Why do we have to suffer? :'(

Options
12346»

Replies

• starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say that I wish you some happiness and joy in your life because you sound so unhappy and I know life isn't easy but we can do things to at least help make it better a bit. What are some things you enjoy? Start doing them more, providing they're healthy and positive things!

I understand depression and thyroid issues (i have both, along with a ton of other medical conditions) but you know what? I'm not going to let it stop me. We have to live life...and not waste a moment of it. It's too precious, you know?

Hang in there. Make some positive changes in your life. Start walking, eat some healthy foods instead of bad ones, make small steps at first and it'll get better. Also, if you have depression, maybe you could try to see a doctor or therapist for some help? I've been there...it's tough but there's no shame in asking for help.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    As somebody who has felt that way before:

1. Stop thinking of yourself as some kind of victim. No one has forced you to be who you are or to feel the way you feel. If there is something about your life that you don't like. Change it.
    2. Learn how to build a better self image. http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2013/12/10/how-to-build-a-perfect-body-a-discussion-on-body-image/
    3. Regardless of your size now, you can do things to change that, primarily by losing weight and learning about body recomposition. Until you get there, learn how to dress in ways that can help you feel more confident, and make a better impression on others. http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2013/12/16/how-to-level-up-your-wardrobe-a-primer-on-first-impressions/
    4. You're 19. Be patient.

This is really good advice.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    life is no fair period…does not matter if you are obese, skinny, fit, etc…

Just because someone is fit does not mean that there life is all rainbows and unicorns. THey still have bills to pay, work to deal with, crazy friends and/or family members..

You are still young - 19 - so you think that life owes you something, but it does not; everything you gain in life your ill have to fight for and want for yourself, and sometimes that will not work out.

I got cancer when I was 25, what that fair? Hell no. But I dealt with it and fought my way through it. Four years ago my business almost went out of business and this was wen all the banks were getting bailed out, did we et a bail out? Hell no. We had to fight, kick, claw our way out of it…

Just a little life lesson for you ….

If you do not want to be obese anymore, then make the necessary changes and stop being obese…you can control that..there are a lot of things that you cannot control…

good luck to you ….
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    newsflash If someone told you life was fair or easy, they lied to you.

maybe it was obama? bahahahahahaha
  • Mona90Alien
    Mona90Alien Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I really think you just are having one of those horrible days.
    I can't share in your greef of being obese but I can tell you that I have met obese people and honestly they were the most cheerful and happy people in the hostel!!!! And you know what else!!!! Everybody loved them!! And honestly, It's not because people aren't jealous of them (djeezus christ I was, wish I could be happy all the time, and so confident :-D) but I honestly think it's because they don't judge other people, open minded, happy!

And it's really like how you look at life!!! I've had my own problems, and ever since I've been feeling I have been lucky! After my little accident I decided to drop my studies and go travel, because that's all I ever wanted to do! And despite the fact that it was hard there on my own, and I struggled to find work there. I saw the postive things, like honestly there were a lot of people in worse circumstances and they could still laugh.... I remember losing my entire backpack and well be angry and stressed out for a day and then think.... puh sad, now I have to buy everything all over again, wel at least I will finally have photo's in different clothes then 2 years ago :-D (Backpackers don't shop very often)

I honestly think that if you can't change your mentality whether you will or not drop kilos you will still be that scared little girl that's not going to dare and talk to people are go to the movie alone..... It won't make you that much happier!
    Be proud of the person you are! and you might actually be able to lose wheight a lot easier!!!

Good luck!
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    newsflash If someone told you life was fair or easy, they lied to you.

maybe it was obama? bahahahahahaha

2co1r92.jpg
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    You people are all being so mean for offering thoughtful, knowledgeable, and truthful advice. Someone should start a thread.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    You people are all being so mean for offering thoughtful, knowledgeable, and truthful advice. Someone should start a thread.
    Please don't tell anyone I was being empathetic and compassionate. It'll ruin my street cred. :wink:
  • mailaki
    mailaki Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Lets be clear and simple. I will lose weight in the following fashion. IF I Fail under any circumstances, I will have a surgery.

Current weight - 133.5 Kgs.
    Target weight - 100 Kgs
    Target time 11 months. i.e. Before november 2014.

Breakdown.
    1 Kg a week.
    Jan 31 - 130
    Feb 28 - 126
    Mar 31 - 122
    Apr 30 - 118
    May 31 - 114
    June 30 - 110
    July 31 - 106
    Aug 31 - 102
    Sep 30 - 98
    Oct 31 - 94
    Nov 30 - 92
    Dec 31 - 88.
    Best of luck. Will keep updated.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    What is your plan to accomplish that? And if you have any problems along the way, you're going to subject yourself to elective surgery? Have you considered the risks inherent?

That sounds pretty rigid.
    Lets be clear and simple. I will lose weight in the following fashion. IF I Fail under any circumstances, I will have a surgery.

Current weight - 133.5 Kgs.
    Target weight - 100 Kgs
    Target time 11 months. i.e. Before november 2014.

Breakdown.
    1 Kg a week.
    Jan 31 - 130
    Feb 28 - 126
    Mar 31 - 122
    Apr 30 - 118
    May 31 - 114
    June 30 - 110
    July 31 - 106
    Aug 31 - 102
    Sep 30 - 98
    Oct 31 - 94