Need tips to lose weight

Options
What foods should I take out of my diet and what foods should I add?
What are good workouts to do.?

Replies

• deasiya
    deasiya Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    take out all bad ats and add healthy ones like coconut oil and olive oil. reduce the amount of sugar and sodium intake. generally you want to eat 6 times a day so that why your sugars do not ride to much. you should have 3 fueling breaks and 3 meals: breakfast , lunch, dinner. you want more protein then anything and i would completely wipe out starches until you reach your goal. as far as carbs go i would only do veggies or very low glycemic fruits
  • deasiya
    Options
    oh and drink at least half your body weight in water!! super important. as far as exercises go walking is the best thing you can do for your body. you want to eat healthy first then do more exercising. 1 step at a time. plus eating good is 90% of weight only 10% is exercise
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I am very glad you asked this question!!

You do not need to remove ANY foods from your diet at all!!!

Weight loss is all about calories in versus calories out. So long as you are eating below your maintenance calories, you will lose weight. Even if you eat pizza, cake, ice cream, soda, etc.

As far as workouts, I recommend starting a beginners strength program and doing cardio once or twice per week.

Starting Strength
    New Rules of Lifting
    Stronglifts 5x5

These are all good, beginner friendly programs that can get you started.

Cheers and best of luck to you! :drinker:
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    You don't need to take any foods out of your diet or eat a certain number of times per day. All you need to do is a keep a calorie deficit. As for exercise, cardio and strength training, with more emphasis on the weights.
  • wheird
    Options
    take out all bad ats and add healthy ones like coconut oil and olive oil. reduce the amount of sugar and sodium intake. generally you want to eat 6 times a day so that why your sugars do not ride to much. you should have 3 fueling breaks and 3 meals: breakfast , lunch, dinner. you want more protein then anything and i would completely wipe out starches until you reach your goal. as far as carbs go i would only do veggies or very low glycemic fruits
    oh and drink at least half your body weight in water!! super important. as far as exercises go walking is the best thing you can do for your body. you want to eat healthy first then do more exercising. 1 step at a time. plus eating good is 90% of weight only 10% is exercise

You do not need to reduce sugar or sodium to lose weight. Meal timing is not important for weight loss, but it can help with adherence. You want approximately .8-1g of protein per pound of lean body mass. You can eat any types of carbs. You don't need to drink half your body weight in water. Walking is great cardio for a beginner, but they should also incorporate strength training for its numerous benefits.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    i do not remove ANY foods from my diet. i eat anything i want, in moderation, and within my calorie limits! cardio and strength train... i dont prefer one over the other, i think they go well hand in hand for weight loss!

some people make this alot harder than it needs to be. its simple, unless you make it difficult for yourself!
  • deasiya
    Options
    eating healthy is the best thing you can do for your health. you'll just put all the weight back on if you continue with old habits and eating unhealthy like pizza, and ice cream.. those dont do any good or your body
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Options
    eating healthy is the best thing you can do for your health. you'll just put all the weight back on if you continue with old habits and eating unhealthy like pizza, and ice cream.. those dont do any good or your body

pizza and ice cream are a part of life. a normal person should be able to have a slice of pizza at a super bowl party, or a slice of cake at their kids birthday... learn moderation and you wont put the weight back on
  • deasiya
    Options
    by the wat ie lost 46 pounds in 4 months doing this so you cant tell me it doesnt work
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Options
    by the wat ie lost 46 pounds in 4 months doing this so you cant tell me it doesnt work

so i guess both ways work! i lost 90 pounds in 2013, and i ate anything i wanted!
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

I've eaten both pizza and ice cream this week, and I'm losing weight.
  • deasiya
    Options
    if you let it be. frozen yogurt would be a much better choice and you can make way healthier pizza then that crap they sell in stores.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    There's no reason to deprive yourself of anything you enjoy eating.

Having this kind of mind-set isn't really healthy, and can possibly lead to binge eating.

Eat what you like within moderation. Stick to your calorie goal deficit to lose weight. Pay attention to your macro-nutrients and eat enough protein and fats.. How you go about food selection to meet the macro-nutrients is irrelevant.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    You don't HAVE to add or subtract any food--just stay within your calorie budget. Don't make it complicated.

As far as working out, any workout that will actually do with consistency. I have runners, hikers, weightlifters, crossfitters, kettlebell swingers, Zumba addicts, P90ers, and cardio bunnies on my FL, and they are ALL losing weight and getting healthier. Find what you like. Experiment, try different things, until you find what you like and will stick with.
  • wheird
    Options

I'm telling you that it is unnecessary. EdDavenport, a moderator here, has lost over 300lbs eating pizza and ice cream.

So....
  • wheird
    Options
    if you let it be. frozen yogurt would be a much better choice and you can make way healthier pizza then that crap they sell in stores.

Much better how? :huh:
  • bellepiff
    Options

Half my body weight in water??? I don't think so.
    Yes water is important, but to tell someone to drink half their body weight in water is incomprehensible

As other posters have said- moderation is the key to long term weight loss and weight maintenance. Energy in HAS to be LESS than energy out.
    Take it one day at a time- drink water, log your food, stay within calorie allowance, sleep well- wake up and repeat.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options

You lost weight because of how much you ate, not because of what you ate.