Need tips to lose weight

Options

Replies

• jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    if you let it be. frozen yogurt would be a much better choice and you can make way healthier pizza then that crap they sell in stores.

I havent gave up any frozen pizzas since I started this sight and guess what Im losing weight. Yes I jumped up to 192 but I didnt record it but since Oct lost 11 lbs including eating frozen pizzas, pastas cheese cakes cookies chips
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    by the wat ie lost 46 pounds in 4 months doing this so you cant tell me it doesnt work

so i guess both ways work! i lost 90 pounds in 2013, and i ate anything i wanted!

!!!!! Say what? 90? Really? Geeeeze. I was good to get 30. Well, if I had kept with it, I could have reached 90 -minus the plateau. What did you do to lose it that quick? Just butt your butt during exercise or strictly watching what you eat? (You look fit so I'm guessing exercising. lol.)

thanks! just diet and exercise, thats it! was strict on my calories, and never let excuses interfere with working out! 44%bf to 19.7%bf !!! and thats with lost of pizza, ice cream, french fries, burgers, skittles, hot cheetos and beer
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    i saying if you want to add that to your lifestyle. theres a black bean pizza that is really healthy for you i meant the stuf you buy at like dominos and pizza hut, but you guys are adults and can do whatever you want. she asked for advice and i gave mine just as you are doing. she can decided to do what she likes. :)

When making claims, it is best to provide the information to back up the claim. While you have found a way of eating that works for you, it is not necessary and will not be sustainable for everybody. A calorie deficit is all that is needed to lose weight.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    i saying if you want to add that to your lifestyle. theres a black bean pizza that is really healthy for you i meant the stuf you buy at like dominos and pizza hut, but you guys are adults and can do whatever you want. she asked for advice and i gave mine just as you are doing. she can decided to do what she likes. :)

No, you said:
    eating healthy is the best thing you can do for your health. you'll just put all the weight back on if you continue with old habits and eating unhealthy like pizza, and ice cream.. those dont do any good or your body

You're backpedaling.
  • saradord
    saradord Posts: 129
    Options
    I would cut out wheat, that contain gluten and sugary concentrated drinks, eat lots of protein and veggies , seeds and nuts, fruit is good too but in moderation because of the sugar content.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    eating healthy is the best thing you can do for your health. you'll just put all the weight back on if you continue with old habits and eating unhealthy like pizza, and ice cream.. those dont do any good or your body

pizza and ice cream are a part of life. a normal person should be able to have a slice of pizza at a super bowl party, or a slice of cake at their kids birthday... learn moderation and you wont put the weight back on

I still eat pizza and burgers. Just have to stay under calorie budget. That is all.
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    IN for extremely misleading and ridiculous anecdotal evidence

I'll be over here losing weight and eating foods I enjoy, including ice cream and pizza occasionally.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Okay... water...

For example, a person who weighs 150 pounds. Half that weight is 75 pounds.

Convert pounds to ounces.

75 pounds = 1,200 ounces

Which in cups would equal 150 cups of water a day.

NO! Do NOT drink 150 cups of water a day - that make no sense at all and will kill you.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    I would cut out wheat, that contain gluten and sugary concentrated drinks, eat lots of protein and veggies , seeds and nuts, fruit is good too but in moderation because of the sugar content.

OP:
    This is not necessary, unless you have a medical reason for eliminating an item.
  • smc864
    smc864 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want, just stay in a caloric deficit.

I think it's easier to eat lean meats and veggies and other "clean" foods because you can eat MOAR of them. But in reality, as long as you're eating less than your maintenance calories you will lose weight. And don't cut out wheat or gluten unless you have an allergy. That's ridiculous.
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    What foods should I take out of my diet and what foods should I add?
    What are good workouts to do.?

To help you out. Eat and drink like you normally do log it for a week and tweak on what you can cut back on and do portion control....I used to drink 4-6 ozs of creamer with my coffee and at least 20zs a night of wine then I tweaked that and other foods... I didnt eliminate anything in my "diet" just added more fruits and proteins and eat fiber enriched foods to keep me fuller longer. I found this website to be helpful http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
  • saradord
    Options
    I disagree I have done tons of research on gluten and wheat and my body has been healthier then it ever has been since I cut out wheat products. , not just physically has my body changed but for health reasons ,
  • amosmoses88
    amosmoses88 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Okay... water...

75 pounds = 1,200 ounces

NO! Do NOT drink 150 cups of water a day - that make no sense at all and will kill you.

I do beg to differ on that. It all depends on what you do with your body a day. If you're exercising and or lifting weights, you need that water. There are TONS of people and I have a few on my MFP page that do water checks throughout the day and they all sit at around 200 ounces BY NOON! I'm not saying you HAVE to do that, but that's what I've read just about everywhere that water is the most important thing to weight loss. And I speak from experience that drinking just water definitely helps you to lose weight. It replenishes what your body loses through work out and sweat of course. Your body needs water. The weight loss--sure you can eat a couple of slices of pizza a day and be under calories and still lose weight, but I tell you what, your body is going to feel drained so bad because you're not giving it what it NEEDS. It lives healthily off of a balanced diet.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I disagree I have done tons of research on gluten and wheat and my body has been healthier then it ever has been since I cut out wheat products. , not just physically has my body changed but for health reasons ,

Can you link to this research?
  • wheird
    Options
    Okay... water...

75 pounds = 1,200 ounces

I do beg to differ on that. It all depends on what you do with your body a day. If you're exercising and or lifting weights, you need that water. There are TONS of people and I have a few on my MFP page that do water checks throughout the day and they all sit at around 200 ounces BY NOON! I'm not saying you HAVE to do that, but that's what I've read just about everywhere that water is the most important thing to weight loss. And I speak from experience that drinking just water definitely helps you to lose weight. It replenishes what your body loses through work out and sweat of course. Your body needs water. The weight loss--sure you can eat a couple of slices of pizza a day and be under calories and still lose weight, but I tell you what, your body is going to feel drained so bad because you're not giving it what it NEEDS. It lives healthily off of a balanced diet.

75lbs of water is over 8 gallons of water. Be realistic here.
  • amosmoses88
    Options
    Also, please look up your TDEE so you can start there. It helped me out TONS and I lost more weight with that than anything I had tried before.
  • saradord
    Options
    I disagree do the research !!!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Drinking water might help flush out sodium. But sodium is not fat and does not cause fat gain, etc, etc. so I'm not sure why one would get one's knickers in a twist about any weight gain caused by it. Especially since your body will take care of it in a couple of days drinking normal amounts of water anyway.
  • wheird
    Options
    I disagree do the research !!!

You said you've done the research and made the claim. So...back it up.
  • amosmoses88
    Options
    Okay... water...

75 pounds = 1,200 ounces

75lbs of water is over 8 gallons of water. Be realistic here.
    '

I'm saying if you work out a lot and are strength training hardcore basically, then you would need to drink that much. You'll live and be merry on 8 cups of water a day, but more is better, but I agree, 8 gallons is unreal. Like I said before some people drink 10 times that.