water fasting

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I have actually always wanted to try this but I'm scared to because I have a baby and I need to have energy for her. Think it's possible? If anyone has any input on my situation I would love to hear it because I really really want to. Juice fasting was incredible for me! Good luck on it OP!
    please do not do this…

good lord people…just eat in a calorie deficit and work out …this is really not that complicated..
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Yes you read it correctly if you don't agree with fasting than just don't comment this page is for people who are curious and might want to give it ago not for people to say its wrong if its so wrong why can doctors recommend the diet to people and monitor people they would tell you not to not help you with the fast j suggest anyone who doesn't no about fasts looks them up and does there research Jesus done a 40 day fast Ghandi done a 21 day fast

for some reason I do not think you are on level with Jesus or Ghandi…

Additionally, you posted this in a public forum so we can comment on the idiocy of this..

if you want, start a closed grow and you and the water fasters can waste away in privacy...
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    And here we go again.........fasts don't work, cleanses don't work. Stop being foolish.....ugh.

Huh? Fasts dont work? Tell that to people who fast & do lose weight.

Does the weight stay off once the fast finishes and they begin to eat normal food? No...so they don't work !!
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I'm not against normal dieting and exercise ive lost four stone in the past year with exercise and diet just my weight is stuck now so doing a fast should hopefully kick start the weight loss again that's all

no, you can't "kick start weight loss..its not like a car batter that dies..

re-assess what you are eating and how much you are eating …it will be better for yourself in the long run, rather then starving yourself…besides all you are going to lose with a 50 day water fast is massive amount of muscle...
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    There nothing wrong with listening to others and changing your plans if you believe the other people are trying to help and encourage you in do things the right way and the healthy way :)

I am so proud of you! I now have no question in my mind that you will be a stunning success. High five!!!!!!!!!!!
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Are you taking any supplements with it? I heard that you can get pretty sick doing a just water fast without any vitamins for an extended amount of time.
    Taking supplements would not be fasting. And taking supplements during a fast is not necessary. It's helpful to have a lead in diet, for a few days before the fast, with a lot of micro-nutrient rich food.

That's not the medical definition of fasting. People are prescribed supplements. So do people who practice Intermittent Fasting. They are considered necessary. If you're on a three-day fast, it doesn't matter, but if you're on an extended fast, or are doing IF on a regular basis, you should take vitamins.
  • toutmonpossible
    Options
    I'm not against normal dieting and exercise ive lost four stone in the past year with exercise and diet just my weight is stuck now so doing a fast should hopefully kick start the weight loss again that's all

There is a psychological benefit for some people in going on a strict plan. Slow-and-steady all the time does not work for everyone. It's a "myth" of dieting.
  • toutmonpossible
    Options
    And here we go again.........fasts don't work, cleanses don't work. Stop being foolish.....ugh.

Does the weight stay off once the fast finishes and they begin to eat normal food? No...so they don't work !!

It depends on what they eat. IF works for lots of people. Google "The Fast Diet," which was written by a journalist with a medical degree who interviewed researchers and tried various methods himself. He did a program on his experiences.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options

It depends on what they eat. IF works for lots of people. Google "The Fast Diet," which was written by a journalist with a medical degree who interviewed researchers and tried various methods himself. He did a program on his experiences.

Why would I want to punish myself with two days of eating very little when I don't need to? And how is that in any way the same as fasting in the way the OP suggested?
  • ndj1979
    Options

There is a psychological benefit for some people in going on a strict plan. Slow-and-steady all the time does not work for everyone. It's a "myth" of dieting.

again, you don't just "jumpstart" weight loss...calories in vs calories out is how you lose weight...
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In...

...to try to figure out what's going on in here.
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I water fast is a highly unhealthy way to lose weight. Hydration is key to healthy organ, muscle, tendon, and bone survival. Deny the body for long periods of time and you are doing your body more damage than you realize.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • Yeah let's goo!! HOW long is it for ?? :)
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Are you taking any supplements with it? I heard that you can get pretty sick doing a just water fast without any vitamins for an extended amount of time.
    Taking supplements would not be fasting. And taking supplements during a fast is not necessary. It's helpful to have a lead in diet, for a few days before the fast, with a lot of micro-nutrient rich food.

Or. You could just eat food and not do a pointless water fast.

^^^^ totally this!!
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    why???????
    Why do you have such an interest in bashing something you aren't even willing to try or research for yourself? Every other post on this topic is from you. If you don't want to fast, don't.
  • Rocbola
    Options
    I water fast is a highly unhealthy way to lose weight. Hydration is key to healthy organ, muscle, tendon, and bone survival. Deny the body for long periods of time and you are doing your body more damage than you realize.
    Were you under the impression that a WATER fast doesn't provide water to the body?
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Yes you read it correctly if you don't agree with fasting than just don't comment this page is for people who are curious and might want to give it ago not for people to say its wrong if its so wrong why can doctors recommend the diet to people and monitor people they would tell you not to not help you with the fast j suggest anyone who doesn't no about fasts looks them up and does there research Jesus done a 40 day fast Ghandi done a 21 day fast

for some reason I do not think you are on level with Jesus or Ghandi…

Additionally, you posted this in a public forum so we can comment on the idiocy of this..

if you want, start a closed grow and you and the water fasters can waste away in privacy...

Yeah! Jesus done a fast!!

He resurrected from death so I can too.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

Or. You could just eat food and not do a pointless water fast.
    Ignorance. You don't see the point, but there is one.

Enlighten me, please

I've found the point. Here it is! We can all see it now

2175893-close-up-of-sharp-pencil-point.jpg
  • Rocbola
    Options
    Please tell us about your last water fast and how it didn't work. If you are knocking on something you have never tried, and know nothing about, you are the one who is being foolish.
This discussion has been closed.