So you want a nice stomach

Options

Replies

• Angelfaiths
    Angelfaiths Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't be rude to others, Just because your body bounced back others didn't! and i agree with the other woman, My stretch marks are my battle scars, doesn't mean i don't want them mixed in with some Abs!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't be rude to others, Just because your body bounced back others didn't! and i agree with the other woman, My stretch marks are my battle scars, doesn't mean i don't want them mixed in with some Abs!

Are you talking to me or someone else? Just curious. I really make an effort to not be rude. My posts (including the one about my story and my stretch marks/loose skin) are to show others that although I have abs I don't have the "perfect" body.

ETA: I'm going to guess you didn't see these other posts by me.
    Here's my story: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/971636-my-story-of-sweet-revenge-pics
    Here's a blog about my strech marks and loose skin: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/usmcmp/view/cellulite-stretch-marks-and-loose-skin-685055
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Really? :noway:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

tumblr_lnks9gkykk1qiw26m.gif

I think there are some projection issues at play here.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

She is not being rude. She is trying to tell other women, such as yourself, that it is indeed possible to achieve a fit body despite the common myth that you can never have a flat stomach or abs after children, and that having stretch marks and other flaws are not so bad.

I understand that you may feel down sometimes over how pregnancy can wreck havoc on your body and fitness, but perhaps you should try to be a bit more understanding about where she has come from and the work she has put in.
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options

Are you talking to me or someone else? Just curious. I really make an effort to not be rude. My posts (including the one about my story and my stretch marks/loose skin) are to show others that although I have abs I don't have the "perfect" body.

yup. She might night have a "perfect" body, but its "perfectly awesome"! Thanks for always being so willing to help others, you rock girly!

oh and… IN for the roll
    GocMDE8.gif
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Ah yes, abs. The yardstick of weight loss success. Lose over 100lbs, add years to your life, and increase your fitness level more than you ever thought you could. Don't end up with abs and you're a failure.

Not sure where that was implied. This post was for those who want nice stomachs. It never said "if you don't have "abs", you are a failure".
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Ah yes, abs. The yardstick of weight loss success. Lose over 100lbs, add years to your life, and increase your fitness level more than you ever thought you could. Don't end up with abs and you're a failure.

I'm sorry......can you please direct me to the part of the OP where she said anyone without abs is a failure?

Some people set defined abs as a goal. So what? If they are willing to work towards that, why not?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

I created the original post in January. After years of answering threads asking how to lose belly fat I thought I could just write a post and share the thread when belly fat questions came up. I could have just copy and pasted this same information in those threads, but I decided to just create my own thread instead.
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options

Your choice to define 'nice stomach' as abs is your own and your choice to define a lack of abs as failure is also your own. Maybe you should deal with your issues..on your own.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    It amazes me that no matter how noble, factual, helpful, and inspiring a post is, there are always those who are able and eager to filter it through their own inadequacies for the sullen, bitter joy of being offended.

It probably shouldn't amaze me though. That is way easier to do than to take what is noble, factual, helpful, and inspiring, and apply it to the work necessary for your own success...whatever that looks like.

*rides off into the sunset to buff my dazzling white armor*

tumblr_luoxltKH9w1r6aoq4o1_500.gif
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options

Bitter, party of one. Your table is ready.

Just a water for me please. I'm on a diet. Need to get those abs!

You sound hangry.
    You should eat something.

8739.jpg
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

And today it was revealed unto all why I never, ever ever ever, try to help people on this site

E5I0bMS.gif
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

What kind of cheese do you want with that whine?!? :huh:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Page 2 of the roll and already a few posts that have a severe lack of actually reading the OP - or at least projecting and reading something in it that is just not there.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I heard this was the place to come and take a dumb on something beautiful.

Or am I projecting?
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

Have you tried whining?

Oh I see you have.

Maybe next you could try working out.
    But working out is....HARD! :sad: :sad: :sad: Isn't there a pill or some belt thingy I could wear instead?