Ok...you workout. So what about your diet??

Options

Replies

• Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    In for the estrogen.

And "references to boobs."
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    OMG!!
    It's like...
    quoting above...
    Your inference was
    Actually the original poster is correct in putting his post here.
    The message board "General DIET and WEIGHT LOSS Help."
    Instead of going ballistic on him because he might have been snarky to the gym rats or because he is what you folks call a "troll," maybe someone can answer his question about how much should we pay attention to diet in order to lose weight?

Actually, what I got from reading through the thread wasn't that the OP was ASKING for help, more that he was offering his services to help school the rest of us since we don't understand nutrition, or this is what I inferred from most of his comments.
    indubitably accurate.
    and below....genius!
    a puzzle!
    UfsKJ.gif
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Options
    Man I've got some good hits on this one!

So this post has become a subject on how to post properly. It went from "Ok...you workout. So what about your diet??" to this. Hahaha this is great.

Like a bunch of kids on here right? Pick pick pick

Let us see how far you all can go and how long you can keep this going :glasses:

Why do I get the feeling you're doing naughty things while watching this thread take off?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

So this post has become a subject on how to post properly. It went from "Ok...you workout. So what about your diet??" to this. Hahaha this is great.

Let us see how far you all can go and how long you can keep this going :glasses:

Nice attempt at a save...but no burrito/banana/dinero whatever
  • benny_haha
    Options
    Holly, thank you so much for your words of wisdom. However, I like all responses! Both negative and postive. It's interesting to see this happen.

Also, Holly, I'm glad you came out with your reply to this topic. Wasn't that bad huh?

[/quote]

In my opinion you posted a very nice question; but I will tell you why you didn’t get any nice responses or ideas:
    1) No references to boobs, nudity or to any part of a male or female body.
    2) You didn’t clarify or ask if the exercise routine includes or should include squats, dead lifts or LIFT HEAVY.
    3) You didn’t argue or ask about eating back exercise calories, eating more or less than 1200 calories, TDEE, BMI, VO, etc.
    4) Your question about diet didn’t bash any Paleo, vegan, vegetarian, low carb, no sugar, clean eating or junk food.
    5) Above all, your posting didn’t include one of those funny looking cartoons
    6) Bottom line is that unless you start a controversial threat about any of the above subjects, you will not get too many nice responses.
    So, and to answer your question, yes, my nutrition/calories/macros are very important and crucial for my health and to keep my weight under control. I exercise to keep my fitness and because I love to exercise, not because I want to eat more. So let the good times, discussion and controversy roll….
    [/quote]

He didn't ask a question, he made a statement which is so blindingly obvious to most people on a food-logging website, it invites ridicule.
    [/quote]

That and the arrogance that he knows the answers, so come ask him.
    [/quote]
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    We get it...you go to the gym and put in a good 60 minutes of exercise 5 days a week. Exercise is such a small % of our day...eating is a much larger percentage. This is why I consider NUTRITION more important than exercise for most people.

Share some of your thoughts on this matter!

Very well put and I totally agree! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!You kept it short and to the point!
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options

Ah the "I was just trolling" defense. Best of luck with that.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    At least he
    stopped trying to

Nice attempt at a save...but no burrito/banana/dinero whatever
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    1. Obviously...hence my post.
    2. Then why post back?
    3. What's with the numbers?

Here we go...if you don't like my post then it doesn't make much sense whatsoever to post or reply to it. Unless you have been offended? Maybe just bored and need to spout meaningless material.

Your reply...please
    We get it...you go to the gym and put in a good 60 minutes of exercise 5 days a week. Exercise is such a small % of our day...eating is a much larger percentage. This is why I consider NUTRITION more important than exercise for most people.

Um...

1) That's what the Food & Nutrition forum is for.

2) I got nothing else. This post just puzzles me.

OP only has 14 posts. Don't listen to that jerk.

tumblr_m74n6ncXQ61rn95k2o1_500.gif
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    I don't like it when people say "gym rat"

I am a cute cuddly gym bunny

Filled with estrogen. Arghhhhhh!! Get out of my squat rack, pweetey pleeease..:blushing:
  • benny_haha
    Options
    Your a smart lady

Why do I get the feeling you're doing naughty things while watching this thread take off?
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Options

In my opinion you posted a very nice question; but I will tell you why you didn’t get any nice responses or ideas:
    2) You didn’t clarify or ask if the exercise routine includes or should include squats, dead lifts or LIFT HEAVY.
    3) You didn’t argue or ask about eating back exercise calories, eating more or less than 1200 calories, TDEE, BMI, VO, etc.
    4) Your question about diet didn’t bash any Paleo, vegan, vegetarian, low carb, no sugar, clean eating or junk food.
    6) Bottom line is that unless you start a controversial threat about any of the above subjects, you will not get too many nice responses.
    So, and to answer your question, yes, my nutrition/calories/macros are very important and crucial for my health and to keep my weight under control. I exercise to keep my fitness and because I love to exercise, not because I want to eat more. So let the good times, discussion and controversy roll….

He didn't ask a question, he made a statement which is so blindingly obvious to most people on a food-logging website, it invites ridicule.

For those waiting for me to reply correctly to a post...here you go.

Holly, thank you so much for your words of wisdom. However, I like all responses! Both negative and postive. It's interesting to see this happen.

Also, Holly, I'm glad you came out with your reply to this topic. Wasn't that bad huh?

The non-quote. The biggest puzzle of all.

It has definitely kept me entertained during my lunch hour, if nothing else. But only because the cool people came on here and made it so. Shrug.

Edited to fix all your non-quote catastrophes.
  • benny_haha
    Options
    NICE! Hahahaha
    I don't like it when people say "gym rat"

I am a cute cuddly gym bunny[/quote]

Filled with estrogen. Arghhhhhh!! Get out of my squat rack, pweetey pleeease..:blushing: [/quote]
    [/quote]
  • benny_haha
    Options
    [quote

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It has definitely kept me entertained during my lunch hour, if nothing else. But only because the cool people came on here and made it so. Shrug.
    [/quote]

The non-quote has a purpose...to fuel the fire of the people that want me to post correctly. Puzzles are fun!!
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    quoting above...
    Your inference was
    Actually the original poster is correct in putting his post here.
    The message board "General DIET and WEIGHT LOSS Help."
    Instead of going ballistic on him because he might have been snarky to the gym rats or because he is what you folks call a "troll," maybe someone can answer his question about how much should we pay attention to diet in order to lose weight?

Actually, what I got from reading through the thread wasn't that the OP was ASKING for help, more that he was offering his services to help school the rest of us since we don't understand nutrition, or this is what I inferred from most of his comments.
    indubitably accurate.
    and below....genius!
    What I've gotten from the thread so far is that apparently I can't just exercise and not watch my food intake (who'd have thunk it?!). Confusing OP is even more confusing with his odd quote choices. However, he is very pretty, so there's that.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    FuP8Hzh.gif
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    I do not agree. That is all.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Yes this is most awesome quote method possible.

You can put words anywhere you want to. Nobody gonna cramp yo style!
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options

How's the research into what bears do in the woods getting on? I also understand there is some groundbreaking stuff on what religion the pope adheres to about to be published.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Hahaha gosh you gals are rough. Too much estrogen in this room. I'm established...just not on this website. I am here to offer help. Take it or leave it. I was referred here from one of my clients. Little did I know that its like this. No wonder more people are obese hahaha.

Wow.