Ladies...At what height is a guy creepy short to you?

Options

Replies

• _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    This thread shows shallowness to a whole new level....For ladies saying they wont date a guy under 5'8 because it makes them uncomfortable.....how old are you????

Would you date a 300-pound woman?
    How can you compare this? A person can control the weight, not height:)
    This mentality of, "you're shallow if you can't look past appearance," is ridiculous no matter how it's applied.
    I can see your point....but the bottom line is being comfortable in your own skin. If their insecure, then I can see why people would feel that way! For me, I do see people for who they are, because I am comfortable in my own skin. Do I have preferance....yes, but I would not object from dating someone who is overweight simply because they are overweight...If they have awesome attributes, then that outweighs the way they look either way:) So yes, I stand by my point it! Its shallow.
    OK. But how do you know about their other attributes without having a conversation? And you have to approach that person to have that conversation and what is going to cause you to approach that person?

As far as being honey blond or D-cup breasts being dealbreakers? We may all think they're silly standards, but really, you can't control who or what you're attracted to.

Now, this is coming from someone who has dated men who I wasn't initially attracted to and who I got to know as people, but they are not men I would have approached or flirted with, say, if I saw them across a crowded bar. They just happened to be men I got to know as friends through other venues. Does that make me shallow?

But, then whatever you weren't attracted to wasn't a deal breaker was it?
    It would have been, though, if I hadn't been in a position to get to know that person.

I have a strong feeling that the people who say certain things are dealbreakers would change their minds for the right person IF they had the chance to get to know that person, which doesn't always happen. Everyone thinnks they know what they want.

That said, I don't know that I could be attracted to a short man. Looking back, I think only once have I dated someone shorter than 5'11" and he was still taller than I am (though I'm 5'3", so most men are taller than I am).

I don't find short men creepy or unworthy of love or relationships. I just am not personally attracted to that particular physical attribute. I enjoy feeling small and I wouldn't feel small next to a man my height or shorter.

You can't just make a judgement call on how the MFP masses really think to try and validate your hypothesis.
    Then maybe all of you calling people shallow for not being attracted to certain people should stop doing that. :flowerforyou:

That's not even my argument.

But for today I'm done with smashing my head against a brick wall.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Has to be 2+ taller.
    Anything else idc about.

And in your case that's how tall in centimers/feet?
    Air. Count air.

Ok, i am 10^99 air, is that tall enough?
    Are we counting negatives here? Don't forget fractions.
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    Now, are we talking a trampoline or bungee jumping??
  • ajaxe432
    ajaxe432 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    This thread shows shallowness to a whole new level....For ladies saying they wont date a guy under 5'8 because it makes them uncomfortable.....how old are you????

This mentality of, "you're shallow if you can't look past appearance," is ridiculous no matter how it's applied.
    I can see your point....but the bottom line is being comfortable in your own skin. If their insecure, then I can see why people would feel that way! For me, I do see people for who they are, because I am comfortable in my own skin. Do I have preferance....yes, but I would not object from dating someone who is overweight simply because they are overweight...If they have awesome attributes, then that outweighs the way they look either way:) So yes, I stand by my point it! Its shallow.
    OK. But how do you know about their other attributes without having a conversation? And you have to approach that person to have that conversation and what is going to cause you to approach that person?

As far as being honey blond or D-cup breasts being dealbreakers? We may all think they're silly standards, but really, you can't control who or what you're attracted to.

Now, this is coming from someone who has dated men who I wasn't initially attracted to and who I got to know as people, but they are not men I would have approached or flirted with, say, if I saw them across a crowded bar. They just happened to be men I got to know as friends through other venues. Does that make me shallow?
    No, it does not. Simply preferance...but now we are venturing into the realms of "would we talkwith this person first, then consider them a date" is a whole different chat. My orginal post pertained to people saying they were deal breakers without even giving that person a fair shot....
    But ... there is no person. This is ALL hypothetical. There is not a specific man being held up in this thread to be judged. There is not a photo in the OP asking, "Would you talk to this man if he were not short?" We aren't sitting around in a room pointing to a specific person and asking random women if they find his height creepy.

There is no man. There is a hypothetical situation and people are offering their gut instincts. And being called shallow for it.
    Dealbreaker...small body size....amongst other post. This is where my argument lies. Absolute without knowing the facts behind the person. To say I would be suprised would be a lie. I work in the fitness world and see how negative peeps into fitness can be(not all dont get me wrong here)...maybe that is where I sense this from, but in all fairness I could be wrong as I do not know any member here. Thier comments seem very similar to what I hear daily at the gym, and I can see the similarites. Hypothetical, I can not argue with that. I do however still stand by my point!:)
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    I just count +2 on you, will make airjumps to outheight you :P

To get the ideal height for her ideal man, you got to be me..:wink:

yea already figured that out by reading the threads here :tongue:
    Well guess i walk on then...

Sorry fella, can't win them all eh. :laugh: Let's have a drink though :drinker:
    -noms popcorn and watches-
    Mmmkayyy.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

No, it does not. Simply preferance...but now we are venturing into the realms of "would we talkwith this person first, then consider them a date" is a whole different chat. My orginal post pertained to people saying they were deal breakers without even giving that person a fair shot....
    But ... there is no person. This is ALL hypothetical. There is not a specific man being held up in this thread to be judged. There is not a photo in the OP asking, "Would you talk to this man if he were not short?" We aren't sitting around in a room pointing to a specific person and asking random women if they find his height creepy.

There is no man. There is a hypothetical situation and people are offering their gut instincts. And being called shallow for it.
    Dealbreaker...small body size....amongst other post. This is where my argument lies. Absolute without knowing the facts behind the person. To say I would be suprised would be a lie. I work in the fitness world and see how negative peeps into fitness can be(not all dont get me wrong here)...maybe that is where I sense this from, but in all fairness I could be wrong as I do not know any member here. Thier comments seem very similar to what I hear daily at the gym, and I can see the similarites. Hypothetical, I can not argue with that. I do however still stand by my point!:)

Well, anyone who dismisses a person as a dating prospect based on a physical attribute -- controllable or not -- is then shallow. And therefore, we should all just walk around with our eyes clsoed so as not to be judged for not being physically attracted to any person who might be interested in us.

I won't date men my age or younger. Ever. Never have, unless you count elementary school boyfriends. It is something that is a dealbreaker and something that is out of their control.

So I guess I am, in fact, shallow.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    I've been called out on the forums for being butthurt, and they were right. They challenged me to examine myself, and I actually think that's a good thing.

Sometimes we just challenge one another to be introspective.
  • running_free_1984
    running_free_1984 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I've been in relationships with people who were taller and shorter and those relationships were not based on height. But the person I'm marrying and fathered my children is 6'4''. In all honesty, yes I like that he is so tall for many reasons. One reason being that I'm 5'7'' and he can reach a whole bunch of stuff that I can't!
  • running_free_1984
    running_free_1984 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hearing this makes me think I should ask him to do more cleaning of high fixtures!But yeah stuff like changing lightbulbs in awkward places.
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    At 5'. I've never had a problem with this.
  • ajaxe432
    Options

Well, anyone who dismisses a person as a dating prospect based on a physical attribute -- controllable or not -- is then shallow. And therefore, we should all just walk around with our eyes clsoed so as not to be judged for not being physically attracted to any person who might be interested in us.

I won't date men my age or younger. Ever. Never have, unless you count elementary school boyfriends. It is something that is a dealbreaker and something that is out of their control.

So I guess I am, in fact, shallow.
    So hypothetically they lied about their age after 2 years of being together??? Your response?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    So hypothetically they lied about their age after 2 years of being together??? Your response?

My response to someone having lied to me for two years in a relationship? Is that really the question here?
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Wow, a whole new molehill of stupid.

Just stack it over there with the mountain we've already got going on around here.....
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I hate this thread.
  • ajaxe432
    Options

My response to someone having lied to me for two years in a relationship? Is that really the question here?
    That about sums it up! On to newer things:)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    It makes me sad how shallow some girls can be. This thread is disappointing on so many levels.

Then you shouldn't have bumped it 4 days after it had already died.

Is there anything in here to make it nuke worthy? This thread pains me too. It seems like "height shaming" if that's a thing.

As a shorty I have had the freedom to date guys of every height and I've dated some pretty HAWT short guys. They don't seem short at all when they carry themselves with that swagger and confidence and pull out big wallets or other things. I don't see how someone could have called it "creepy" even if an amazon with high breasts had hers at eye level. I have two tall cousins and they also date guys regardless of their height and it's never been an issue. When we were younger, partyers and drunk every weekend it might have made for some funny "eye level" moments but no one ever thought that was creepy just funny. By now everyone's used to their body and size and those awkward moments are avoided by the social graces and postures of the sober and civilized. Why is this thread even a thing?
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    According to a survey of 20,000 online daters:
    a 5-foot-0 guy would need to make $325,000 more than a 6-foot-0 man to be as successful in the online dating market. A 5-foot-4 man would need $229,000; a 5-foot-6 man would need $183,000; a 5-foot-10 man would need $32,000. And if that 6-foot-0 man wanted to do as well as a 6-foot-4 man, he’d need to make $43,000 more.

link: http://tierneylab.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/04/09/how-dont-i-love-thee/?_r=0

I know women have preferences but that is ridiculous! And yet the prevailing idea that it is men that care more about looks or physical appearance than women. Lies...
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Off topic but I never understood why tall women, 5' 11"+, wear high heels.
    I hate this just as much as i hate this thread.
This discussion has been closed.