Did anyone weigh themselves the day after christmas day?

Options

Replies

• dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I was up either 1.5-2 pounds, but some of it is from Christmas Lunch, sodium, and TOM.
  • eandrus
    eandrus Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Im debating. I know i gained I can feel it!!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

29mvwjd.jpg

cant get this image to work!! Booooooo

You have to block and copy into your browser, but here it is. http://i43.tinypic.com/29mvwjd.jpg
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    Nope. Didn't even cross my mind--I see no benefit in getting an inflated weigh in.
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I did, I shouldn't have had tho :grumble: but I guess it's because I had salty food and the belly is full, one go to the potty will change that again, I think, I hope :ohwell:
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I weighed yesterday morning and this morning, and I'm up about a pound over 2 days- and I'm happy. Could have been so much worse- a pound is NOTHING. LOL Gone in a flash.
  • randrews0407
    randrews0407 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Yup, I weighed myself this morning just to SHOCK myself into the post-holiday workout grind :noway:
  • journey_man
    journey_man Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Down 1 lb since yesterday morning, despite a massive dinner that weighed much more than that (granted I did uh, expel quite a bit of it this morning. Sorry TMI). I also did as much cardio as I could yesterday (which is about 1/2 hour tops right now...).

Also, I am pretty sure that the consequences of one big dinner don't show up overnight but get spread over the next several days depending on how one eats during that time. E.g, right now, I suspect any breakfast would just get stored as fat as my body is flush with nutrients right now. But I'd love to hear from someone who actually knows how this works.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Who cares? Weird thread is weird.
  • ttknowles01
    ttknowles01 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday all year long :)

I do, too. This morning showed normal fluctuation of my goal weight plus half a pound. (Scale goes up-down-up-down-up-down.) No worries. Was under my calorie goal yesterday and had a regular workout.

^^^ This...I weigh myself everyday. I treated yesterday like any other day. I worked out and counted calories :-). My weight was within it's normal fluctuation throughout the week (up 0.4 lbs)
  • thatjosiegirl
    thatjosiegirl Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    *raises hand* I did!

Although I didn't gain or lose anything, but I didn't really over do it with food either on Christmas. Glad the gym opens back up today so I can get back to my regularly scheduled workouts.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Im debating. I know i gained I can feel it!!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

29mvwjd.jpg

cant get this image to work!! Booooooo

IMG code should be img
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh every day, but I didn't sleep well last night (too much drinking) and didn't have time this morning otherwise I would have.
  • wheezeybouncer
    wheezeybouncer Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I did. Over Mon-Weds I gained 4.5lbs. I didn't quite acheive my aim but I also know it'll come off fairly fast once the gym is open again and I can spend an hour there each day
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday all year long :)

Same here!
  • cubsgirlinny
    cubsgirlinny Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Yep. Down .6 lbs I credit the repeated lifting of a growing nephew, the abs workout from laughter, and the water-weight from all the crying. Glad that blessed day is over!
  • RoughDiamondUK
    RoughDiamondUK Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Lost 0.8 lb. Although this week is weird anyway, with going up and down every day... I don't really care, I'm doing the best I can while enjoying myself and will start over properly come January 1st. Christmas is just once a year!
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh myself every day but I'm on vacation. But my dad and I weighed ourselves the night before Christmas eve and then again on Christmas night. It says I'm up 9 lbs but I know it was was impossible for me to eat 31,500 extra calories in 2 days. I woke up this morning and already "lost" 4 of those pounds.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I haven't skipped a day of weighing except when traveling. So yep, I weighed Christmas Eve, Day, and this morning (26th). I am up 0.6 lb and totally ok with it, in fact I'm kind of amazed after all I ate. hehe
  • M00NPYE
    M00NPYE Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Yes... only because Thursdays are my weigh days... up 3 lbs... cheers! :drinker:
  • MissDireWolf
    MissDireWolf Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Waiting a few days to resume a normal, balanced diet and work out schedule again. This way when all said and done and my body resumes what it had been doing prior to Christmas that will show where I am at. I did not feel guilty at all eating various things in moderation. As most of you are on MFP, you're in a much better place mentally than you were before stepping up.

One day is not going to make a difference even if the scale shows a higher number. As long is the trend is downwards that's all that matters!