so...this is awkward

Options
14567810»

Replies

• hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I once went to Staples to get school supplies for my kids. I took a shower, did my make-up and hair, and looked...well..acceptable. Once I got there, however, I was getting oggled left and right by men of all ages and women. It was like I was the hottest thing on the planet. Instantly my confidence was at 1000% and I walked a bit taller, smiled more...possibly rays of sunshine were beaming off my body. I was feelin' good! I got home and shared my Staples adventure with my daughter who looked at me with a mix of contempt and sadness and announced "Mom you have a sock static-clung across the back of your sweater".

Kill-me-now.

8JdbMAq.gif
  • tm82001
    tm82001 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I once went to Staples to get school supplies for my kids. I took a shower, did my make-up and hair, and looked...well..acceptable. Once I got there, however, I was getting oggled left and right by men of all ages and women. It was like I was the hottest thing on the planet. Instantly my confidence was at 1000% and I walked a bit taller, smiled more...possibly rays of sunshine were beaming off my body. I was feelin' good! I got home and shared my Staples adventure with my daughter who looked at me with a mix of contempt and sadness and announced "Mom you have a sock static-clung across the back of your sweater".

Kill-me-now.

8JdbMAq.gif

Perfection!! Ha ha!!
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Lost 30# or so and have joined the world of the living.

Men have suddenly discovered the amazingly sensual creature I am & I have my own theme music.
    It plays in my head where ever I go (don't judge me) :huh:

Boys steal glances at me & older (ahem) men of a certain age just outright stare. Apparently, I'm quite the head turner :smokin: No surprise to me of course as I was always a head turning raven haired beauty, it's just that my secret is out now & it's 'red carpet' all the way baby.

Being married kinda puts a damper on the fun this can be, soooo...there's that.

Ladies...what do you do when you get elevator eyes, stares & strangely intent looks?..do you smile back?....glare?....find something incredibly interesting to fuss with?...what?...

Excellent! :happy:
    What's your secret? I'd kill to get looked at like that! :smile:
  • moya_rargh
    Options

Kill-me-now.

:laugh: And nobody said anything?
  • tm82001
    tm82001 Posts: 133 Member
    Options

Kill-me-now.

:laugh: And nobody said anything?

No one said a thing....but my teenager was quick to break my heart with her honesty. Teenagers are cool like that.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options

Men have suddenly discovered the amazingly sensual creature I am & I have my own theme music.

Boys steal glances at me & older (ahem) men of a certain age just outright stare. Apparently, I'm quite the head turner :smokin: No surprise to me of course as I was always a head turning raven haired beauty, it's just that my secret is out now & it's 'red carpet' all the way baby.

Ladies...what do you do when you get elevator eyes, stares & strangely intent looks?..do you smile back?....glare?....find something incredibly interesting to fuss with?...what?...

It's alll in the theme music baby :wink:
    http://www.amazon.com/Brown-Skin/dp/B000W1MCCQ
  • moya_rargh
    Options

It's alll in the theme music baby :wink:
    http://www.amazon.com/Brown-Skin/dp/B000W1MCCQ

Foan-kay!!!!!
  • loriemn
    loriemn Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    So this is my very first post on MFP,,but you guys are FUNNY!!!! we need "like" buttons..the way I see it is,I worked freaking hard to get to the point of getting those looks,,I will take them and own them! with a smile! I havent been on MFP long,and lost about 45 lbs before finding this,I am married,happily! and the way I figure is most of those looks I get are about the same as they would look at a Shelby Mustang or a new Challenger..really I look at those cars the same way,even tho I love my Trailblazer..lol its still fun to look. Seriously,I think 90% of getting attention is YOUR attitide,I see lots of fullfigured women getting the same attention because of their confidence in themseleves.