Don't forget to get your flu shot!

Options
wheird
wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
The winter season is upon us so I just wanted to give everyone a friendly reminder to get vaccinated this holiday season against this year's flu strain.

Happy Monday!

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I do need to, everyone else in my family has.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Its too late. If you haven't done it by now, you're already dead.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Already did but the nurses at my hospital were telling me it wasnt a new strain and I'd probably already been vaccinated. My OB told me I needed to get it, so I got it.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    I got mine in nov...I had the flu last week...
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I got mine. I am presently sitting in my doctor's waiting room with what I suspect is the flu.
  • fitbugfreak
    fitbugfreak Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Have never had one nor do I intend on getting one.
  • wheird
    Options

Wasn't the flu, you overtrained.
  • ZombieGeezUs
    Options
    I don't take the flu shot
  • wheird
    Options
    Have never had one nor do I intend on getting one.

Smh
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I never get the flu shot
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options

Happens to everyone I know who gets a flu shot...hence the reason I've never done it...
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Umm... nope... I have only gotten the flu shot one time... while pregnant... probably won't get it ever again... I just don't get sick like that *knocks on wood*... it's very rare that I get sick more than the occasional stomach bug.
  • wheird
    Options
    If you get the flu after getting the flu shot, odds are it was a different strain or lessened in severity.
  • kellenas
    kellenas Posts: 154
    Options
    I don't take the flu shot. The last time I got one was many years ago and I got the flu the next week. Haven't had one since and haven't had the flu since.
  • coretemp
    coretemp Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    get it every year some time in October, last time I had a fever was probably in grade school
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    And remember, kids, it only protects against some of the more common or more severe strains, not every flu. So getting sick anyway is a crappy reason not to get one. Maybe you get an uncommon strain, but at least you won't get that AND swine flu or whatever it is this year.

If you care about being a decent human being and protecting old people/kids/immunocompromised people you encounter, just get the stupid shot unless you have a legit medical reason of your own...which you probably don't.

People who trot out tired anecdotes about "getting sick anyway" or "the shot makes me sick" try my patience severely.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I get mine every year. Not because I'm personally worried about being sick, but because there are people who are immuno-surpressed who are unable to fight off diseases like the flu. For these people, coming into contact with a sick person can be fatal.

I have a 1 year old niece and 3 year old nephew who fall into this category. The other elderly people living in my mother-in-law's retirement home also do. There are thousands of people whose lives are put at risk when you chose not to get vaccinated, and I consider it an act of selfishness. There are very few legitimate reasons not to be vaccinated; the vast majority of people who declare they're unsafe or unnecessary are making assertions founded on a very poor understanding of the science.
  • ZombieGeezUs
    Options
    And remember, kids, it only protects against some of the more common or more severe strains, not every flu. So getting sick anyway is a crappy reason not to get one. Maybe you get an uncommon strain, but at least you won't get that AND swine flu or whatever it is this year.

If you care about being a decent human being and protecting old people/kids/immunocompromised people you encounter, just get the stupid shot unless you have a legit medical reason of your own...which you probably don't.

People who trot out tired anecdotes about "getting sick anyway" or "the shot makes me sick" try my patience severely.

Yes, not getting the flu shot is all apart of my diabolical plan to infect everyone. You found me out! Are you a hypochondriac?
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    No thanks, I'm not interested in autism as a lifestyle choice.

to even humor this nonsense, is adult onset autism a real thing now?

That is of course assuming you are an adult...
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    Guess I'm part of those that don't care about other people. Natural selection I suppose.

No flu shot for me.