Barista refused to remake my drink or add more milk to it

Options
I am so upset, I had a drink made at Starbucks and when they made it they showed it to me and from what I could see it looked good but I waited a bit and when the whip melted the drink was like an inch down from the rim! So they had filled it up with an inch of just whip cream and when I showed them this and explained it and asked for more milk they refused to do it and refused to remake it saying well I showed it to you before and its just fine, well I couldn't tell before that they used so much whip cream. And they refused to remake it and told me to stop talking.

Replies

• micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Did you call the cops?
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    :noway:

Starbucks = nothing but :sick:
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Did you call the cops?

QFT.
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I think the part where your argument falls apart is where you write "but then I waited a bit", implying the whip melted because you chose to wait. Not sure how that makes Starbucks liable for the whip going down because you decided to wait a bit. It is reasonable to expect that whipped toppings recede with time.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    just ask for no foam or low foam next time. that usually means you get more milk and less air
  • workoutgirl141
    Options
    The whip melted which then showed me how much it was, it was too much whip cream, they left an inch below the rim for whip cream and thats too much.
  • Catlady87
    Catlady87 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Starbucks suck. Go to Costa instead
  • awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    meh. Don't be so picky. That's why I make my own coffee.

ETA: if they really did tell you to "stop talking" then yes that warrants a complaint, but I honestly don't see that happening.
  • Safiyandi
    Options
    firstworldproblems.txt
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Do you know how many minutes of exercise you'd have to put in to work off the calories in that "coffee flavored milkshake" you ordered?

Trust me, they did you a favor.
  • firstworldproblems.txt

lolololol
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I am so upset, I had a drink made at Starbucks and when they made it they showed it to me and from what I could see it looked good but I waited a bit and when the whip melted the drink was like an inch down from the rim! So they had filled it up with an inch of just whip cream and when I showed them this and explained it and asked for more milk they refused to do it and refused to remake it saying well I showed it to you before and its just fine, well I couldn't tell before that they used so much whip cream. And they refused to remake it and told me to stop talking.

If you talk like you write, this makes sense.
  • molonlabe762
    molonlabe762 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Starbucks is a giant waste of money
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    The whip melted which then showed me how much it was, it was too much whip cream, they left an inch below the rim for whip cream and thats too much.

Are you saying that you get this drink many times, and this one time it looked very different from all the other times? That argument would be more reasonable - as in you expect Starbucks to produce and serve a consistent product for the same money charged.
  • kristen49233
    kristen49233 Posts: 385 Member
    Options

So that 1/2 inch that they shorted you made you upset enough to create a post here to complain about it?? :noway:

Life is to short to sweat the small stuff!!
  • Hahah the self righteous people who responded to this poor lady's post are too funny. Don't worry, Starbucks tends to go overkill on whip and what not!
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    And the reason you are complaining here and telling people how upset you are is.....?
  • Kayden1986
    Kayden1986 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    and....... my worries seem so small now.
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    That is very unfortunate, but I'm not sure why you would post it on this forum....
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    it+isnt+fair.gif