Anyone else not believe in "starvation mode?"

Options

Replies

• inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    America is fat because of the poor food quality. Poor kinds of carb people eat and food that are loaded with different kinds of sugar. In America, everything has to be "sweet"(aka loaded with sugar)

This is a very good lecture.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpllomiDMX0

Hmmm so it has nothing to do with calories then? Thats a relief

From what I can deduce from his lecture, it has to do with the kind of carb/calorie people consume.

Basically boils down to food. To get your calories, will you want to get it from white rice or white sugar?

< gets calories from black rice and black sugar...

LOVE black rice... so good for you!
    Haven't tried black sugar. I've got to look into it ;)
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    America is fat because of the poor food quality. Poor kinds of carb people eat and food that are loaded with different kinds of sugar. In America, everything has to be "sweet"(aka loaded with sugar). Chickens, Cows, Hogs fed with antibiotics, GMO crops (usually to be resistant to pesticides)...

carb people?

Yes. Carb people.
    9df02dc7faefa71857c7de75cab6b213.jpg
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Makes me wonder, do Koreans and Japanese "count" their calories and fat intake obsessively or do they just have better portioned diet? They also walk more than most North Americans, which eliminates the "need" to go to the gym weekly.

Both countries have less than 5% obesity rates.

North Koreans or South Koreans?
  • inside_lap
    Options
    Makes me wonder, do Koreans and Japanese "count" their calories and fat intake obsessively or do they just have better portioned diet? They also walk more than most North Americans, which eliminates the "need" to go to the gym weekly.

Both countries have less than 5% obesity rates.

North Koreans or South Koreans?

But wouldn't that question bring us potentially back to the question at hand about starvation mode?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    America is fat because of the poor food quality. Poor kinds of carb people eat and food that are loaded with different kinds of sugar. In America, everything has to be "sweet"(aka loaded with sugar)

From what I can deduce from his lecture, it has to do with the kind of carb/calorie people consume.

Basically boils down to food. To get your calories, will you want to get it from white rice or white sugar?

well you know that old saying..once you go black, you don't go back...
  • DamePiglet
    Options

Shame on you!

Y'all are riceists!
  • inside_lap
    Options

Shame on you!

Y'all are riceists!

LMAO!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,023 Member
    Options
    Your argument is much like the starvation mode argument. By and large inappropriately misused by most people. Yes the type of calorie matters. However as most people don't get the basic in and out concept getting into the nuance of what type of calorie in and type of calorie out is really overkill for the average individual trying to lose weight. 3000 "healthy" calories in and 2000 out will still result in weight increase. Just like 2000 "bad" caloreis in and 3000 out will still result in weight loss. None of which relates to starvation mode which is the topic of this thread.

There is no way an individual would take in 3000 "healthy" calories unless he is 8 foot tall. If you are full, your brains will hardly crave for food, therefore, you will not have the urge to eat.

And 2000 "bad calories" are likely to result to diabetes and other complications.

Again, will you rather take your calories from white sugar from from white rice (or wheat)? Hunger pangs relate to the brains and hunger pangs relate to calorie intake. Would you rather not eat in you are hungry when you've reached your calorie goal or would you rather eat food that make you feel full at the amount of your goal?

If there's nothing in your stomach, your brain will think it is hungry despite meeting his/her calorie goals
    You aren't from Beverly Hills are you?
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Shame on you!

Y'all are riceists!

That had me truly giggling. Which is the real world equivalent of LMFFAO !

Muttley-picture.gif
  • DamePiglet
    Options
    :blushing:
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    In for more Peachygirl14 logic.
    tumblr_mxs1w8vgs21sj3oxho1_250.jpg
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    In for more Peachygirl14 logic.
    tumblr_mxs1w8vgs21sj3oxho1_250.jpg

Yeah...that was kind of entertaining in a WTF are you talking about kind of way....
  • inside_lap
    Options
    My fault for trying to reason w the unreasonable... Lol
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options

Lol its also called common sense and alot of ppl lack it so there for think that they can try to talk about anything with out any common sense behind it
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,130 Member
    Options

Lol its also called common sense and alot of ppl lack it so there for think that they can try to talk about anything with out any common sense behind it

ALOT2.png

At least I think I do. If I am deciphering your post correctly. Not sure.
  • jennegan1
    Options

ALOT2.png

Lol I hope you do....Well Im just saying usually ppl who lack common sense talk nonsense even when they try to appear to be talking about something smart
  • inside_lap
    Options

ALOT2.png

Love that image! I totally want to put it in my office! I was just saying the other day that some people just LOVE to pet and love on their neurosis/diagnosis.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,130 Member
    Options

ALOT2.png

Love that image! I totally want to put it in my office! I was just saying the other day that some people just LOVE to pet and love on their neurosis/diagnosis.

Yes, well...um...my little neurosis may be clearer once you see the source of the image :laugh:

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html?m=1
  • jennegan1
    Options

[/quote]

ALOT2.png

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, well...um...my little neurosis may be clearer once you see the source of the image :laugh:

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html?m=1
    [/quote]

I get what you mean now :)