how do you deal with a broken heart?

Options

Replies

• MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    It's like going through a death, I think.
  • bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I had mine removed and replaced with a Microsoft product. Much more reliable.
  • ModernNerd
    ModernNerd Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Hugs for you OP :flowerforyou:

Finding a distraction has always been the key for me getting through break ups. Focus on self-improvement, not for him but I find it helps remind you that YOU are the most important person in your life:) I've found a ton of new interests in the times I was fresh out of relationships. Actually, a big part of why I started working out was to get out of my own head and force myself to get out of my room after I'd broken up with a guy.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Squats and dead-lifts.
  • Kirstyw871
    Kirstyw871 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Sleep around.
  • samkelly89
    samkelly89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Sometimes happiness is a decision. Choose to be happy.
  • TerryRobWasm
    TerryRobWasm Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My heart is now permanently broken. I will NOT allow myself to be vulnerable again. Love hurts, sometimes too much. I've had enough hurt.

Time heals all wounds, but the scars remain as a reminder. My scars run very deep.

How do you deal with it??? One day at a time, sometimes one hour at a time, sometimes, one minute at a time. Sometimes crying helps.

Never again!!

All the suggestions for getting over someone and healing are good and are well taken. I'm soon to be 66 YO. Getting to be kind of late for me. Some hurt at my age can run pretty deep.
  • DeputySox
    Options
    Do what my Army drill sergeant always told us to do. Fvck it and drive on! Good luck!
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    2vwtk7r.jpg

Wait, no Ben and Jerrys?
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I never thougt about this until now. When I was in my teens and early twenties, I only had casual dating relationships that all ran their course and ended on friendly terms. I married my first serious love interest and we've been married 30 years. If this ends badly, I'll have to figure it out then.
  • YoungIronG
    YoungIronG Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    eat.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,983 Member
    Options
    time.
    It's a good magazine and all, but I'm not sure how helpful it will be.

080929+TimeCover.JPG
  • Elisabeth2016
    Options
    No one really knows the way I dealt with it was to get back with my ex might not be a good idea for most but we're still together so?
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Have a good cry, then go shopping, round up the girls for a night of getting loser drunk, one night stands...and then when the dust settles you need to make a plan of action. I agree with the working out. Nothing says eff you like a hot body and a new wardrobe. Now it's time to think about your career, hobbies, friends and family. Make him wish he never broke up with you, but remember WHY you broke up in the first place. Take good care of yourself...that's the most important thing.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Stitches or glue. I prefer Stitches, they are more artistic. :)
  • bettacheckyoself
    Options
    max the credit card
  • funsmile1234
    funsmile1234 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    time and completely distract yourself. Give yourself time to grieve but don't let it consume you. Find something you like a lot and do that thing. Cut off all contact with that person so you don't further injure your soul and be patient with yourself. It's a process.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Seriously, what do you do?

Keep yourself busy
    Focus on yourself and what you want.
    Immerse yourself in interests.
    Go out with friends.
    Time is on your side.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options

Keep yourself busy
    Go out with friends.
    Time is on your side.

This. He's absolutely right. Get out and do the things you like to do. That way when you meet someone, you'll already have one thing in common.
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Seriously, what do you do?

Keep yourself busy
    Go out with friends.
    Time is on your side.

Truth.

Be kind to yourself. Seek positive influences.

Don't seek answers in destructive behaviours such as sleeping around, drink and drugs.