Wow fantastic, very inspiring!
  • Erika1962
    Erika1962 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I have no words :flowerforyou:
  • heather4949
    heather4949 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Impressive......no other word.....just impressive...
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! Congratulations!! You look great!!
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    What an inspiring story. I don't know you but I'm PROUD of you and you should be so proud of your success. Thank you for sharing.
  • grdnr03
    grdnr03 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Great story, what a difference!! glad you were able to find the help you needed to get you to where you are today!!! Congrats! have a great ride!!
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Just an update...

Today is the day I think we all wait to have happen, goal day!

14 Months ago I started this journey, at that time we made a goal of 215 lbs - 160lbs to lose. I changed that goal to 199, but this morning I weighed 215 lbs on the dot, I had a body composition test done that showed I have just under 20% body fat now with about 4 lbs of extra fat left to lose. The final 4 pounds will come off, I am not worried about it. Today is my day, now its onto maintenance, I'm happy, healthy, fit and am going to enjoy this new life to the fullest.

66ba6b83-7ee1-4753-ac6b-21ae24751ca8.jpg

Left was taken October 2012 Right was taken last night.

Thank you to all my MFP friends who have kept me motivated and have been there cheering me on, you guys and gals are awesome.

Goals left to smash:
    Century Ride for the Tour de Cure - May
    Spartan Sprint - August
    Hike a Mountain - June or July
    Maintain - Forever
  • azavala78
    azavala78 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting! Congratulations on all your hard work :smile:
  • BlueAngelChar
    BlueAngelChar Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    great work D!! you are like a new man and happy to call you my friend!!
  • aplhabetacheesecake
    Options
    I am almost in tears-

I am an RN- DIabetes educator- your transformation is something I wish for- for the majority of my patients.
    MY GAWD you have courage, persistence, motivation, strength, commitment and willpower!!!! take it all in, you sir are amazing!
  • ShannonMcisley
    ShannonMcisley Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Brought tears to my eyes. I know I have no idea who you are but I am so PROUD of you!!
  • _Resolve_
    Options
    I am almost in tears-

I am an RN- DIabetes educator- your transformation is something I wish for- for the majority of my patients.
    MY GAWD you have courage, persistence, motivation, strength, commitment and willpower!!!! take it all in, you sir are amazing!

Thank you for doing what you do! Please check out my blog also and share it with your patients. Let them know that getting that diagnosis isn't the end of the world, im proud to be a type 2 and ive met some amazing people because of it.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, and thanks for following up! You've done something amazing. Good luck with training for the century. Are you doing a road century or is it off-road?
  • _Resolve_
    Options
    Congratulations, and thanks for following up! You've done something amazing. Good luck with training for the century. Are you doing a road century or is it off-road?

The century is on the road, its for the Tour de Cure here is the route link http://ridewithgps.com/routes/2080409
  • _Resolve_
    Options
    An update:

Today is my 500 day logging streak using MFP, I have weighed and tracked every single gram of food, i've been honest with my logging and have learned what I need to do to continue making the right decisions and have decided to apply what I know and trust myself enough to not count my calories anymore. This is a big step for me, so tomorrow starts the next phase of this new life.

To my friends: Thank you all for being there for me, for cheering me on, for helping me when I needed it the most. I am so proud of all of you. I decided the best way to represent what a group of strangers can do when we support each other was to go through my friends list tonight and add up all of the weight we have lost together. I'll omit user names 'cause I didn't ask any of you if this was ok.

Together we 70 people have lost: 3,274 pounds. :bigsmile: :drinker:

Be proud of that! I am.

500 Days 163 Pounds

163.jpg

Quitting has never been and will never be an option.
  • mandybear014
    mandybear014 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    You are truly amazing! :flowerforyou:

Thank you for sharing your story, pictures and the updates.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!