water fasting

Options

Replies

• ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    And here we go again.........fasts don't work, cleanses don't work. Stop being foolish.....ugh.
  • JBnyc99
    JBnyc99 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm gunna try just dieting and exercising like Sara said just ride it out and up my exercise and hopefully the weight gets moving again i might do two three days a week on fresh vegetable juice tho instead of fasting just have a couple days of less calories and more exercise

In case you missed it,...Joy posted some great links for you on the previous page,....
    You aren't a bike or a car. You don't "kick start" or "jump start" weight loss...especially not with a 52 day water fast. More than likely, you are probably eating more than you know. Are you using a food scale to weigh all your food? If not, invest in one and weigh whenever possible. Log everything you eat (no quick add calories) and do it everyday consistently. Here are a few links I'd suggest you read.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/why-big-caloric-deficits-and-lots-of-activity-can-hurt-fat-loss.html

Grab a cup of tea and start reading. Best of luck.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Fasts only help people mentally more so than physically.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I'm gunna try just dieting and exercising like Sara said just ride it out and up my exercise and hopefully the weight gets moving again i might do two three days a week on fresh vegetable juice tho instead of fasting just have a couple days of less calories and more exercise

Thank you.

One of the hardest aspects of dieting is patience and sticking to a plan, especially when the plan is a little slower than something that is more extreme. However, it really is worth it in the end. Very low calories causes all sorts of hormonal disruptions (especially low fats) and low protein has you running the risk of muscle loss.

Have a read of the threads linked above (the sexypants one in particular).

People are honestly not trying to be mean - they have your best interests at heart, albeit sometimes delivered in a blunt manner (including me).
  • fhy1993
    Options
    Ok i will thank you everyone for your support and helping me succeed with a healthy diet instead of extreme i was only thinking of going it to lose the weight faster but you are all right i should take mh time and do it properly so i don't get ill :)
  • rie_q
    rie_q Posts: 73
    Options
    I still want my peer-reviewed studies on fasting :laugh:
  • Taterpoof
    Taterpoof Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Ok i will thank you everyone for your support and helping me succeed with a healthy diet instead of extreme i was only thinking of going it to lose the weight faster but you are all right i should take mh time and do it properly so i don't get ill :)

The fact that you are willing to take advice and change your plans is awesome. A lot of people refuse to listen to anyone's advice so kudos =):flowerforyou:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

The fact that you are willing to take advice and change your plans is awesome. A lot of people refuse to listen to anyone's advice so kudos =):flowerforyou:

^^seconded
  • fhy1993
    Options
    There nothing wrong with listening to others and changing your plans if you believe the other people are trying to help and encourage you in do things the right way and the healthy way :)
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Total waste of time and headache just do it the right way eat less move more
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    There nothing wrong with listening to others and changing your plans if you believe the other people are trying to help and encourage you in do things the right way and the healthy way :)

Bravo!
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options

Well done. Wishing you all the best.
  • tpmaxwell2
    Options
    Im on a water fast ive done juice fasts and now am doing a water fast if anyone else is doing a fast let me know and we can compare fasts and weight loss xx

I did a 10-day water fast about 7 years ago and by day 8, I could not tolerate the taste of water. Granted I was using a refrigerator, filtered water dispenser, but it was really tough the last few days. I had some detox symptoms that almost cleared up before the end of the fast. I felt good and had energy throughout the fast, even with light weight lifting 3x a week.

Then last year, I did a 7-day water fast, using the tap water here in Belgium, and I had no problem with it.

Neither of the fasts did I track my weight, bf%, or any other health stat. I did feel stronger, confident, and motivated, mentally, to have accomplished such a task, which I'm sure spilled over into other areas of my life.

Good luck and stick it out!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    And here we go again.........fasts don't work, cleanses don't work. Stop being foolish.....ugh.

Huh? Fasts dont work? Tell that to people who fast & do lose weight.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Yep. Happens every time someone calls me Shirley.

airplane-slap-o.gif
    :laugh:
  • Cranquistador
    Options
    Holy crap did I stumble into a pro-ana site?!?!

You should not be "water fasting" for weight loss.

Excuse me? I fast 40 hours 3 times a week on nothing but water.

Does that make me ana now?
    that's not the same thing and you know it. you are getting plenty of calories the other days...i have seen your posts elsewhere.
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    Holy crap did I stumble into a pro-ana site?!?!

You should not be "water fasting" for weight loss.

QFT
  • Cranquistador
    Options
    No this is the first time ive been in here since i joined i actually only joined the sight for advice and other peoples weight loss stories that may help me but being a mum obv takes up all of my time. I do weigh all my food i take 1200 calories daily and i do 60 -90 minutes a day of exercising dependin on how long my son naps for x

I would strongly urge you to reconsider a long fast. Weight loss is not linear and we have stalls along the way. Could you try to increase your activity to create your deficit rather than restricting your food? I know its sometimes hard to make time, but having enough energy throughout the day is so important, as well as getting enough nutrients.
    please listen to her, she knows what she is talking about, and join the group she runs with sidesteel:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/10118-eat-train-progress

I hope you reconsider and know that you can accomplish great things with resorting to something dangerous.

ETA: oh good, it looks like you have reconsidered...best of luck
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Glad you decided to do it the right way. Can I ask, what is your height and weight now? Do you have lots to lose or just a little.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    why???????
This discussion has been closed.