so...this is awkward

Options

Replies

• rexroars
    rexroars Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Sometimes if it's something very innocent I find it flattering... but usually I've learned to just be on my guard all the time. I live in a big city and work downtown, and sometimes get off very late, and most attention I get is cat calling, and it's very sexual and not in a flattering way. I've kind of gotten to the point where I don't like any attention from guys. (Which my boyfriend is probably happy about, haha).
  • Shannonthompson73
    Shannonthompson73 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I love that you have theme music! I pledge to take the rest of the day at work to choose my own theme music!
  • canadianvampyregurl
    Options
    I wouldn't know :laugh: I assume if anyone is staring at me it's because I've said something inappropriate or have something on my face. :drinker:

i do the same thing
  • AshleyJoyPlatt
    Options
    I am in a relationship where my boyfriend lives with me. But, if a man or woman is flirting or being really nice to me, I flirt back and do the same. I keep it within certain boundaries, but it is also apart my of my personality to be very friendly. I never notice when people are staring because I stare too.. #creepy
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem with people looking. It's comments that annoy me. However, I've noticed something weird-I think I got more disrespectful catcalls and stuff when I was fat. Maybe that's not really true and my perception has changed, but if it is true, why? Do the worst of the worst think I'm so far out of their league now that they don't bother? Do I carry myself with more confidence now, giving them a "back off" message with my body language? I don't know. Interesting to think about.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh:
    you folks are hilarious!!!

The theme music varies a great deal. Lately it's been India Irie's 'Brown Skin' and I realize now it's probably the music in my head that I'm gliding around to:blushing: It's got a deep bass the first few notes that make you take long low strides that make you lead with your hips & go BOom BooOm with the first few lines.

The lyrics make me smile to myself too...I've got LOTS of songs that play in my head & are the soundtrack to the movie in my head that's my life :laugh:

When I realize I'm being 'observed' it startles me cause I ALSO wonder if I said something out loud or I'm being weird. I look like this:
    tumblr_mcizfgKfav1rowfhy.gif

though I swear it comes off like this:
    tumblr_mfaj0obFEA1qkx05wo1_250.gif
  • notyouraveragetalia
    Options
    I do this. Works every time.
    2a97dkg.gif

This. This is gold.

But seriously, it can be really uncomfortable. It happens at the gym to all females I'm sure. It's happened to me much more in the weight area of the gyms I go to. I am painfully awkward and avert eye contact, but that's me in the gym regardless!
  • stacym1978
    Options
    Soak it up and take it as a compliment... well, that's what I would do anyway. :wink:
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem with people looking. It's comments that annoy me. However, I've noticed something weird-I think I got more disrespectful catcalls and stuff when I was fat. Maybe that's not really true and my perception has changed, but if it is true, why? Do the worst of the worst think I'm so far out of their league now that they don't bother? Do I carry myself with more confidence now, giving them a "back off" message with my body language? I don't know. Interesting to think about.

There are people who like larger women. I was miffed yesterday at the gas pump when the cutie walking past had his eye on the woman at the nearby pump instead of on me. She was considerably overweight.

Oh vanity, thou art getting old and it's about time for me to cool it with the comparing! Maybe I'll make it one of my New Year's Resolutions. :laugh:
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    My theme music is "Purple Haze" done as a polka. Maybe that's been my problem all these years.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I will be 59 in two weeks. I am thrilled when I find a man giving me the eye, even though I am happily loyal to my significant other. I just smile and go on about my business.
  • Gingerspice45
    Gingerspice45 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Being married, I feel flattered but also uncomfortable when I get stares or hit on by guys. I try to put off a negative vibe or work "my husband" blah blah into the conversation to make the person realize they are out of line. That is quite the awkward problem.
  • Aihs123
    Options
    Maybe it's just the type of men I've gotten those looks from ...but usually I get the Creepy McStalker vibe and instantly want to RUN LOL

Me too!! Lol!
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I usually turn around to see who they are looking at!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Depends how hot he is lol. I'm married too so it won't go beyond a smile back maybe some friendly chat.
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I usually turn around to see who they are looking at!

This.

But I keep living in hope :happy:
  • crystalrose_tina
    crystalrose_tina Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    lol I'm socially awkward so I pretend that I didn't see them looking, stare at the floor and walk away as if I have somewhere super important to be
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Isn't it awesome OP?

I actually love being eye candy :)

I've always gotten plenty of looks, stares and comments my whole life. Then, when I was at my heaviest it pretty much stopped happening. I thought it might be my wedding ring but that has been disproved now that I have lost the weight and am getting more looks than ever. I kind of get off that people (both men and women) can't help but look me up and down. Made me realize how much I missed it when it stopped happening and it motivates me to keep on eating right and exercising.

There are situations where I avoid it and just look at my feet while walking or whatever, like in a desolate parking lot or some other situation where it might be unsafe. I also hate rude comments, but lookers I can not fault :)
  • GummyHuman
    GummyHuman Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    bwIMXTK.gif

LOL! Yes! This.

Not to my goal yet, but when a guy paid my tab at a bar the other day, this was my exact reaction. Never had that happen before.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    It depends on who's looking. If I think they are attractive I will make eye contact, grin, and keep walking. If they are strange and creepy, I stare at the ground and try not to look at them.