so...this is awkward

Options

Replies

• dizzow
    dizzow Posts: 65
    Options
    I can't imagine having men oogle me. I guess I've never been oogling material, even when thinner. Somehow I did manage to land a husband and I was told I had a sexy phone voice- once. Apparently sexy stopped there. Now that I'm just past 50 I would imagine it's too late for oogilation.

No no no no no! Its NEVAH too late :) Albeit not QUITE as often, still does happen. And not from 80 year olds, either. !! :wink: :bigsmile:
    Agree 100%. I'm not that far from 50, and I get some elevator eyes and hard stares from guys my kid's age (and from the older ones too). Maybe they watch too much "Desperate Housewives" or something. :ohwell:

I agree as well! I'm 45 and when snapperheads as young as 17 steal glances at me, I wonder what the HELL are they thinking??? It just dumbfounds me & cracks me up all at the same time. Only once in a very long while will I get a creeper, most of them are sufficiently flattering enough to make me want to look in a mirror to see if there's something amiss.

I get this, too sometimes. I always want to stop and give the poor dears a lesson in cougar hunting. Lesson #1: Find a cougar who has money, college is expensive. Which most definitely disqualifies me!
    Well thank you all.. I still cant imagine it, but we'll see, I guess. It's not like I'm ugly really.. I guess just plain or something.
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine having men oogle me. I guess I've never been oogling material, even when thinner. Somehow I did manage to land a husband and I was told I had a sexy phone voice- once. Apparently sexy stopped there. Now that I'm just past 50 I would imagine it's too late for oogilation.

No no no no no! Its NEVAH too late :) Albeit not QUITE as often, still does happen. And not from 80 year olds, either. !! :wink: :bigsmile:
    Agree 100%. I'm not that far from 50, and I get some elevator eyes and hard stares from guys my kid's age (and from the older ones too). Maybe they watch too much "Desperate Housewives" or something. :ohwell:

I agree as well! I'm 45 and when snapperheads as young as 17 steal glances at me, I wonder what the HELL are they thinking??? It just dumbfounds me & cracks me up all at the same time. Only once in a very long while will I get a creeper, most of them are sufficiently flattering enough to make me want to look in a mirror to see if there's something amiss.

I get this, too sometimes. I always want to stop and give the poor dears a lesson in cougar hunting. Lesson #1: Find a cougar who has money, college is expensive. Which most definitely disqualifies me!
    Well thank you all.. I still cant imagine it, but we'll see, I guess. It's not like I'm ugly really.. I guess just plain or something.

I'm as ordinary looking as ordinary gets. Carry yourself like you own the world, and people think you do.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Ordinary here too!...it really is about how you carry yourself...now how about that theme music?
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options

Definitely not too late. It must be the theme music :blushing:
  • hookilau
    Options
    practice your 'knowing' smile :blushing:
    put your theme music on heavy rotation
    and personally...I've given birth, raised teenagers & stood toe to toe with my mother...I fear nothing.
    :drinker:
  • Jestinia
    Options
    Ordinary here too!...it really is about how you carry yourself...now how about that theme music?

Stupid heels! My theme song last night would have been Don't Fall Down. Really messed up my stride.
  • Jestinia
    Options
    and personally...I've given birth, raised teenagers & stood toe to toe with my mother...I fear nothing.

I fear everyone, which is what people find out when they try to talk to me and I run away. But I got the fearless walk part down pat!
  • hookilau
    Options

Stupid heels! My theme song last night would have been Don't Fall Down. Really messed up my stride.

ahhh....one must choose theme music to match one's outfit more carefully...something slow and rolling with 4/4 time...may I suggest 'Enter the Sandman' Metallica?....'Money' by Pink Floyd maybe?:wink:
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

You're very pretty so I wouldn't be surprised!
  • hookilau
    Options

I fear everyone, which is what people find out when they try to talk to me and I run away. But I got the fearless walk part down pat!

O wait...I run away too. I've got the approach down but never implemented anything after that, sooooo....awkward usually ensues. I find this amusing though & somehow it makes it worth the effort. My life is pretty boring & I do my best to amuse myself :laugh:
  • hookilau
    Options

You're very pretty so I wouldn't be surprised!

how YOU doin?
    MI.jpg
  • Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    It depends on who's looking. If I think they are attractive I will make eye contact, grin, and keep walking. If they are strange and creepy, I stare at the ground and try not to look at them.

So the formula is... Unattractive people = strange and creepy. Attractive people = hot. Even if they are doing the same things.

Yep...seems that's how the women, in general, see it.

I'm surprised a bit at how flirtatious and teasing most on here seem to be (from the thread replies), especially the married women.
    I don't think most women realize how practically any response at all that's anything other than outright negative is an encouragement to most guys for them to continue the pursuit.

Okay, for the sake of discussion:
    Should a married man be "checking out" any woman other than his wife?
    How does a married man feel if another man "checks out" his wife?
    I know men are created to be visual in nature, but I consider my husband a true gentleman when he controls his natural tendencies and only has eyes for me.
    I think other men should be honorable enough to control themselves as well, married or not.
    Call me old fashioned...

Um, your husband does look at other women. He's not dead. He's just very discreet.
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I'm often unsure if they really are checking me out or not (lingering self esteem/body image issues? )

Yep, this is me. I'm never sure if men are actually checking me out or not. I honestly don't even know how to tell when a man is checking me out, unless he's ridiculously obvious about it...and even then I doubt it.
    Most of us aren't good at the "subtlety" thing. If you have any inkling at all a guy might be checking you out, most likely he is.
  • BeautyDoll
    BeautyDoll Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    A YOUNG man kept staring at me at the gym yesterday. I wanted to tell him so badly that my 23 year old daughter was probably even too old for him! Oh the joys of being 45! Lol!
  • Jestinia
    Options

ahhh....one must choose theme music to match one's outfit more carefully...something slow and rolling with 4/4 time...may I suggest 'Enter the Sandman' Metallica?....'Money' by Pink Floyd maybe?:wink:

Muahaha. I better not go with Money, it would be false advertising! I'm going to have to think on this. Enter Sandman got overplayed when it released, can't stand it now. Always liked their older stuff better anyway.
  • hookilau
    Options
    Seriously--confidence is key. Theme music--Brass in Pocket by the Pretenders?

omg. perfect on sooo many levels!!!
    It was one of my theme songs as a young teen & even now it's hard to out-do that one.
    :smokin:
  • hookilau
    Options

Muahaha. I better not go with Money, it would be false advertising! I'm going to have to think on this. Enter Sandman got overplayed when it released, can't stand it now. Always liked their older stuff better anyway.

lol! to be fair, it's not so much about the music itself as it is how it makes you feel.
    I like Linda Ronstadt's 'you're no good' as I treat no one in particular to a good finger wagging.
    Maybe I should've been a lounge singer...
  • Jestinia
    Options

lol! to be fair, it's not so much about the music itself as it is how it makes you feel.
    I like Linda Ronstadt's 'you're no good' as I treat no one in particular to a good finger wagging.
    Maybe I should've been a lounge singer...

I like that one, it's saucy. My dream job would be lounge singer. Pity people flee my caterwauling.

Edit: Heck with it, I'll go with 'Radioactive' by Imagine Dragons. If the younguns are going to flirt with me, might as well go with some newer music. I'll just tell them to go home to Mom and stop talking to strangers. Besides, it's one of the few overplayed songs I'm not tired of yet.
  • tm82001
    tm82001 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I once went to Staples to get school supplies for my kids. I took a shower, did my make-up and hair, and looked...well..acceptable. Once I got there, however, I was getting oggled left and right by men of all ages and women. It was like I was the hottest thing on the planet. Instantly my confidence was at 1000% and I walked a bit taller, smiled more...possibly rays of sunshine were beaming off my body. I was feelin' good! I got home and shared my Staples adventure with my daughter who looked at me with a mix of contempt and sadness and announced "Mom you have a sock static-clung across the back of your sweater".

Kill-me-now.
  • Jestinia
    Options
    I once went to Staples to get school supplies for my kids. I took a shower, did my make-up and hair, and looked...well..acceptable. Once I got there, however, I was getting oggled left and right by men of all ages and women. It was like I was the hottest thing on the planet. Instantly my confidence was at 1000% and I walked a bit taller, smiled more...possibly rays of sunshine were beaming off my body. I was feelin' good! I got home and shared my Staples adventure with my daughter who looked at me with a mix of contempt and sadness and announced "Mom you have a sock static-clung across the back of your sweater".

Kill-me-now.

:sad: And no one told you? I hate people sometimes.