What foods surprised you?

Options
123457»

Replies

• enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Cheese. I love it. 1 slice is like 110 calories. That doesn't even talk about the fat. For someone who grew up eating a sandwich every day I'm wondering why I wasn't fatter sooner. Sandwiches in general are way more calorific than I imagined.

However, English muffins surprised me. At 130 calories the cinnamon raisin kind are almost like a treat.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    granola bars. the chocolate dipped ones used to be my chocolate-bar replacement, but they're just as bad.
  • ljashley1952
    ljashley1952 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    My first surprise was the 355 calories contained in 1/2 an avocado!

The second thing was finding out how high in calorie my home-baked Artisan bread is. 222 calories per slice!
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    celestlyn wrote: »
    My first surprise was the 355 calories contained in 1/2 an avocado!

The second thing was finding out how high in calorie my home-baked Artisan bread is. 222 calories per slice!

lol what kinda mutant avocados r u eating??? I get the small ones, and half of one is usually 50-60grams and 80-100 calories
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I thought I was making a better choice with the lettuce wrap appetizer as an entree'. I just looked up cashew chicken lettuce wraps and they were a lot more calories than I thought they would be.
  • freesia83
    freesia83 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Brown rice is a lot higher than I thought it would be, but mushrooms a lot lower yum.