy shorter than me is a no-go. Thankfully my husband is a half inch taller!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

I can see your point....but the bottom line is being comfortable in your own skin. If their insecure, then I can see why people would feel that way! For me, I do see people for who they are, because I am comfortable in my own skin. Do I have preferance....yes, but I would not object from dating someone who is overweight simply because they are overweight...If they have awesome attributes, then that outweighs the way they look either way:) So yes, I stand by my point it! Its shallow.
    OK. But how do you know about their other attributes without having a conversation? And you have to approach that person to have that conversation and what is going to cause you to approach that person?

As far as being honey blond or D-cup breasts being dealbreakers? We may all think they're silly standards, but really, you can't control who or what you're attracted to.

Now, this is coming from someone who has dated men who I wasn't initially attracted to and who I got to know as people, but they are not men I would have approached or flirted with, say, if I saw them across a crowded bar. They just happened to be men I got to know as friends through other venues. Does that make me shallow?
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    At under 5 feet, it's pretty hard to get shorter then me... lol. Though I've found that the shorter guys I've dated have the most problem with my height... go figure...

Maybe because they like taller women? My sister is 5'11, her boyfriend 5'9 and he likes her height. And she even wears heels on occasion!
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Has anyone mentioned the height related issues on the guy's part? I don't care how tall a guy is as long as he's able to be happy with who he is and confident in himself, it's when he has major issues with his own height and brings them up on a daily basis that I find height becomes a problem. I have dated guys who were 5'7"-5'9" and confident and secure in themselves and never told me I can't wear heels or that I'm "too tall" or that they wish I was a "short girl" so I'd look better next to them.....and then I've dated a couple who said all of those things and more because they were the ones who were obsessing over their height... That's when it's an issue for me. Whatever height you are guys, be happy with it lol

There ya go.
    If his stature causes personality traits that make you incompatible, then it's the personality / hang ups, not the height, that annoys you.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    Options

OK. But how do you know about their other attributes without having a conversation? And you have to approach that person to have that conversation and what is going to cause you to approach that person?

As far as being honey blond or D-cup breasts being dealbreakers? We may all think they're silly standards, but really, you can't control who or what you're attracted to.

Now, this is coming from someone who has dated men who I wasn't initially attracted to and who I got to know as people, but they are not men I would have approached or flirted with, say, if I saw them across a crowded bar. They just happened to be men I got to know as friends through other venues. Does that make me shallow?

But, then whatever you weren't attracted to wasn't a deal breaker was it?
  • greenhudler
    Options

I think deal breaker is a term that was thrown around a lot. Deal breaker is something different to preference.

If I said anything below a D cup is a deal breaker?

Or anything darker than honey blonde is a deal breaker?

I'd be pissed if those were the statements being thrown around as well.

It's ridiculous.
    This is what I had thought about when I made my comment. Having a preference and saying something is a "deal breaker" are different. I have the *preference* of liking guys with green eyes, but if someone doesn't have green eyes it's not a deal breaker. (Not saying I actually give a crap about eye color haha, just giving an example)
  • rml_16
    Options

It would have been, though, if I hadn't been in a position to get to know that person.

I have a strong feeling that the people who say certain things are dealbreakers would change their minds for the right person IF they had the chance to get to know that person, which doesn't always happen. Everyone thinnks they know what they want.

That said, I don't know that I could be attracted to a short man. Looking back, I think only once have I dated someone shorter than 5'11" and he was still taller than I am (though I'm 5'3", so most men are taller than I am).

I don't find short men creepy or unworthy of love or relationships. I just am not personally attracted to that particular physical attribute. I enjoy feeling small and I wouldn't feel small next to a man my height or shorter.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

This makes you NOT shallow.
    Even though you didn't approach them, you judged them on the basis of their character, not your initial evaluation of their appearance.
    Many women in here wouldn't do that.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    You people are heightists!
    Sorry if we don't all fit into your ideal mold ladies.

If were too short, there are alternatives.
    sexy+man+in+high+heels.jpg
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    At under 5 feet, it's pretty hard to get shorter then me... lol. Though I've found that the shorter guys I've dated have the most problem with my height... go figure...

Maybe because they like taller women? My sister is 5'11, her boyfriend 5'9 and he likes her height. And she even wears heels on occasion!

Lol! Probably right. The guy I dated that was 5'3" if anything had the BIGGEST issue with my height. Dumped me for a leggy blood that was a ballet dancer (ie THIN and TALL). I think he felt that he SHOULD go out with me since I was one of the girls that was nice to him both before and after he loss a very significant amount of weight. Who knew losing weight would turn him into a butt? No speaking from a bitter place I swear... lol. My hubby is 6 ft. Has no issue with my height :). To each their own I guess.
  • rml_16
    Options

This makes you NOT shallow.
    Even though you didn't approach them, you judged them on the basis of their character, not your initial evaluation of their appearance.
    Many women in here wouldn't do that.
    Only because we were thrown together in a way that forced me to get to know them. I would not have taken the time if, say, I saw them on a dating website or in a bar or something.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    Options

It would have been, though, if I hadn't been in a position to get to know that person.

I have a strong feeling that the people who say certain things are dealbreakers would change their minds for the right person IF they had the chance to get to know that person, which doesn't always happen. Everyone thinnks they know what they want.

That said, I don't know that I could be attracted to a short man. Looking back, I think only once have I dated someone shorter than 5'11" and he was still taller than I am (though I'm 5'3", so most men are taller than I am).

I don't find short men creepy or unworthy of love or relationships. I just am not personally attracted to that particular physical attribute. I enjoy feeling small and I wouldn't feel small next to a man my height or shorter.

You can't just make a judgement call on how the MFP masses really think to try and validate your hypothesis.
  • ajaxe432
    ajaxe432 Posts: 608 Member
    Options

No, it does not. Simply preferance...but now we are venturing into the realms of "would we talkwith this person first, then consider them a date" is a whole different chat. My orginal post pertained to people saying they were deal breakers without even giving that person a fair shot....which is shallow
  • rml_16
    Options

You can't just make a judgement call on how the MFP masses really think to try and validate your hypothesis.
    Then maybe all of you calling people shallow for not being attracted to certain people should stop doing that. :flowerforyou:
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Then maybe all of you calling people shallow for not being attracted to certain people should stop doing that. :flowerforyou:

+Like
  • rml_16
    Options

No, it does not. Simply preferance...but now we are venturing into the realms of "would we talkwith this person first, then consider them a date" is a whole different chat. My orginal post pertained to people saying they were deal breakers without even giving that person a fair shot....
    But ... there is no person. This is ALL hypothetical. There is not a specific man being held up in this thread to be judged. There is not a photo in the OP asking, "Would you talk to this man if he were not short?" We aren't sitting around in a room pointing to a specific person and asking random women if they find his height creepy.

There is no man. There is a hypothetical situation and people are offering their gut instincts. And being called shallow for it.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Has to be 2+ taller.
    Anything else idc about.

And in your case that's how tall in centimers/feet?
    Air. Count air.
This discussion has been closed.