Did anyone weigh themselves the day after christmas day?

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday all year long :)
    THIS. And log down whatever it says.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Kenazwa
    Kenazwa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    OMG .... no. Right now, I'm thinking of never weighing myself again. If I'm losing weight, I'll need new clothes. I don't need a specific number staring me in the face, mocking me or patting me on the back and thus giving permission for a little indulgence, since I've been doing so well. (Like the type who would celebrate sobriety by getting drunk.)
  • tfleischer
    tfleischer Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I did. Yuck.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Yep. Weighed yesterday, and weighed today. .5LBS higher today. All sitting in my stomach. :smile:
    And I'll weigh again tmw and expect it to be back to "normal".
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I did, despite going to bed feeling really full I woke up feeling pretty light. Like I was actually lighter and holding onto less water/food. So I though what the heck and did it anyway out of curiosity.

+0.2lbs.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I don't need a scale to tell me I ate too much or that if I continue to eat that much I'll have a permanent weight gain. I ate, I enjoyed.....today it's back to business as usual!
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Gained 4.85 lbs and...

nC08S4d.gif
  • tracy4519
    tracy4519 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes, I did. I usually weigh once a week, but I was anxious to see how much damage has been done. I'm up 2 lbs from Monday.
  • christianteach
    christianteach Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Yes. I took a diet break for a week and gained 5 lbs. and it's also my TOM. I'm not concerned and am back on track today.
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Yep- I did! I was actually down 1.4lbs yesterday and managed to stay exactly the same today!
  • vjm7981
    vjm7981 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Teehee...I did. I am up 5 lbs from last Thursday. I'm not mad though. As much as it sucks to see the higher number, I have to admit, I enjoyed it and I know deep down that I didn't actually gain all that. I logged everything and was over my sodium by well over 1000 for the past three days. Sodium and I are not kosher so I know that a majority of that 5 lbs is from that. I have also taken the entire month of December off from the gym and up to this past week hadn't gained anything (had actually gone down a pound). . Oh well... just have to get back on track
  • popsicklestar
    popsicklestar Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Yep. 3-4 pound gain after Christmas Eve and Christmas. I always weigh in and face the music; I find it motivating.
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    A good attitude (no make that GREAT attitude) to have is not to fret about gaining a bit if you enjoyed the day with friends and family and ate or exercised differently than usual. The past is in the past and you can simply make a commitment to get back on track with whatever plan you're on beginning today.
  • JustMeee333
    Options
    Remember 3500 cals is roughly equal to 1 lb. So unless you ate 10,500 cals OVER maintenance in the last couple days, those "3 extra lbs" you gained are prolly just sodium and general fluctuation...
    Remembered this when I weighed this morning!
    I gained 4lb in 2 days. I'd lost 2lb on Tuesday.. so I suppose you could say I gained 6lb. :blushing: lol
    But, it's totally brushed off, I know it'll come off sooner or later and I'd rather put on and enjoy my Christmas than lose/stay the same and be regretting all the things I didn't do/eat all year!
  • afat12
    afat12 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I've started to weigh myself everyday just to see what the fluctuations are. One of my friends on here weighs herself everyday; she says it keeps her accountable and helps her not to overeat because she has to step on that scale every morning.
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Yep - up 2lbs, but expect this was due to more fibre and water retention.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I did. It wasn't pretty. Tomorrow is my "official" day though - so whatever it is tomorrow gets tracked.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,550 Member
    Options
    Yes and it's really bad. I'm done indulging and ready to get back to work.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Did anyone weigh themselves today after Christmas ? or are you waiting until January?
    Was I the only weird on to do this ? lol
    How much did you gain if you did?

I just wanted to weigh myself right after Christmas so I know how much I've gained so I don't wait til January an it was my way of avoiding counting the calories . I'm still enjoying the Christmas food , only gained 1.5 lbs or 2lbs including xmas eve.

No, not today, but not because it was the day after Christmas. Most people probably did not gain any "fat weight" but probably gained plenty of "water weight" and the scale tipped due to having all that extra food in us. It will go away.

In order to actually gain one pound, you need to eat 3,500 over your TDEE, or 1,750 over to gain a half of pound. That's an awful lot of food, though I guess it can be done if your spread on the table was similar to ours......

Happy new year all! ,
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    yep. I'm down 5 lbs from Monday. I wouldn't recommend how I lost it, though. Nasty stomach virus.

I had this yesterday. I'm down 3.2 this week.

Yep, it has been going around. I hope you are feeling better. I've got the cold that's been going around. Ick!