water fasting

Options

Replies

• Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    Im on a water fast ive done juice fasts and now am doing a water fast if anyone else is doing a fast let me know and we can compare fasts and weight loss xx

i. smell. a. troll.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Yes you read it correctly if you don't agree with fasting than just don't comment this page is for people who are curious and might want to give it ago not for people to say its wrong if its so wrong why can doctors recommend the diet to people and monitor people they would tell you not to not help you with the fast j suggest anyone who doesn't no about fasts looks them up and does there research Jesus done a 40 day fast Ghandi done a 21 day fast

Is there anyone that can check in on you daily and take care of your son?
  • Taterpoof
    Taterpoof Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I am aiming for 52 days done research and plenty of people have done this long plus i finding fasting pretty easy

Pretty sure this will result in death :huh:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Yes you read it correctly if you don't agree with fasting than just don't comment this page is for people who are curious and might want to give it ago not for people to say its wrong if its so wrong why can doctors recommend the diet to people and monitor people they would tell you not to not help you with the fast j suggest anyone who doesn't no about fasts looks them up and does there research Jesus done a 40 day fast Ghandi done a 21 day fast

No...it's an open forum so we have every right to comments and its actually against the rules to promote unsafe diet practices.

BTW - some of Ghandi's followers died doing fasts. Plus, you are not Jesus, and you mentioned doing a 52 day fast.

Your logic and excuses are very telling.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Water fasting... please. I do vodka fasting. Much better results.

^ in sufficient quantities it's a natural purgative.

I only do it when I'm doing a cut. Or bored. Or lonely.

I usually cry during extended vodka fasts too, it helps flush out the toxins in my life.
  • Taterpoof
    Options
    My best friend is a personal trainer and is joining the marines he said doing a fast is fine i have an 18 month old son and he says its fine as long as i font over do it if anyone wants to try a fast j suggest a juice fast first before doing a water fast so you get an idea of how hard it is every individual has different experience with fasting look it up and check out videos on youtube x

Its ridiculous and irresponsible.

Oh my god. Please don't listen to your marine buddy. Seriously. He has no idea what he is talking about. You need to talk to a doctor and a registered dietitian before you even attempt something like this. Bad. Idea.

This ^

I am studying to become a personal trainer and nothing says anything about fasting (water/juice/etc.) being a good thing.
  • SweeDecadence92
    SweeDecadence92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Long term extreme fasts are only ever safe if your regularly being monitored by a doctor . So consult one before you start otherwise, you know, death is a likely outcome.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    I am aiming for 52 days done research and plenty of people have done this long plus i finding fasting pretty easy

Pretty sure this will result in death :huh:

But isn't that the ultimate weigh loss strategy? The will never gain it back either.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Lol, but jesus had god in his corner.:laugh: And have you ever seen pictures of Ghandi? I believe in fasting, but not for long periods of time. Long fasts slow metabolic rate significantly and catabolize lean tissue.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • fhy1993
    Options
    Yes i have consulted my doctor i have weekly appointment to check blood pressure heart rate and everything else in not doing any thing wrong here my husband is here during the day to help with my son ive done everything right consulted my doctor made sure there's someone else here during the day to help.me out i drink green tea as well as water for the caffeine to give me energy lots of people do fasts if you font agree wit my fast that's fine but don't say in a bad mum and promoting starvation that's really not nice and i don't appreciate someone i don't even no commenting on my parenting skills
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Yes i have consulted my doctor i have weekly appointment to check blood pressure heart rate and everything else in not doing any thing wrong here my husband is here during the day to help with my son ive done everything right consulted my doctor made sure there's someone else here during the day to help.me out i drink green tea as well as water for the caffeine to give me energy lots of people do fasts if you font agree wit my fast that's fine but don't say in a bad mum and promoting starvation that's really not nice and i don't appreciate someone i don't even no commenting on my parenting skills

So basically you are hoping to find people who are also starving themselves.

Starting to wonder if this is the new pro-ana peeps ad method for finding each other. :grumble:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Oh, so now you are suddenly supervised by a doctor, and not just by your marine friend.. Convenient.
  • Taterpoof
    Options

1. Just because a lot of people do fasts does not mean it's a good thing.

2. If a doctor has approved a 52 day water fast......drop him immediately.

3. Pretty sure this is the definition of starvation.

4. The fact that you even need to make sure someone is around to help out suggests that this isn't healthy

Also if you google water fast, this is what pops up on the very top of the first page.

water fast
    Web definitions
    Water fasting is a type of fasting in which the practitioner consumes only water. One may water fast for a variety of reasons, including medical and religious requirements. Such fasting for prolonged periods poses significant health risks.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_fast
  • fhy1993
    Options
    Look im sorry i even put up that im on a water fast I'm sorry if i upset anyone this is the diet i have chose and most likely i wont last that long any way im 20 ok i don't need people having a go at me or slagging me off calling me a bad mum or a liar or stupid or whatever else it is your saying i didn't mean to upset anyone ok sorry
  • JBnyc99
    JBnyc99 Posts: 100 Member
    Options

Oh dear lord. Where to even start?

Forget it,...one question only,...

Weekly doctor appointments? Really? As in once every 7 days? For how long now and for how long going forward? Seems odd to say the least. If true, can you add me to your health plan? Thanks.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Holy crap did I stumble into a pro-ana site?!?!

You should not be "water fasting" for weight loss.

Excuse me? I fast 40 hours 3 times a week on nothing but water.

Does that make me ana now?
  • maostrom
    maostrom Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Why are you against just reducing your cals and doing it the normal way though?
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Holy crap did I stumble into a pro-ana site?!?!

You should not be "water fasting" for weight loss.

Excuse me? I fast 40 hours 3 times a week on nothing but water.

Does that make me ana now?

I fast between 42-70 hours a week on a no food no water fast...I call it the Sleeping Method.

But you aren't trying to do a 24/7 water fast for 52 days straight. Just walking a marathon everyday at speeds that break world records, right?
  • Taterpoof
    Options
    Why are you against just reducing your cals and doing it the normal way though?

Didn't you know that weight loss is supposed to be as complicated and uncomfortable as possible?
  • LalaBerlin
    Options
    Putting aside the fact that water fasting over a period of 52 days is just insane, fasting should never be about weight loss. Usually, people fast to clean their bodies or for spiritual/religious reasons. Yes, you will lose weight but that is just a side effect not the main goal. There is a reason why fasting cures are supervised and should include (almost) daily checks on health, etc.

Everyone should be aware that it cannot be healthy to consume just water for 52 days. (And green tea because of the coffeine? What about some nutrients so you won't be that tired anymore?)
This discussion has been closed.