Then I Red.

And it was good.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    I started reading and I was thinking, "Great. Here we go."

Then changed to, "Pretty well written, OP."

Then some joffing.

I love a good joffing.

maybe, but i'm pretty sure you'll need an analgesic cream a few hours later. :huh:
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member

Then some joffing.

I love a good joffing.

maybe, but i'm pretty sure you'll need an analgesic cream a few hours later. :huh:
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • _JPunky
    _JPunky Posts: 508 Member

Then some joffing.

I love a good joffing.

Does joffing hurt? :laugh:
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    love it...
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member

Then some joffing.

I love a good joffing.

Does joffing hurt? :laugh:

It depends on the mood of the jof.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member

Well aren't you just full of sunshine? I thought the post was lovely, and very helpful, and in no way required such sarcasm or disdain.

depends. i treat sarcasm and disdain (S&D) like salt, and find that sprinkling a lil S&D on everything helps it go down

Do I even need to address this?

Yeah, I think like a 12-year-old-boy sometimes.

you're confusing it with S&M, which *makes* it go down
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,123 Member
    Great post... I'm glad someone finally address the "TL;DR" thing because I've been here off and on for years and still didn't know what that meant LOL.

I don't get annoyed with newbies asking questions... I get annoyed with newbies thinking they have all the (wrong) answers. The first couple years I was on here I didn't really get much into having a friends list but glad this time around I did because one in particular introduced me to NROLFW which I LOVE LOVE LOVE and got me out of the hamster ball... and losing weight is finally enjoyable... and WORKING! :)

Definately agree with the "don't start something you can't keep up with for life" statement... which is what got me out of the hamster ball for good! :)
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Great post... I'm glad someone finally address the "TL;DR" thing because I've been here off and on for years and still didn't know what that meant LOL.

I don't get annoyed with newbies asking questions... I get annoyed with newbies thinking they have all the (wrong) answers. The first couple years I was on here I didn't really get much into having a friends list but glad this time around I did because one in particular introduced me to NROLFW which I LOVE LOVE LOVE and got me out of the hamster ball... and losing weight is finally enjoyable... and WORKING! :)

Definately agree with the "don't start something you can't keep up with for life" statement... which is what got me out of the hamster ball for good! :)

that's crazy talk.

everybody knows that weight loss is only possible by the use of witchcraft or magic.

and it's definitely NOT enjoyable. :angry:
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    So, I wanted to show the current members what we’re here for…

Oh, yes, please, oh great MFP guru...

...enlighten me as to what "we're here for".

:huh:

We're all here for the same reason...

...and everyone is different and has to find what works for them.

Seems legit.

Well aren't you just full of sunshine? I thought the post was lovely, and very helpful, and in no way required such sarcasm or disdain.

Actually, my post was something of a test...

...to see how OP (and others) would react to the slightest bit of sarcasm wrapped around a valid point...

...with no ill will, but not phrased in the *sunshine and rainbows* way that many would seem to demand.

So far, the results are...interesting.

Slightest? *Dripping*
    Also, wasn't OP talking about newbies? Which you are not.
    Taking you out back to swat you with a newspaper.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member

Then some joffing.

I love a good joffing.

He's going to need some after the drubbing I give him.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    There are NO stupid questions, only questions not asked.

OP- None of your questions looked stupid to me, you looked like you were concerned about different issues and decided to ask.

By asking questions we learn and move on and can do a more efficient job at working on our health.
  • Thank you! Loved it, hit home and while I've not lost my determination, it was still very inspiring. I'm in for sharing knowledge, asking for help and supporting those that need help from me.
  • jenn26point2
    jenn26point2 Posts: 429 Member
    I don't have a problem with new people asking questions. I have a problem with new people asking questions without first looking to see if their question has already been asked and answered. I have a bigger problem with new people asking questions and getting pissy when a seasoned "MFP pro" tells them something they don't want to hear. I have the biggest problem with new people asking questions, getting answers they don't like, and proceeding to dictate how things should work around here.

This is why I have stopped offering any kind of advice to anyone asking any kind of question. I pretty much stick to my newsfeed now, but still sometimes read something that catches my attention. "What I've learned posts" are always good for a read. :)
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    If you typed TLDR into google you would have gotten the answer in less than 10 seconds. This is the perfect example of the laziness at which I speak of.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    If you typed TLDR into google you would have gotten the answer in less than 10 seconds. This is the perfect example of the laziness at which I speak of.

10 seconds?
    About 32,900,000 results (0.16 seconds)

Search Results

Urban Dictionary: tl;dr
    www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tl%3Bdr‎
    Literally, "Too long; didn't read" Said whenever a nerd makes a post that is too long to bother reading.
    ‎2. - ‎Tl - ‎6. - ‎"too long; didn't read".
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Love this!!!! :happy: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    There are NO stupid questions, only questions not asked.

OP- None of your questions looked stupid to me, you looked like you were concerned about different issues and decided to ask.

By asking questions we learn and move on and can do a more efficient job at working on our health.

While I get the sentiment, and it's very nice, I can tell you that there most definitely ARE stupid questions:

How do I reduce the muscle in my thighs so they are 14"?
    Wanna' join me on this cleanse/starvation diet?
    HALP! I'm getting massive biceps from the elliptical!!!!
    How can I lose 40 lbs in 2 months???? Because I HAVE to, for a cruise, ya' know.

I could go on and on and on.....

I'm saying now, on December 20, that newbies don't bother me. We'll see where I stand on January 20. But for right now I plan on bumping a billion of my favorite success threads so that they magically appear. Sara's lifting one, Our long lost Lea's success thread, NZDeeva's, etc. Stories that have people reaching a variety of goals, and pushing ahead. Stories that go beyond just weight loss, and will hopefully get some newbs thinking. Because, you know that's where the newbies go first, straight into success stories.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    I have no idea where this thread derailed to... seriously a whole lot of TL: DR...

but the OP wasn't bad. We do embrace new people.

What most of us don't embrace are the people who refuse to fricking google or search anything on their own.

That's I think a bigger short coming.

But come one come on all- join the My Fitness Pal- land of the misfit toys. :D oh how we love it here.
    In mild defense of those who don't...

...the search function here is atrocious.

(Seriously, have you tried it? It's terrible.)

easy solution... go to google. type MFP or my fitness pal ____________________________ question

brings up a bunch of threads that are related.

Most search functions are ridiculous on forums- but that doesn't mean google is- I can usually type in the forum name and then the subject or topic I'm looking for and find it pretty quickly.

Yes..I did this a lot before i joined on here! All the success stories sucked me into MFP