Barista refused to remake my drink or add more milk to it

Options

Replies

• workoutgirl141
    Options
    The whip melted which then showed me how much it was, it was too much whip cream, they left an inch below the rim for whip cream and thats too much.

So that 1/2 inch that they shorted you made you upset enough to create a post here to complain about it?? :noway:

Life is to short to sweat the small stuff!!
    It was actually an inch
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Side note:

"Whipped cream": Cream that had been subjected to whipping to achieve a frothy, thick consistency.

"Whip cream": Cream made from a whip? :huh:

th?id=H.4872070384848210&w=196&h=183&c=7&rs=1&pid=1.7

Sounds vaguely hot, but still not something I'd want in my coffee. :laugh:
  • workoutgirl141
    Options
    The whip melted which then showed me how much it was, it was too much whip cream, they left an inch below the rim for whip cream and thats too much.

Are you saying that you get this drink many times, and this one time it looked very different from all the other times? That argument would be more reasonable - as in you expect Starbucks to produce and serve a consistent product for the same money charged.
    Yes, I get this same drink on a daily basis and this time it seemed different.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options

So order it without whip cream next time?
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    this just in...starbucks is terrible
  • workoutgirl141
    Options
    I am so upset, I had a drink made at Starbucks and when they made it they showed it to me and from what I could see it looked good but I waited a bit and when the whip melted the drink was like an inch down from the rim! So they had filled it up with an inch of just whip cream and when I showed them this and explained it and asked for more milk they refused to do it and refused to remake it saying well I showed it to you before and its just fine, well I couldn't tell before that they used so much whip cream. And they refused to remake it and told me to stop talking.

If you talk like you write, this makes sense.
    Why?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Starbucks suck. Go to Costa instead

This!
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    An inch from the top of the cup sounds about right to me.

I have always had excellent service at Starbucks and found the staff to be patient, efficient and polite.

Starbucks even offer to carry the used coffee grounds out to my car for my veggie garden. I asked Costa for the same and they said they just throw theirs away.

edit: they even offer hot soya milk upon request for the vegans who enjoy coffee out there.
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    If I have bad service at a Starbucks, I go to the website and lodge a comment. I've done it for poor drinks and poor customer service. Both times the company has responded immediately and taken care of the problem. For me, they mailed me free drink coupons, both times. In the case of the customer service, I think the girl had to go for more training or something because she was off that shift for a long time. Now she's back and she is a different person with the customers. Complaints to the company work. They don't work if you do it here.

Personnaly, I would never have this problem because I hate whip cream and won't order it. Ever.
  • kristen49233
    kristen49233 Posts: 385 Member
    Options

So that 1/2 inch that they shorted you made you upset enough to create a post here to complain about it?? :noway:

Life is to short to sweat the small stuff!!
    It was actually an inch

I would assume they would fill to about a 1/2 inch below the rim....but seriously??? Geez....did you catch my second statement?? You must be really sweating right now! Get a grip!
  • thundrks
    thundrks Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have patronized Starbucks all over the world.... They've never shown me my coffee and asked if it looked ok. Why would they do that? Do they usually do that? Maybe they already knew something was wrong with it? This post is making smoke come out of my ears.
  • MrJThomasEsq
    MrJThomasEsq Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Side note:

"Whipped cream": Cream that had been subjected to whipping to achieve a frothy, thick consistency.

"Whip cream": Cream made from a whip? :huh:

th?id=H.4872070384848210&w=196&h=183&c=7&rs=1&pid=1.7

Sounds vaguely hot, but still not something I'd want in my coffee. :laugh:

Choke, snort,,,guffaw!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • WakkoW
    WakkoW Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I am thankful I have never gotten upset over a cup of coffee.
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    For future reference...this should be in the Chit Chat & Nonsense section, not the Food & Nutrition section. :bigsmile: But dang, if you're gonna get this freaked about an inch of drink, you must REEEEEALLY need your coffee. Better luck tomorrow.
  • Sarahndipity30
    Sarahndipity30 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Just No.
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 987 Member
    Options

Are you saying that you get this drink many times, and this one time it looked very different from all the other times? That argument would be more reasonable - as in you expect Starbucks to produce and serve a consistent product for the same money charged.

Ok, now I get it.

This seems like a case of poor customer service. Two courses of action perhaps:

1) don't buy from them again, you vote with your $$, and seems like that particular location does not deserve your money
    2) call and find out who the store owner is, let owner know what happened, identify date, time and employee. From what I observe, Starbucks is huge on customer service and producing consistent products to delight the customer. Owner of this franchise would care to know of any deviation from the customer-focused objective.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I hate Starbucks.

Just here for the comments :smokin:
  • juniperfox
    juniperfox Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    First world problems at their finest.

edit: getting my popcorn ready. :)
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options

Ok, now I get it.

This seems like a case of poor customer service. Two courses of action perhaps:

1) don't buy from them again, you vote with your $$, and seems like that particular location does not deserve your money
    2) call and find out who the store owner is, let owner know what happened, identify date, time and employee. From what I observe, Starbucks is huge on customer service and producing consistent products to delight the customer. Owner of this franchise would care to know of any deviation from the customer-focused objective.

You seem fun too.
  • Dgydad
    Dgydad Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you aren't very well acquainted w/ Starbucks or their drinks. If the recipe calls for whipped cream, they have to leave space at the top of the cup to add it. Since whipped cream contains a large volume of air, it occupies less space when it dissolves - the gases that expanded the cream dissipate.
    If you didn't specify "no whip", it sounds like you got what you ordered. You should not expect to get your drink replaced at the business's expense because you didn't order what you actually wanted..................................