Looking to add people on 1200 calories a day

Options

Replies

• natrlgirlzrck
    Options
    Hello, I am just getting started and would like to be added to this group!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • ImAwesome9216
    Options
    I'm in. I gain pretty quickly if I eat much more than this thanks to frequent courses of steroids, so I am ready! Add me.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

We tried. Hopefully just one person on here will read all of the research and the success stories of those that did this the healthy, sustainable way and save themselves some heartache. History just keeps on repeating. Several people on the thread have even admitted that this failed in the past and that they gained the weight back when it sucked to much to stick to. Back for another round, but with even slower metabolisms.

What's the definition of insanity?
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I am also on 1200 a day, been doing it for a month and haven't seen any weight loss...am sticking to it though. The program told me 1200 is what i should be eating based on my sedentary job, but 1200 is so little I feel hungry most of the time. Guess that's the point, but it's hard! I could do with some support, please.

Heres some tips. First of all how tall are you and how much do you weigh? How active are you when you arent working? How many work outs a week you do? Are you tracking everything including calorie drinks? What are you eating?? Are you eating enough protein and fiber enriched foods to keep you full longer? Remember good fats are good for you....Dont fret over the the proteins on here thats the bare minimum. If your diairy is open Ill look at it and try to give you some ideas on what you can do to help you feel full longer
  • mtlkate
    mtlkate Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I'm looking for more friends in the same calorie range.
  • WhyLime113
    WhyLime113 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am also on 1200 a day, been doing it for a month and haven't seen any weight loss...am sticking to it though. The program told me 1200 is what i should be eating based on my sedentary job, but 1200 is so little I feel hungry most of the time. Guess that's the point, but it's hard! I could do with some support, please.
    If you are hungry you are not eating enough. The program for MFP is not accurate; I recommend you calculate your BMR--Basal Metabolic Rate. Put simply, BMR is how much energy (calories) you use in a day without any activity at all. Aim to eat at least that much a day (but ideally more). That's how much you need to even properly function (and your body needs to properly function in order to lose weight in a healthy manner)
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    bah to all the people going it's unhealthy don't do it. it is NOT starvation mode and many people DO need to eat that low to lose.

if it doesn't work for you then it doesn't work for you but getting preachy about it is not really helpful for those who it DOES work for.

I eat around 1200 calories a day too give or take 100 calories (but don't look at the last few weeks for examplesof that. I fell off hte wagon a few times this last month.) back to being good for hte next six months though.
    I am also on keto. it's slow going but going.

I am also petite.

Not one person that was against 1200 said anything about starvation mode. At least not me. There are very few people that NEED 1200 to lose. The point that was trying to be made was that one could eat more than 1200 calories a day and still lose weight. I lose on 1600-1700. I'm petite at 5'3".

But hey, do what y'all want.
  • Kimbosbc
    Kimbosbc Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I get 1200 calories a day, but I will add that I usually eat my burned calories so I eat more than 1200 per day, but still stay under.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    bah to all the people going it's unhealthy don't do it. it is NOT starvation mode and many people DO need to eat that low to lose.

if it doesn't work for you then it doesn't work for you but getting preachy about it is not really helpful for those who it DOES work for.

I eat around 1200 calories a day too give or take 100 calories (but don't look at the last few weeks for examplesof that. I fell off hte wagon a few times this last month.) back to being good for hte next six months though.
    I am also on keto. it's slow going but going.

I am also petite.

maybe the reason your fell off the wagon is that you were hungry because you been eating so little. Just food for thought. :happy:

I'm short, 5'2, 128 pds and eat around 1900 calories. :wink:
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

Last few days Iv'e been doing this.
  • ANinjaNamedLarkyn
    Options
    Nope you're looking for trouble. Seriously though I'm short and I eat more than that!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Add me! I eat 1200 calories a day...

...for lunch.

How long you doing this cut, brah?

(Ugh...typing that made me physically uncomfortable.)
  • SerenaKitty
    Options
    I was on a 1200-1500 calorie diet years ago. I lost 80 pounds in 6 months, and maintained it for over 2 years. But...I was skinny fat, and had to eat 1500 to maintain a weight of 120 pounds.

I have BED, have since childhood, and of course restricting caused me to balloon up to 185 pounds eventually, due to binging brought on by deprivation. I gained 65 pounds back!

Now I am eating 1900 calories a day and exercising as much as I am comfortable with. I already feel much better.

No binge urges, no bloating, and lots more energy. Your page says "Please don't add me if you have an eating disorder!", but you are engaging in disordered eating yourself.

Good luck to you - I hope you read all of the information given and find something positive in it! :)
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

"This calorie calculator calculates the optimal calorie intake and macro-nutrient values to lose fat or gain muscle. It also generates a perfect customized meal for you with proper portion size to help you achieve your goal. The calculator is based on the Harris-Benedict equation."

In other words..plug your numbers into the nice calculator and learn what you should ACTUALLY be eating. Things like science and math don't lie.

Unless you are 4 foot + change, MOST people should be eating more than 1200 to be healthy & maintain lean muscle.

Thank GOD I am 5'10". At a 15% deficit I get to eat 2090 calories.

And remember folks, slow and steady wins the race.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I also do 1200 calories. I am new so hope I am doing this right.

There are some very experienced MFP's here, who are willing to adopt a newbie. Check this thread...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1161976-adopt-a-noob-official-mfp-thread

No need to 'hope' you are doing it right.... you can post your stats, and people would be glad to help you figure out your calorie goals. Don't just grab a random # out of a hat.

This is a good idea. I "lucked up" on many of these people and learned from their experience and wisdom. You could start on Day 1 doing it to be successful. Wouldn't that be better than being hungry and needing motivation all the time?

Your call. Oh, and one more time: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants?hl=guide+to+sexy+pants
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I also do 1200 calories. I am new so hope I am doing this right.

There are some very experienced MFP's here, who are willing to adopt a newbie. Check this thread...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1161976-adopt-a-noob-official-mfp-thread

No need to 'hope' you are doing it right.... you can post your stats, and people would be glad to help you figure out your calorie goals. Don't just grab a random # out of a hat.

This is a good idea. I "lucked up" on many of these people and learned from their experience and wisdom. You could start on Day 1 doing it to be successful. Wouldn't that be better than being hungry and needing motivation all the time?

Your call. Oh, and one more time: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants?hl=guide+to+sexy+pants

QFT * even though one of the quotes is mine.... :blushing:
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

Uh...yeah....

I started on 1200 calories a day because I didn't know any better. It worked ok until I really started working out on a regular basis, lifting weights and doing more vigorus cardio. Then I noticed I was exhausted. Beyond exhausted! I could hardly even move. Went from 1200 to 1400 and started losing weight.

When you're hungry let us know. There will be plenty of people ready to help you figure out a good calorie amount to reach your goals :flowerforyou:
  • LisaC101
    LisaC101 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I"m on 1200 a day starting yesterday!
    Add me!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I"m on 1200 a day starting yesterday!
    Add me!

Have you ever considered that there might be a correlation between too much of a calorie deficit with
    About Me:
    I'm 35 and have done the yoyo dieting for years. I'm determined to make the best year and my weight loss is on the top of my list!!
    ?

I'm not saying that there is, because I don't know your unique circumstances, but it's worth considering...right?

Sometimes, the *right* thing to do is actually easier...but only if you give it a chance.