Ok...you workout. So what about your diet??

Options

Replies

• benny_haha
    Options
    I think it was a safe assumption. :bigsmile:
    You clicked on the post for a reason...so I'm guessing it wasn't because it's such a common topic haha.
    1. Obviously...hence my post.
    2. Then why post back?
    3. What's with the numbers?

Here we go...if you don't like my post then it doesn't make much sense whatsoever to post or reply to it. Unless you have been offended? Maybe just bored and need to spout meaningless material.

Your reply...please
    We get it...you go to the gym and put in a good 60 minutes of exercise 5 days a week. Exercise is such a small % of our day...eating is a much larger percentage. This is why I consider NUTRITION more important than exercise for most people.

Share some of your thoughts on this matter!

Um...

1) That's what the Food & Nutrition forum is for.

2) I got nothing else. This post just puzzles me.

I'm never offended, but if you are, feel free to report my post. I just find it a little unusual to ask for people's thoughts on a subject that is already regularly shared and discussed on the Food and Nutrition board.

Actually, I assumed it was going to be someone spouting broscience that I would have to squash, and instead I just ended up being confused by the whole thing.

Oh, and I click on a lot of threads. Don't assume yours was some kind of special. :flowerforyou:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Hahaha gosh you gals are rough. Too much estrogen in this room. I'm established...just not on this website. I am here to offer help. Take it or leave it. I was referred here from one of my clients. Little did I know that its like this. No wonder more people are obese hahaha.
    benny...it's nice that you want to be helpful but until you get some time and experience on this website's message board, it's fairly likely that these sorts of threads aren't going to be respected. Instead of starting your own threads offering advice and topics that are constantly repeated on here, why not read posts already out there and give specific advice. It's just like any other commnity...online or irl...spend some time getting to know people, establishing a reputation, (so we don't think you're just a troll or someone trying to drum up business) etc and then people will be more likely to take your posts seriously.

That's just the way it is.

What?? And learn to comment below the quotes.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    When I respond in quotes, it's easier to read.
  • subsonicbassist
    subsonicbassist Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    my diet sucks. Getting better though less carbs more veggies! Less salt more water! blah. lol
    Less carbs+more veggies=veggies are carbs... good Lord, do you even you track?!?!?!
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Also when I respond at the top of the quote
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I can't believe you're respected ANYWHERE.
    Gosh, you're a peach.

Learn how to quote properly.
    Top quotes are annoying to begin with plus you're putting your reply in the quote box.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    I quite like it. It's like mixing up your training to confuse your muscles for more gainz.
  • ZoeLifts
    Options
    Quote confusion=muscle confusion=more gainz. Excellent!
    I quite like it. It's like mixing up your training to confuse your muscles for more gainz.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    I find that when someone responds in the quotes and at the top to boot it is a particularly easy way to understand the conversation
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    We get it...you go to the gym and put in a good 60 minutes of exercise 5 days a week. Exercise is such a small % of our day...eating is a much larger percentage. This is why I consider NUTRITION more important than exercise for most people.

My thoughts are -

1. The people I know well on MFP are very well grounded in nutrition, and
    2. It's rude to come onto a site and instantly imply that people don't know anything about the core purpose of said site. Regardless of what background you have. Do you honestly believe that people here have been sitting around with their thumbs up their backsides waiting for you to educate them? Arrogant.

You're very welcome to MFP, and I hope you'll be a valuable contributing member. But this post is just going to rub people up the wrong way.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    1. Obviously...hence my post.
    2. Then why post back?
    3. What's with the numbers?

Here we go...if you don't like my post then it doesn't make much sense whatsoever to post or reply to it. Unless you have been offended? Maybe just bored and need to spout meaningless material.

Your reply...please

Um...

1) That's what the Food & Nutrition forum is for.

2) I got nothing else. This post just puzzles me.

OP only has 14 posts. Don't listen to that jerk.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Hahaha gosh you gals are rough. Too much estrogen in this room. I'm established...just not on this website. I am here to offer help. Take it or leave it. I was referred here from one of my clients. Little did I know that its like this. No wonder more people are obese hahaha.
    benny...it's nice that you want to be helpful but until you get some time and experience on this website's message board, it's fairly likely that these sorts of threads aren't going to be respected. Instead of starting your own threads offering advice and topics that are constantly repeated on here, why not read posts already out there and give specific advice. It's just like any other commnity...online or irl...spend some time getting to know people, establishing a reputation, (so we don't think you're just a troll or someone trying to drum up business) etc and then people will be more likely to take your posts seriously.

I was actually trying to be nice and spare you from further sarcastic backlash but you can take it however you want.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    OP you're confusing enough as it is....

Please quote and reply properly to other people's comments, otherwise it looks like you're talking to yourself.
  • ZoeLifts
    Options
    It's like reading a book from end to beginning, you know?
    I find that when someone responds in the quotes and at the top to boot it is a particularly easy way to understand the conversation
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

My thoughts are -

1. The people I know well on MFP are very well grounded in nutrition, and
    2. It's rude to come onto a site and instantly imply that people don't know anything about the core purpose of said site. Regardless of what background you have. Do you honestly believe that people here have been sitting around with their thumbs up their backsides waiting for you to educate them? Arrogant.

You're very welcome to MFP, and I hope you'll be a valuable contributing member. But this post is just going to rub people up the wrong way.

Can you please not ruin the estrogen balance here. :tongue:
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I put equal amounts of importance on my eating and exercise which are both big parts of a healthy lifestyle.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options

Oh great. Misogyny too. That kind of talk will get your butt kicked from one end of the site to the other. And there'll be no need for White Knights, either - the ladies of MFP are more than capable of looking after themselves.

Really, really looking forward to this.
  • tfleischer
    tfleischer Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Actually the original poster is correct in putting his post here.
    The message board "General DIET and WEIGHT LOSS Help."
    Instead of going ballistic on him because he might have been snarky to the gym rats or because he is what you folks call a "troll," maybe someone can answer his question about how much should we pay attention to diet in order to lose weight?

Here's a pretty quick look at it from people who know a lot more about it than I do:
    http://www.unm.edu/~lkravitz/Article folder/exandwtloss.html

From that, I think one can see that BOTH are important, but cutting calories will have a larger impact on wight lossthan 30 minutes of exercise per day.

Original Poster, you could have asked the question in a less snarky way, and Secondary (and Tertiary) Posters could have responded in less snarky ways, as well.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

So much butthurt. If you think this thread is rough save yourself some pain and deactivate now.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

you must be lots of fun at parties.