Day by Day Challenge

Options

Replies

• Ravyn1982
    Ravyn1982 Posts: 225 Member
    Options

1. laundry (I swear I'll get it done today)
    2. Organize Sewing room(really need to get it done I gotta make some clothes for my kids)
    3. Clean coffee table(I think theres still one under all the junk hehe)

All almost completed. The sewing room is taking more than I expected.

Today's goals would be

1. Clean all of my empty canning jars. (my berries need to made into jelly:))

2. Stay under my calories even though its my cheat day. I have built in a cheat day for every week and choose the one day I have the hardest time following thru on anything anyways.

3. Clean out the coat closet. Need to make sure I have everything since the weather is starting to get cooler and soon my kids will need their coats when we go out.

Leela, I wish I could get all the housework done. It seems to never really end but I guess thats the joys of being a mom:)

Inmyshoes, You'll get that paper done so don't worry! When they are that long it always seems like such a daunting task but once you start it will go smoothly.

I'm gonna post for Sunday too cause I don't know if I'll have time to get back on the boards today.

Sunday's goals

1. That dang sewing room but this time making the hubby help me get it done!!

2. Drink more water, I've been really bad about this one lately and I was doing so good. Have to get back into it.

3. Make the blackberry jelly so the berries don't go bad. :)

Have a good weekend!!
  • sim247
    sim247 Posts: 354
    Options
    Good evening all,

I didn't post on here yesterday with my goals for today. I guess it's a bit late in the day now to post goals (it's almost 8pm in England) so I have my feet up with a cup of green tea watching the x factor! I have been veryy good today though. I walked to my local shopping centre and walked around for a couple of hours and back home so I have burnt loads of calories and I still have lots of calories left as I am not going to eat my exercise cals today.

I will be back on here tomorrow to post my goals for the day.

Hope everyone is having a great day! It's great to see so many new faces on here :smile:
  • sim247
    sim247 Posts: 354
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone,

It's all very quiet on here today.....

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their Sunday so far. The sun is shining but I have just had a 'disagreement' with my other half so after lots of tears and tantrums, I have decided to cheer myself up by logging on to mfp!

On the plus side, I have lost 1 pound this week so life isn't all that bad......

I don't really have any different goals for today other than to keep my fluids up and eat within my calories. And try and keep positive and happy. I am having a rest day today so no exercise for me.

Looking forward to seeing how eveyone else is doing!
  • inmyshoes
    Options
    Saturday Goals
    1. Spin Class - FAIL. Didn't feel like spin but I did do 40min weights, 50min elliptical, and 15min bike so that's more than the hour spin class which was my original goal.
    2. Drink 2L of water (not including water at the gym) - DONE
    3. Clean living room and bedroom - DONE

Sunday Goals:
    1. Start paper!
    2. Walk dog for at least 20min
    3. 60 min cardio plus 15min of ab work
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    Saturday's goal:
    1. Hit the gym hard. (They are closed Sun and Mon for the holiday)
    2. Don't eat while watching tv. I am getting better at this one, but I still need a reminder.
    3. No pop. Going to try to go all weekend without it.
    4. And most important one- Balance my active lifestyle with my family life.

1. Yes, 80 minutes of cardio. woot
    2. Wow, this one was a little hard, but I did it!
    3. I almost broke down on this one too, but I drank water w/lemon instead.
    4. Yes, but this is one that I will have to keep working on.

And I've changed my Sunday's goals:

1. No sweets. There's some peanut M&Ms in the freezer that's been calling my name.
    2. Stay within my calories-- I'm not working out today, so I don't have any extra calories.
    3. No pop still, drink atleast 72 oz of water.
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!

I missed yesterday due to work which I got sent home early from because I am sick. So my goals for today are going to be pretty easy.

1. Water! Water! Water!
    2. Rest! Rest! Rest!
    3. Get some reading done for class.

Have a good day everyone!
  • chriscuts
    Options
    been meaning to post on this daily, but still finding my way around this site! Day 6 for me, and still as motivated as day 1. my goals have been the same each day.

1. to log all food
    2. to drink 2 litres of water
    3. to do 30 mins of exercise 5 days a week

apart from drinking all that water, I manage it sometimes but not every day if I'mhonest, the rest I'm doing! The exercise I'm finding easier each session, and look forward to upping the intensity.

goals remain the same for today with 1 added one, of no booze.... gonna try and give up my wee nips in the evening! :blushing:
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    NICOLE- I hope you feel better! How was the football game? Did you hear about your THON interview on Sunday? DO TELL!
    And I've changed my Sunday's goals:
    1. No sweets. There's some peanut M&Ms in the freezer that's been calling my name.
    2. Stay within my calories-- I'm not working out today, so I don't have any extra calories.
    3. No pop still, drink atleast 72 oz of water.
    1. I had a half of peanut butter cookie. But I still think of this as a success. Usually, I would have easily eaten at least 2 or 3.
    2. I did stay under my calories. Another reason why I don't mind the half of cookie.
    3. I had a sip of diet pepsi and it tasted like dirt. Not sure why, but it made me not want anymore. I probably drank 80 oz of water.

Monday's goals:
    1. Make sure I log everything I ate. I think that half of cookie slipped through the cracks.
    2. Cook meals for the next two days.
    3. Workout 30 to 45 minutes from home, gym is closed!
  • liza38
    Options
    This sounds like something I might be able to do. He he

1. drink more water ( I hate water)
    2. stay within 1200 calories
    3. Take my children to gym and let them swim while I workout for 30 min.
  • nam14uk
    nam14uk Posts: 556 Member
    Options

My goals for today (Friday):

1. Gym tonight (no excuses)
    2. Get this particular job done at work which I have been putting off since March!
    3. Eat more green food - definitely a lack of veggies in my diet so need to do something about this.

Evening all!

So I was a little slack with putting my goals up at the weekend. Although this is how I fared with Friday's goals:

1. Didn't get to the gym because my 30 day shred dvd arrived much to my delight and so I did it straightaway but consequently was knackered and didn't get to the gym. Still a work out though so I was happy! I've done day 3 level 1 but gave myself a rest from it today and went to the gym instead.
    2. I got about 90% of my work job done. It's been such a pain and hanging over me for so long but I got through most of it and would have finished it but urgently had to move on to do something else. Almost there though so will put that on for my Tues goals.
    3. I have increased my green food intake at least at dinner so will have to get moving on lunctime as well and remember the greens for every diner!

My weekend goals were generally to eat well and keep within my calories and do as much training as possible. I managed all that but woke up v tired today! Goals for today were pretty much the same! Had a weigh in as well and in a week I lost a little over 2lbs so I'm happy and grateful to all you lovely people who've pushed me to get on with it!

So my goals for Tuesday are:

1. Choose a sensible lunch as I will be out so can't take any food from home.
    2. Leave work on time so I can go to my legs bums and tums class in the evening.
    3. Go to my class even if I'm feeling tired!

Hope you're all getting on well. Nam x
  • Ravyn1982
    Options

Today's goals would be

1. Clean all of my empty canning jars. (my berries need to made into jelly:))

2. Stay under my calories even though its my cheat day. I have built in a cheat day for every week and choose the one day I have the hardest time following thru on anything anyways.

3. Clean out the coat closet. Need to make sure I have everything since the weather is starting to get cooler and soon my kids will need their coats when we go out.

Sunday's goals

1. That dang sewing room but this time making the hubby help me get it done!!

2. Drink more water, I've been really bad about this one lately and I was doing so good. Have to get back into it.

3. Make the blackberry jelly so the berries don't go bad. :)

So Saturday was mostly a success as I only went over by 11 calories on my cheat day:) I got my jars clean but I didn't get around to the closet because I went to visit with my mother.

Sunday I got nothing done. I woke up with an icky stomach and it just stayed that way all day. I barely moved from the couch but I did manage to stay well below my calories. I'm feeling much better today.

So Monday's goals

1. drink more water. I'm doing better about this but I'm still have trouble getting enough in everyday. So this will be a daily goal until I get into the habit of drinking more without thinking about it.

2. Stay under my calories. Since the weather isn't agreeing with my wanting to go for a walk.

3. Recently bought a bunch of books for my kids so I'm gonna get them all out the bags and boxes and onto the bookshelf for them.

I also can tell you all that on Tuesday I will not have many goals. I'm getting a tooth pulled in the morning and won't be able to eat much. So my goals for Tuesday are to just take it easy and drink plenty of water.
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    Monday's goals:
    1. Make sure I log everything I ate. I think that half of cookie slipped through the cracks.
    2. Cook meals for the next two days.
    3. Workout 30 to 45 minutes from home, gym is closed!
    1. Those dog-gone peanut butter cookies are still lingering, yes, I had one, yes I logged it...accomplished
    2. I didn't cook as much as I would have liked, but at least I have the menu for the next two days planned, so...accomplished
    3. I worked out 47 minutues at home...accomplished.

Tuesday's goals:
    1. Actually cook the meals that I planned out.
    2. Complete level 2 of shred. It's been a while since I did it since I was sick last week.
    3. Continue to drink plenty of water.
    4. Eat fruit as a snack (not peanut butter cookies).
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Hi, Just found this group. Can I join?

If so, my goals for tomorrow would be:

1. Sprint during my walk- 4 X 30 seconds
    2. CLEAN MY CLOSET ( oh my, it is SCARY in there)
    3. Find a bookshelf for my bedroom ( after said closet cleanup)

I know the last 2 aren't diet related, but they weigh me down :laugh:
  • chriscuts
    Options
    been meaning to post on this daily, but still finding my way around this site! Day 6 for me, and still as motivated as day 1. my goals have been the same each day.

1. to log all food
    2. to drink 2 litres of water
    3. to do 30 mins of exercise 5 days a week

apart from drinking all that water, I manage it sometimes but not every day if I'mhonest, the rest I'm doing! The exercise I'm finding easier each session, and look forward to upping the intensity.

goals remain the same for today with 1 added one, of no booze.... gonna try and give up my wee nips in the evening! :blushing:
    tuesday.
    I did it!! no booze, and didnt missit either. Now today is a busy working day for me, I might have to skip the exercise, but I'll try and fit some in somewhere.. didnt think I'd ever try to make the time.. so progress there!

todays goals are
    2 litres of water
    30 mins exercise
    no booze

taking logging all food off my goals now as I find that easy! I actually eat in front of the computer and log as I eat! LOL
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!

Leela! I am feeling a little better today... but then again the worst of it doesn't usually come till night when I start getting tired. The football game was AMAZING! Ahh I love football. And I did hear about the THON interview. I didn't get it. It's funny because something else happened this weekend that really put things in perspective for me and I wasn't upset about not getting it. Which leads me to...

I have a favor to ask all of you. I don't know if any of you heard about the Bloomsburg soccer player this weekend. He was 19 and a sophomore and he was found dead in his apartment on Saturday morning. Brian went to my high school. While I didn't know him well I had a few classes with him and I know a lot of his friends that were left behind. His best friend was my neighbor. None of them are doing well right now, obviously, since it came as such a shock. So if you guys pray, please pray for his family and friends. If you don't pray just send some positive energy their way. He was one of those people that lit up the room with his personality and I think this week will get worse once it has truly sunk in. Thank you!

On to todays goals.
    1. Hit the gym! I gained 3 pounds this week from being sick and being stupid with food choices.
    2. Eat some fruits and veggies!! I need them in my diet.
    3. Appreciate the small things and smile more.

Have a good day everyone!

Nicole
  • SharonsJetSet
    Options
    I haven't caught up with all the posts but I just wanted to let you all know I haven't quit on you. I have been in the hospital with Pneumonia and Diverticulitis. Either of them are real serious and of course I had to get both. I'm finally home and on some serious antibiotics. Of course my diet has to change dramatically.....more fiber, more carbs and less protein UGH!! exact opposite of what I'd been doing - except for the fiber. I cannot exercise for at least a week (including my horse). I'll be ready to go back to work on Thursday - thank goodness!!

Tuesday's Challenges:
    1) go shopping for foods to support my new diet - yogurt, eggs, white rice, pasta, bread
    2) drink 2-3 liters of water (not crystal light - real water)
    3) get my prescriptions filled
  • Ravyn1982
    Options
    So Monday's goals

1. drink more water. I'm doing better about this but I'm still have trouble getting enough in everyday. So this will be a daily goal until I get into the habit of drinking more without thinking about it.

2. Stay under my calories. Since the weather isn't agreeing with my wanting to go for a walk.

3. Recently bought a bunch of books for my kids so I'm gonna get them all out the bags and boxes and onto the bookshelf for them.

I also can tell you all that on Tuesday I will not have many goals. I'm getting a tooth pulled in the morning and won't be able to eat much. So my goals for Tuesday are to just take it easy and drink plenty of water.

Ok got all of Monday's goals done. YAY!! But that tooth is still in my mouth because the dentist couldn't pull it out! She pumped me full of 4 syringe's full of numbing stuff and I still felt it when she went to try to really yank that baby out. OUCH!!! So my cheek is really numb and so is my lip but I have full feeling to my teeth. Its so not pleasant. :sad:

So Goals for Tuesday
    1. Find an oral surgery center that is cover by insurance and schedule an appointment pronto.

2. Drink plenty of water.

3. Rest with all the pain that is goin on in my mouth right now.

Hope the rest of you have a good day.

Sharon, I'm glad your ok!! SOunds like you had yourself quite a scary time there. But if they let you go home your doing much better!!
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    I am on track for meeting Tuesday's goals.
    1. I'm going to cook after I shred.
    2. I'm getting ready to shred after I'm done posting, plus I've already been to the gym! double Hooray
    3. I have already met my water quota (64 ounces) before noon! woohoo
    4. All the peanut butter cookies are gone! So no added temptations.
    Maybe I need harder goals.....

welcome beesareyellow, there's always room for more! don't worry if the goals aren't always diet oriented. It's just mainly about what you want to accomplish that day. For me, sometimes it's finishing the laundry. It seems like thats a never ending cycle.
    I love the idea of sprinting during your walk. Do you walk indoors, outdoors, treadmill?

Chris, glad you're so committed to logging your food and skipping the shots. Maybe that can be something that you save for over the weekend. Having a few drinks is sometimes a good way to unwind. I'm glad you don't miss it, that's part of discipline and being strong.

Nicole, thats so sad to hear about your classmate. I will definitely pray for his family and friends. Its so heartbreaking to hear about someone's life being cut short and expected at such a young age.

Oh Sharon, thanks for bringing us up to speed on how you've been. Please take care of yourself and don't worry about diet and exercise. Right now, you need to just focus on getting healthy. I know your horse sure will miss you. Will you atleast go out there to feed him and tend to him even if you can't ride? Do you have someone who you can do the shopping for you and get your prescription filled? Please don't overexert yourself.

Ravyn, why couldn't she pull the tooth? It sounds painful. I got two of my wisdom teeth pulled in December, so I defeinitely know what you mean.
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome!

Well, closet is cleaned out, guess what, found a little cabinet in there that will work great as a bookcase.
    I love it when a plan works out for FREE.

As for the sprinting, despite the weather dude saying it would be mild today, temp got up to nearly 30 (Celsius) during my walk- I walk outdoors.

I was soooo hot after attempting my sprint that I am ashamed to say, I gave up. But my walk is about 4 miles in distance so it was not a total wash.:ohwell:

Not to worry, tomorrow is another day.
    Goals for Wednesday:

1.Sprint 4X45 seconds
    2.Add protein, decrease carbs for breakfast (my dietitian insists)
    3.Do Island run 2x on wii fit

Wish me luck, the dude says it will only get as high as 17 tomorrow.:tongue:
  • hplvt
    hplvt Posts: 62
    Options
    I'm in!
    Wednesday Goals-
    1- Drink 8 cups of water
    2- Run 3.1 miles
    3- Make brownies for my little boy's class and not touch them!