Did anyone weigh themselves the day after christmas day?

Options
Did anyone weigh themselves today after Christmas ? or are you waiting until January?
Was I the only weird on to do this ? lol
How much did you gain if you did?

I just wanted to weigh myself right after Christmas so I know how much I've gained so I don't wait til January an it was my way of avoiding counting the calories . I'm still enjoying the Christmas food , only gained 1.5 lbs or 2lbs including xmas eve.

Replies

• eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Yes. Mega weird
  • seb3k
    seb3k Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday all year long :)
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    2 lbs from Xmas dinner but it will be gone tomorrow.
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    No, I weigh in on Satuday :)
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options
    Yes, data is a good thing.
  • JuliRamone
    JuliRamone Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Yepp *here*
    Gained 0.6lbs compared with my weigh in from last saturday - I was really happy :)
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, it feeds my nerd side so I can track and graph it in Excel. What surprised me this morning is I was down a lb this morning.
  • SlinkyAndHerAmazingBunsOfSteel
    Options
    No. But only because my scales broke a week or so ago! I've ordered new ones which are due to arrive on 30th Dec...just in time for the New year! :)
  • Jkn921
    Jkn921 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Gained 1.6lbs this morning but am sure it's from other factors including the dinner last night.

Isn't weighing yourself after a 'cheat-day' (Xmas day) unreliable anyway?
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Not my normal weigh in day, so no.
  • amcsouth
    amcsouth Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday and I only gained 1.1lbs this morning. I expect most of it to be gone over the next day or two though. :smile:
  • W0rthless_Her0
    Options
    Yes. Mega weird

Agree. This is Totally Weird

Unlike thes pics, which are not weird at all.

2uhbul2.jpg

total_recall_remake_0.jpg

kuato-in-total-recall.jpg

But weighing yourself after Christmas. Thats just plain wacky.
  • xSirensSong
    xSirensSong Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Ahem.. *raises hand reluctantly* .... I did? :ohwell:

Although I didn't eat poorly over Christmas Eve/Christmas day, I gained 3 pounds. After reviewing some things, I suspect it was the sodium that got me. >_<

Hopefully it'll be gone by tomorrow! Drinking lots & lots of water and gettin' back on my gym grind today after a day off.
  • eversosquidly
    eversosquidly Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm with the camp of people that weighs every day. I can see what is and isn't working that way. I also know my set-point by tracking. This morning I stepped on and was DOWN from my set-point. I'm looking forward to getting back on track, but Christmas didn't ruin my tracking/healthy eating lifestyle, so I feel no shame.
  • Spambo16
    Spambo16 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Yup - I did, and it was not pretty. Up two lbs. from yesterday, and that's about 5 lbs. total over the holiday week. However, like many have said, it's a temporary rise from not drinking my water, not exercising, etc. It may not be gone by New Year's because my sister baked 8 kinds of phenomenal cookies and bars, but by the week after, I'll be right back on track.
  • MrsLannister
    MrsLannister Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day. I am the same as yesterday.
  • bubaluboo
    bubaluboo Posts: 2,098 Member
    Options
    3lbs up for me since Sunday :noway: ...MUST be water weight
  • SkinnyMel78
    SkinnyMel78 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    yup, only a 2lb gain. Not bad since I know I ate lots of sodium filled foods the past two days!
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Weigh every day. Down 1/2 lb from yesterday, but I subscribe to the law of averages and ate under my calories on other days to make up for the days I knew I was going to overeat.
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options

I do, too. This morning showed normal fluctuation of my goal weight plus half a pound. (Scale goes up-down-up-down-up-down.) No worries. Was under my calorie goal yesterday and had a regular workout.