A Message For Newbies and MFP Pros Alike

Options

Replies

• BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Nice post OP, we were all newbies once! Especially me, MFP is actually the first site that I joined on the internet. I had (probably still have) a lot to learn.

I was one who started logging calories consumed (1200 a day) and added exercise in (cleaning, food prep etc etc) then went through a process of reading actual helpful info from people, and slowly started to try things a different way.

So, all you knowledgeable, helpful, straight-talking but non-insulting people, please keep sharing your knowledge. Some of us have listened!

Thank you everyone, keep up the good work :)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    A Message For Newbies and MFP Pros Alike

*mumbles something about how we used to tell newbies to not repost blogs but create a simple forum post*
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    So, I wanted to show the current members what we’re here for…

Oh, yes, please, oh great MFP guru...

...enlighten me as to what "we're here for".

:huh:

We're all here for the same reason...

...and everyone is different and has to find what works for them.

Seems legit.

If it doesn't apply to you, it's pretty easy to ignore the thread. I'm sure this thread will help a lot more people than it will hinder but go ahead and try to find something to whine about. Or go eat some cauliflower crust pizza. That's probably right up your alley.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options

Seems legit.

Well aren't you just full of sunshine? I thought the post was lovely, and very helpful, and in no way required such sarcasm or disdain.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Seems legit.

If it doesn't apply to you, it's pretty easy to ignore the thread. I'm sure this thread will help a lot more people than it will hinder but go ahead and try to find something to whine about. Or go eat some cauliflower crust pizza. That's probably right up your alley.

LOLwut?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Well aren't you just full of sunshine? I thought the post was lovely, and very helpful, and in no way required such sarcasm or disdain.

depends. i treat sarcasm and disdain (S&D) like salt, and find that sprinkling a lil S&D on everything helps it go down
  • _JPunky
    _JPunky Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I love my friends. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • miss_jessiejane
    Options

depends. i treat sarcasm and disdain (S&D) like salt, and find that sprinkling a lil S&D on everything helps it go down

I'm generally an advocate of sarcasm and disdain both. I just didn't like it in this particular instance.
  • LPJackson76
    LPJackson76 Posts: 67 Member
    Options

Do I even need to address this?

Yeah, I think like a 12-year-old-boy sometimes.
  • 1PatientBear
    Options

Seems legit.

LOLwut?

Sound out the big words.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Seems legit.

Actually, my post was something of a test...

...to see how OP (and others) would react to the slightest bit of sarcasm wrapped around a valid point...

...with no ill will, but not phrased in the *sunshine and rainbows* way that many would seem to demand.

So far, the results are...interesting.
  • miss_jessiejane
    Options

LOLwut?

Also, you spelled "what" wrong.

Jersey-I'll quit derailing your thread now!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

...to see how OP (and others) would react to the slightest bit of sarcasm wrapped around a valid point...

...with no ill will, but not phrased in the *sunshine and rainbows* way that many would seem to demand.

So far, I'd say one passed. Maybe two.
  • 1PatientBear
    Options

Seems legit.

Riiiiiight. I am about the least "sunshine and rainbows" guy on the planet and your "sarcasm" in your post in no way recognized the OP's valid point. Enjoy your backpedaling.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Seems legit.

LOLwut?

Sound out the big words.

You're an interesting one.

What part of my completely open diary of 2+ years would lead you to cauliflower crust pizza? And even if it was even remotely accurate, why would you use that as an insult? "LOLwut?" is an appropriate response to your comment.

And if my post didn't apply to you, why is it not easy for you to ignore it? Or will you be the first to model the hypocrisy that is so rampant in the forums here where people call others names in defense of the "right" way to interact with others?

From there, you double down with a question of my literacy?

Oh, MFP...

...don't ever change.

Don't. Ever. Change.
  • _JPunky
    _JPunky Posts: 508 Member
    Options

Seems legit.

I guess I failed. C'est la vie. :laugh:
  • Cauliflower crust pizza is in reference to "jumping on the bandwagon" that many people do on MFP. Search the forums for "Cauliflower" and see what they mean.
  • miss_jessiejane
    Options

I guess I failed. C'est la vie. :laugh:

I'm sure I failed too. That's ok though, let's go dance and throw glitter on people!!
  • Iwlwwte
    Iwlwwte Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Newbie here. First post. Greatly appreciated the time, trouble, humility, and humor it took to write it. Thanks!
  • 1PatientBear
    Options

Seems legit.

LOLwut?

Sound out the big words.

You're an interesting one.

What part of my completely open diary of 2+ years would lead you to cauliflower crust pizza? And even if it was even remotely accurate, why would you use that as an insult? "LOLwut?" is an appropriate response to your comment.

And if my post didn't apply to you, why is it not easy for you to ignore it? Or will you be the first to model the hypocrisy that is so rampant in the forums here where people call others names in defense of the "right" way to interact with others?

From there, you double down with a question of my literacy?

Oh, MFP...

...don't ever change.

Don't. Ever. Change.

(A) I don't care about your diary, much less take the time to look at it
    (B) I never once called you a name
    (C) Much like Doc Holliday, I embrace my hypocrisy
    (D) I AM interesting