Ok...you workout. So what about your diet??

Options
We get it...you go to the gym and put in a good 60 minutes of exercise 5 days a week. Exercise is such a small % of our day...eating is a much larger percentage. This is why I consider NUTRITION more important than exercise for most people.

Share some of your thoughts on this matter!

Replies

• Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    We get it...you go to the gym and put in a good 60 minutes of exercise 5 days a week. Exercise is such a small % of our day...eating is a much larger percentage. This is why I consider NUTRITION more important than exercise for most people.

Um...

1) That's what the Food & Nutrition forum is for.

2) I got nothing else. This post just puzzles me.
  • benny_haha
    Options
    1. Obviously...hence my post.
    2. Then why post back?
    3. What's with the numbers?

Here we go...if you don't like my post then it doesn't make much sense whatsoever to post or reply to it. Unless you have been offended? Maybe just bored and need to spout meaningless material.

Your reply...please

Um...

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    So my meals take an average of 8 minutes, because I eat fast. If I eat for half the time I exercise, does that mean exercise is twice as important?
  • emilyisbonkers
    emilyisbonkers Posts: 373 Member
    Options

well done captian obvious
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    2. Then why post back?

Here we go...if you don't like my post then it doesn't make much sense whatsoever to post or reply to it. Unless you have been offended? Maybe just bored and need to spout meaningless material.

Oh dear. Selling something AND surly. :frown:
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Options
    2. Then why post back?

Your reply...please

Um...

I'm never offended, but if you are, feel free to report my post. I just find it a little unusual to ask for people's thoughts on a subject that is already regularly shared and discussed on the Food and Nutrition board.
  • benny_haha
    Options
    8 minutes? Fast eater, and probably not eating fresh and nutritious foods if it only takes you 8 minutes to eat. Gosh, it takes me quiet a while to chew up my vegetables and meats. Not to mention the amount of time it takes to prepare all of these meals...properly.

So my meals take an average of 8 minutes, because I eat fast. If I eat for half the time I exercise, does that mean exercise is twice as important?
  • mrsmammahunter
    mrsmammahunter Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    my diet sucks. Getting better though less carbs more veggies! Less salt more water! blah. lol
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Huh? We are on a food tracking site, so why would you assume that people are not paying attention to their diet,

I am with the poster above...the OP confuses me (or the reason for making it does).
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    benny...it's nice that you want to be helpful but until you get some time and experience on this website's message board, it's fairly likely that these sorts of threads aren't going to be respected. Instead of starting your own threads offering advice and topics that are constantly repeated on here, why not read posts already out there and give specific advice. It's just like any other commnity...online or irl...spend some time getting to know people, establishing a reputation, (so we don't think you're just a troll or someone trying to drum up business) etc and then people will be more likely to take your posts seriously.

That's just the way it is.
  • benny_haha
    Options
    You clicked on the post for a reason...so I'm guessing it wasn't because it's such a common topic haha.
    2. Then why post back?

Your reply...please

Um...

I'm never offended, but if you are, feel free to report my post. I just find it a little unusual to ask for people's thoughts on a subject that is already regularly shared and discussed on the Food and Nutrition board.
  • missnelso04
    missnelso04 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I guess I'll just say I agree!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    american-dad-die-calories-funny-gif-Favim.com-235500_large.gif
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    So is this about spending money for a shake mix or our favorite never-resolving topic of clean eating?
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options

in general i think a lot of people here take care of their nutrition and know that it takes both working out and eating right to gain the best results, however there are a lot of people who dont. they just work out then go grab fast food or like a bunch of pizza or whatever. But I think this post belongs in the health and nutrition section.
  • benny_haha
    Options
    Hahaha gosh you gals are rough. Too much estrogen in this room. I'm established...just not on this website. I am here to offer help. Take it or leave it. I was referred here from one of my clients. Little did I know that its like this. No wonder more people are obese hahaha.
    benny...it's nice that you want to be helpful but until you get some time and experience on this website's message board, it's fairly likely that these sorts of threads aren't going to be respected. Instead of starting your own threads offering advice and topics that are constantly repeated on here, why not read posts already out there and give specific advice. It's just like any other commnity...online or irl...spend some time getting to know people, establishing a reputation, (so we don't think you're just a troll or someone trying to drum up business) etc and then people will be more likely to take your posts seriously.

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

well done captian obvious

This. No *kitten* Sherlock.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Options
    You clicked on the post for a reason...so I'm guessing it wasn't because it's such a common topic haha.
    2. Then why post back?

Your reply...please

Um...

Actually, I assumed it was going to be someone spouting broscience that I would have to squash, and instead I just ended up being confused by the whole thing.

Oh, and I click on a lot of threads. Don't assume yours was some kind of special. :flowerforyou:
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options

I agree with this post. nicely worded too.
  • Jane2285
    Jane2285 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Of course dieting is the most important part. You need to find something that works for you! I know people who are doing clean eating, low carbs, protein, etc. It just depends on your body, your activity level and what you can make work.

I've heard eating fish, chicken, and what not and loading up on veggies/fruit is the way to go. Well, the fruit thing I"m not so sure, considering I just read a news article about how fruit is actually not that good for you because of all the sugar...but whatever, lol. Just try to find something you can stick with.

I don't know if that helps or not, but there are tons of different ways to eat out there, like I've always been told, "Abs are made in the kitchen."