Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Needs more bumps.
  • Myki3012
    Myki3012 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    What solid advice! Hope to put it in use one day!
  • zahra59
    zahra59 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Love you lol thanks Dr posting this
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Sorry if this has already been answered, but, how long did it take for your lower abs to start showing through? Is the key to getting them to show through if you have a lot of loose skin the volume of muscle or the level of body fat? I have a fair amount of loose skin post partum and while my upper (4) abs look solid, the lower ones are no where to be seen. I can see the outside line around all of them, but no real definition.

Thanks!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Sorry if this has already been answered, but, how long did it take for your lower abs to start showing through? Is the key to getting them to show through if you have a lot of loose skin the volume of muscle or the level of body fat? I have a fair amount of loose skin post partum and while my upper (4) abs look solid, the lower ones are no where to be seen. I can see the outside line around all of them, but no real definition.

Thanks!

@marissafit06 It's possible that it's loose skin or a combo of loose skin and fat or simply not having enough volume. My top set popped out really early and then the rest all showed about the same time. I have lots of loose skin, but it was fat that hid the rest of mine for a while. If you want to send me a picture or post one here I could probably get a better idea of what it might be.
  • marissafit06
    Options
    Awesome, thanks. Will send in tomorrow or so. Appreciate the help.
  • marissafit06
    edited August 2016
    Options

-
  • rosey35
    rosey35 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    @marissafit06 It's a combination of still having some fat (not very much though) and not having enough ab volume. You are one of the rare people who lean out through the mid section first. Your upper body isn't as lean as your abdominal area. I personally found that front squats were great for building ab volume, but at this point I definitely suggest weighted ab work. You look great and I can tell you have put in lots of hard work! Keep it up!
  • marissafit06
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Ya, you're right, I do lose weight there first. I'll add weighted ab work into my routine. That helps a lot, thanks again!
  • Idle_Moon
    Idle_Moon Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Currently, I'm 126 lbs at 5"4. I'm cutting to 116 lbs, hoping that my bodyfatpercentage will be low enough for a flat stomach.
    How much proteine should I eat to retain my muscles? Is 90-100g proteine enough?
  • Jezreel12
    Jezreel12 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Love the advice
  • corrieworou
    corrieworou Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    odusgolp wrote: »
    tumblr_inline_myqny5GU9g1r3hlbx.gif

I wanna panda hug!!!

This made my day!!! Sent to everyone I know....thanks
  • Jezreel12
    Options
    Idle_Moon wrote: »
    Currently, I'm 126 lbs at 5"4. I'm cutting to 116 lbs, hoping that my bodyfatpercentage will be low enough for a flat stomach.
    How much proteine should I eat to retain my muscles? Is 90-100g proteine enough?
    I think 100g of protein is close enough for you, although the preferred way is to keep it 1 gram per pound so that would be 126 grams of protein. But you shouldn't be worried though. 100 grams is still great ! B)

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Jezreel12 wrote: »
    I think 100g of protein is close enough for you, although the preferred way is to keep it 1 gram per pound so that would be 126 grams of protein. But you shouldn't be worried though. 100 grams is still great ! B)

I thought it was 1 g protein per 1 pound of lean mass.
  • allyssabebe
    allyssabebe Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Love this! Thanks for the motivation to continue!
  • Raptor2763
    Raptor2763 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    ^5 devil
  • Jezreel12
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Jezreel12 wrote: »

I thought it was 1 g protein per 1 pound of lean mass.
    I go by my whole body weight to calculate how much protein is needed for muscle build up and it's always better to do more than less when it comes to protein since protein is what helps the muscles to heal after a workout also for your body change composition.
  • suemcmurry
    suemcmurry Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    bump