so...this is awkward

Options

Replies

• spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I generally assume that if a man looks at me for an extended period of time that I either have something in my teeth, or I'm singing to myself again.

No, it's your mustache.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I generally assume that if a man looks at me for an extended period of time that I either have something in my teeth, or I'm singing to myself again.

No, it's your mustache.

That's probably what it is, they're jealous of the 'stache. Good call!
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    I'm often unsure if they really are checking me out or not (lingering self esteem/body image issues? )

But when I do catch an obvious look from a guy, I usually look him in the eye so he knows I've seen him, then ignore it.
  • mrsjones2point0
    mrsjones2point0 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I mak eye contact and smile. Being appreciated is flattering, not scary or insulting.

PLUS, I like to think that I made his day a little brighter, thinking that the girl he was checking out actually showed (faked) interest.
  • SisterhoodoftheShrinkingPants
    Options
    I know you were only asking women, but us guys have the same problem.

I carry a large nightstick to beat them off with. But some of them like that so it just compounds my problem.

LOVE IT!!! In for rough play ;)
  • tm82001
    tm82001 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I act as awkwardly as I can, but it really comes naturally.

This!! I am a high school math teacher, thus I wave my nerdy freak flag freely. I will seduce you with my awkwardness!
  • leeshults
    leeshults Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    What I wouldn't give for some of your confidence......
  • Pedalpush
    Pedalpush Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Long blink, little smirky smile back, then, pick up your chin a little more, stick out your boobs a little more, turn, then strut away...
  • LVCeltGirl
    Options
    Whether I was married or unmarried at the time, as I've lost weight and gained confidence (this is not my first time on this pony ride), I've always gotten my flirt on (if I wasn't creeped out). Of course, I also play Renaissance Faire and we're a rather flirty crowd of people!

I really believe that if you have a significant other (I think that covers all possibilities and not just marriage) that it doesn't matter where you get your appetite as long as you come home for dinner! So flirt away and then bring all the playfulness that flirty helped create home to your husband. :wink:
  • LvLite
    LvLite Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hahaha have to laugh!! I am painfully shy when I get attention.. so I usually trip, look down, blush and bolt.. if a conversation ensues then I am sure to say something completely ridiculous.! I do need to get better at shoving off the creepers .. ugh
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Ignore. If something very nice is actually said, I say 'Thank you!', smile, and move on.
  • lraien
    lraien Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Enjoy every minute of it :)
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    If it it's in a harmless setting (I work in the criminal court system, so it isn't always), I smile and even flirt back a little. My husband gets it too--the flight attendant who recently gave him elevator eyes (I was two people back and cracking up) and felt his bicep. It's flattering.
    Edit: OP, what's your theme music? Mine varies but right now it's Barry White.
    It should be "Brick House". Always. :laugh:
  • April_KT
    April_KT Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    You could always be a bold and brazen hussy ..... lick your lips and wink at them. Men get scared if you're too overt :tongue:

This made me laugh!! haha i would never be able to do that
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I have a boyfriend.

But it don't stop me from smiling back! ESPECIALLY if I think he's attractive. :wink: Woops.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    At my age... I just smile and make eye contact back but normally I don't start conversation. I just sprint off to where ever I was heading in the first place. So if they are looking at me like I'm the Crypt - Keeper (as my son likes to refer to me) or an over-aged hollywood actress - it is confronted and not neglected. I get creeped out if they start following me - which has happened. Congratulations on your NSV.:flowerforyou:
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I ignore it and no-sell it. When I'm out with the hubby, I get stares, mostly from married men. Then they look at my husband and get mad for some reason......it's nutty.
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    Options
    I usually flash my wedding ring.

Not interested-walk away.
  • bkw99508
    bkw99508 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Is it just me, and I might be showing my age, but who else thought of Ally McBeal when the OP mentioned theme music?

My song is "Don't Rain on My Parade"....I even have some kind of Broadway dance that goes along with it in my head. :blushing:
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Enjoy it and maybe shake it a little harder. tehehe