• Tammi0069
    Options
    YOUR VERY MEAN

• Tammi0069
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Tammi0069 wrote: »
    Your very welcome working together works

Huh? I'm not sure I understand your comment, "Your very welcome". I started this thread and personally wrote the first post.

Well, that why it's your welcome and not someone else's welcome.

WHATS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE IM NOT TRYING TO TAKE CREDIT FOR YOUR POST GESHHH SORRY IF I STEPPED ON ANYONES TOES HERE
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Thank u I've been going hard at the gym for almost 2 months doing between 20/30 mins of cardio 5 days a week now I know it's mostly body building to target my abs. Thank you so much :)

Body building does not target abs as such. You can develope ab muscles but having them show or just getting a flatter stomach is about creating a deficit in order to lose the fat that covers them. Doing your cardio is fine, but adding in resistance training is important for a number of reasons, including retaining your muscle mass and bone density.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Huh? I'm not sure I understand your comment, "Your very welcome". I started this thread and personally wrote the first post.

WHATS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE IM NOT TRYING TO TAKE CREDIT FOR YOUR POST GESHHH SORRY IF I STEPPED ON ANYONES TOES HERE

People are confused as to why you said 'Your welcome' - which would imply that someone/people thanked you for doing something, yet you had not posted anything that could be construed as advice on this thread. Maybe you meant to thank the OP and it did not come across that way.
  • Tammi0069
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »

People are confused as to why you said 'Your welcome' - which would imply that someone/people thanked you for doing something, yet you had not posted anything that could be construed as advice on this thread. Maybe you meant to thank the OP and it did not come across that way.

THATS TOTALLY CORRECT JUST TRYING TO HELP THATS ALL
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    This is fascinating...
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    ZoeLifts wrote: »
    This is fascinating...
    :laugh:

Agreed
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    ZoeLifts wrote: »
    This is fascinating...
    :laugh:

Agreed

lol...anyyyyywho...
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

But you never did anything helpful, just typed out 'your welcome'.

But if it's just trolling, it's the best I've seen with so few words.

And if you were trying to thank the OP, the better way to do it would be with 'thank you'.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Lol
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Well, that clears things up nicely.
  • JessikaJacobs87
    JessikaJacobs87 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have to agree that 4 does make me cringe as well, but only because I hate cardio, even though I do it. These are all excellent points, and after I loose some of my weight I might start focusing on specific areas of my body and come back to this thread Thank you!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I have to agree that 4 does make me cringe as well, but only because I hate cardio, even though I do it. These are all excellent points, and after I loose some of my weight I might start focusing on specific areas of my body and come back to this thread Thank you!

The whole point of #4 is that you don't HAVE to do it if you hate it. It is not necessary for fat loss. Cardio has other benefits, but you do not have to do cardio to lose weight.
  • Valolden
    Valolden Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much for your contribution to this problem that myself and many, many others struggle with on a daily basis! I thought it was all down to because I couldn't stop eating chocolate every day and it was sugar was making the weight cling to my stomach/hips. But now it makes sense!

I'm 5 ft 1", weighing around 8st 4lbs, body fat is around 24% ( I got assessed a few weeks ago so it could have changed since). I go to the gym 3-4 times a week and do an all over strength routine with added cardio for around 30-40 mins total. I started this routine last month and definitely prefer it. Before that, I had been running and doing bits of strength here and there but not seeing much difference, plus it was getting boring.

After joining MFP, it does all come down to what OP is specifying. I am trying to stay at a deficit now since learning the truth, it is hard to try and come up with low calorie, filling meals because I always seem to be hungry!
  • usmcmp
    Options
    Val901 wrote: »
    Thank you very much for your contribution to this problem that myself and many, many others struggle with on a daily basis! I thought it was all down to because I couldn't stop eating chocolate every day and it was sugar was making the weight cling to my stomach/hips. But now it makes sense!

I'm 5 ft 1", weighing around 8st 4lbs, body fat is around 24% ( I got assessed a few weeks ago so it could have changed since). I go to the gym 3-4 times a week and do an all over strength routine with added cardio for around 30-40 mins total. I started this routine last month and definitely prefer it. Before that, I had been running and doing bits of strength here and there but not seeing much difference, plus it was getting boring.

After joining MFP, it does all come down to what OP is specifying. I am trying to stay at a deficit now since learning the truth, it is hard to try and come up with low calorie, filling meals because I always seem to be hungry!

If you are struggling with hunger that bad it might be a good idea to make sure your calorie goal is not too aggressive.
  • Jozzmenia
    Jozzmenia Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Jozzmenia wrote: »
    Looking at all the flabby pears in my family, sometimes i think i just don't have the genetics for it :(

My family carries their weight in their belly. I "don't have the genetics for it" plus I had kids. It's okay to say that the effort required to have a flat stomach or low body fat isn't worth it, but genetics doesn't mean you can never have it.

Here I thought it was okay to say whatever I want in America. My thoughts are legitimate even if you think your wording of everything is perfect. It can be discouraging to have an entire family with no fit people, especially when it's a very large family. So you can call me lazy in whatever backhanded way u want I still work my *kitten* of at the gym and try to eat healthy all the time with slow progress and it still lingers in my mind that maybe I don't have the genetics for it and I'm allowed to say what's in my mind last I checked. :/
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Looking at all the flabby pears in my family, sometimes i think i just don't have the genetics for it :(

My family carries their weight in their belly. I "don't have the genetics for it" plus I had kids. It's okay to say that the effort required to have a flat stomach or low body fat isn't worth it, but genetics doesn't mean you can never have it.

Here I thought it was okay to say whatever I want in America. My thoughts are legitimate even if you think your wording of everything is perfect. It can be discouraging to have an entire family with no fit people, especially when it's a very large family. So you can call me lazy in whatever backhanded way u want I still work my *kitten* of at the gym and try to eat healthy all the time with slow progress and it still lingers in my mind that maybe I don't have the genetics for it and I'm allowed to say what's in my mind last I checked. :/

Working harder =/= working smarter, unfortunately. Hard work and consistency will always triumph over genetics.
  • usmcmp
    edited April 2015
    Options

I wasn't calling you lazy. Getting down to body fat levels that are low enough to have abs or even a flat stomach is something very few achieve. It requires patience plust time, and to a degree it requires learning about how to do it effectively (rather than just working harder). Get it out of your mind that you "don't have the genetics for it". I don't "have the genetics for it" and I'm not the only one who has "beat genetics".
  • Valolden
    Valolden Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    If you are struggling with hunger that bad it might be a good idea to make sure your calorie goal is not too aggressive.

Really? I thought I would get used to it eventually or something, but I don't know - the goal I have set on MFP is 1440 calories a day, what do you think?