• dinmaris7
    dinmaris7 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Tim Horton's all the way!!!!
  • Spartan_1_1_7
    Spartan_1_1_7 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Side note:

"Whipped cream": Cream that had been subjected to whipping to achieve a frothy, thick consistency.

"Whip cream": Cream made from a whip? :huh:

th?id=H.4872070384848210&w=196&h=183&c=7&rs=1&pid=1.7

Sounds vaguely hot, but still not something I'd want in my coffee. :laugh:

Ha ha
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Tim Horton's all the way!!!!

I agree
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    This reminds me a story from my first experience with Starbucks. Prior to the bucks my only knowledge of cappucino is what you would find in a cappucino machine at a gas station (ie. Sugar filled french vanilla goodness in a cup). So the first I go to starbucks i order a cappucino. My mom asked me if I was sure and I insisted. So I get my cappucino, i got to take my first sip, and blech! WTF? Why am I drinking foam? Wheres the dang cappucino? Where is the sugar?

Long story short, I marched back into that starbucks and asked them why they only filled my cup half way. After the amazed stares, they were like, "You ordered a cappucino, and that is how they are made". Me, being the cultured, gas station drinking cappucino connoisseur I am retorted with "Oh no, I have had plenty of cappucinos before, and this is not it! Might I also say this is the worst cappucino I have ever had! If that cappucino machine at Qwik Trip had a tip jar I might be obliged to contribute knowing the superiour product they possess! I demand satisfaction!" (my response may be over exaggerated for dramatic effect)

So after some convincing they made me a latte. I drink lattes now.

Moral of the Story. OP, try harder and get the job done. Don't be a quitter and then whine about your failure on an internet message board.

7/10

For higher marks, add a skit about throwing the cappucino in the manager's face.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Where else is the whipped cream supposed to go if not down into the drink? If they filled the cup to the rim with coffee and then squirted whipped cream on top of it, there's going to be displacement of the coffee (the whip does have some weight to it) and the coffee would spill over. It's not like a frappucino or shake that the whipped cream can just sit on top without sinking some.

As unreasonable as your request was, they should have just added more milk to shut you up if nothing else. The customer is always right and all that.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mr5y1xLa6N1svufyzo1_250.gif
    Also, strong first post.
  • workoutgirl141
    Options
    I wasnt expecting no space for whip cream, but they didnt need to leave it an inch below the rim for it.
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Where else is the whipped cream supposed to go if not down into the drink? If they filled the cup to the rim with coffee and then squirted whipped cream on top of it, there's going to be displacement of the coffee (the whip does have some weight to it) and the coffee would spill over. It's not like a frappucino or shake that the whipped cream can just sit on top without sinking some.

As unreasonable as your request was, they should have just added more milk to shut you up if nothing else. The customer is always right and all that.

I was thinking the same thing. I'd be pissed if they filled my drink to the top because it would be spilling all over.

This thread is great.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    A53yL5DCQAAWVoe.png
    what is that pic for?
    Why I'm glad you asked!

Here's a bridge. Get over it.

Here's a straw. Suck it up.

Here's a full cup. Shut the full cup.

:flowerforyou:
    I like you. :bigsmile:
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    This reminds me a story from my first experience with Starbucks. Prior to the bucks my only knowledge of cappucino is what you would find in a cappucino machine at a gas station (ie. Sugar filled french vanilla goodness in a cup). So the first I go to starbucks i order a cappucino. My mom asked me if I was sure and I insisted. So I get my cappucino, i got to take my first sip, and blech! WTF? Why am I drinking foam? Wheres the dang cappucino? Where is the sugar?

Ry, that's what you get for being fancy and going to the gas station. In my house cappuccino came out of a rectangular tin can. Two spoonfuls and you had a delicious frothy cappuccino.
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    Now that I think about it, whenever I get coffee and I tell them I want milk in it the *kitten* leave an inch or so room just so they can add my milk!:angry:

I am definitely going to complain!

On a side note, I once ordered a light ice latte at D&D and while they went light on the ice they did NOT give me an adequate amount of latte so I asked the woman if she could add more coffee. She said no. I said ok, milk then. She said no and that the only thing she could do was put more ice in it. :huh:

Needless to say I haven't gotten an iced latte from there again. Never mind the fact that their coffee sucks any way.
  • iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Wow! no offence everyone but your all being really rude. OP ignore the haterz. There just jelouse and being rude, no offence.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options

Ry, that's what you get for being fancy and going to the gas station. In my house cappuccino came out of a rectangular tin can. Two spoonfuls and you had a delicious frothy cappuccino.

Yes! I also had that! That is also superior!
  • xombiebite
    xombiebite Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    if someone in the service industry told me to stop talking...

tumblr_mmswbjHqd41r1mr1po1_500.gif

*edit* actually if anyone told me to stop talking in general.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Do you know how many minutes of exercise you'd have to put in to work off the calories in that "coffee flavored milkshake" you ordered?

Trust me, they did you a favor.

My goodness. I order myself a sweet Starbucks treat coffee now and then. And log it. :indifferent:
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    Options
    -hipster-barista_20120430032247.jpg

Take solace OP.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Wow! no offence everyone but your all being really rude. OP ignore the haterz. There just jelouse and being rude, no offence.

Jelouse?

Enchante, madamoiseille...Carlos.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options

No OFFENSE taken, but I assure you, no one here is JEALOUS. Are you f!cking kidding me with this?