Why can't we have both? :smooched:
  • Sandytoes71
    Sandytoes71 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Oh please someone tell me what tl;dr means?? ♡
  • bbg_daryl
    bbg_daryl Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    If you could compress this into something a little shorter, it would make for a fantastic sticky post for the new members section. :D
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    TL but D[id]R

Most definitely agree!
  • rachelakai2
    rachelakai2 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Well said. Thanks!
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    I read it all and I loved it. Except for this:
    Cardio will make you skinny. Heavy things make you fit.

Cardio will also make you fit. What type of exercise people choose to do should be up to them, but I see cardio as being unnecessarily demonized by the heavy lifters. I get that they don't want to burn off their hard won muscles. But that is not your every day average person who wants/needs to lose weight.

I have awesome leg and butt muscles from running hills and sprints. (brag brag) :smile:

But for the rest of your post - :drinker:

I find myself getting frustrated with new posters, because it seems the 'dumb' questions and the 'dumb' advice never ends. But you have inspired me to dig deep for renewed patience. Especially this time of the year! :love:

:heart:

jerseypeach I have often thought there should be a MFP for heavylifters and a MFP for the rest of us. I had someone say to me that if I want to be heart healthy and stay slim to do cardio and if I want to look like a work out then lift weights. I personally do more cardio then anything and when I played basketball(cardio) on a regular basis I got compliments on my legs for the first time ever in my life.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

Too Long; Didn't Read
  • kcragg
    kcragg Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Excellent post, makes a lot of sense :drinker:
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options

TL;DR= Too long; didn't read

Edit : Quietbloom beat me too it :)
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    While I appreciate and I'm sure many do what you say, unfortunately there is no getting away from the flamers. And due to hwo fast the forum moves I bet this will be buried deep somewhere ina f ew days. Set a reminder to yourself to bump it on Jan 1st!
  • _JPunky
    _JPunky Posts: 508 Member
    Options

Too Long; Didn't Read

I should have added that to the things I learned on MFP...And I just figured out what the heck that meant the other day. lol!
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I got a handful of very kind responses to my dorkhead "What the hell is up with the sugar thing?" question several months ago, and no snark whatsoever despite the fact that I deserved it. In payment and out of respect for the lovely OP, I hereby vow not to smackdown any newbie questions for at least 48 hours into the new year.
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    TL:DR as I'm at work
  • _JPunky
    Options
    While I appreciate and I'm sure many do what you say, unfortunately there is no getting away from the flamers. And due to hwo fast the forum moves I bet this will be buried deep somewhere ina f ew days. Set a reminder to yourself to bump it on Jan 1st!

I actually did plan on bumping this on the 1st or 2nd. Hopefully it'll help some people...
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    So, I wanted to show the current members what we’re here for…

Oh, yes, please, oh great MFP guru...

...enlighten me as to what "we're here for".

:huh:

We're all here for the same reason...

...and everyone is different and has to find what works for them.

Seems legit.
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I got a handful of very kind responses to my dorkhead "What the hell is up with the sugar thing?" question several months ago, and no snark whatsoever despite the fact that I deserved it. In payment and out of respect for the lovely OP, I hereby vow not to smackdown any newbie questions for at least 48 hours into the new year.

Sugar thing?
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options

Sugar thing?

You're baiting me, aren't you? MFP has endowed me with superwillpower! I will not be tempted!!!
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    memetldr.jpg
  • _JPunky
    Options
    So, I wanted to show the current members what we’re here for…

Oh, yes, please, oh great MFP guru...

...enlighten me as to what "we're here for".

:huh:

We're all here for the same reason...

...and everyone is different and has to find what works for them.

Seems legit.

Ummmm....sorry? :huh: I wasn't trying to be offensive or assume why YOU'RE here. :ohwell: