Only 6lbs away from my goal weight!!! With pics. =)

Options

Replies

• Samoa_Moni
    Samoa_Moni Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hands down to you. such great will power and motivation! super envy. Keep up the great work girl!

I noticed that there was no mention of how long it took you to get to where you are now - 141 lbs. When were the first pics and when were the last pics taken? My goal is also 135 lbs as well but I could never lose a pound since I plateau'd so I stopped weighing myself! I relied on body measurements instead.

Hello there=) Thanks for the compliment, I was 210 3 weeks after I had my daughter, then I lost it down to 187 in January of 2013 the reason I say 187 is because I plateaued as well on that number from October to January, but of course I wasn't making any changes. I wasn't going to the gym 5 days a week, I would go then stop because we would get sick, or kids would get sick. Then I would be unmotivated to go back. 4 days after my little brother's funeral in February I had surgery to remove scar tissue from my ankle and remove hardware, no exercise or movement until late March, slowly cycling in late March of 2013, then I just went everyday because it was helping me to stop crying so much everyday, then after 1 month I cut it back to just 5 days a week. I still cried most of the days and still do now but working out is what makes me feel better and enjoy my family.
    Here's a breakdown:
    June of 2012
    Jan of 2013-187lbs
    May of 2013-about 167 I believe
    Now 141
    I gained 7lbs over the holidays visiting my dad with all his Samoan cooking but I lost it by going back to normal eating and exercising schedule. =) I'll try to see if I can post the chart it will show you lots of plateaus. Those are so frustrating but when you lose a 1 pound let that be your fuel and tell yourself "Time to burn!!"

Aww thanks! That helps! need to stay driven and positive even through plateaus! I hate them so much!

Ok here's a better break down I went through the graph under reports and got the major movements. Sorry the first answer was just an estimate and not too much help, I had two little girlies tugging at me so I had to answer fast. There were many times where I would bounce up a couple of lbs. from going on vacations or trips to visit family. If you know anything about Samoans is when you go to a Samoan's house you better be ready to eat, even if your full, if they put a plate in front of you, you better eat, lol not only that but who can resist Samoan food? I never fretted over it because I know getting back to regular schedule always put me back on track. I hope this helps=).
    6/4/12---210
    12/28/12--187
    1/31/13---182
    2/5/13---178
    2/25/13--176
    3/16/13--171
    4/16/13--167
    5/8/13---164
    6/11/13---161
    7/15/13---160
    8/21/13---154
    9/19/13--151
    10/22/13--146
    12/14/13---141
    Now---140

This is so much better!!! You've been so consistent on your weight loss! How do you handle plateaus? I absolutely hate those! I kind of fell off the wagon because I stopped seeing results. consistently losing 2 lbs a wk for 2 straight months then plateau'd every since! I did bootcamp 5 days a week for 10 wks and still didn't see weight loss. I used measurements to determine if I had progress. Only progress was that one of my calves shrank by half an inch lol. That's it!!! It's still something. I don't struggle to zip up my boots like I use to. No need for someone to zip while I press the boot legs together haha.

I would LOVE to shed 20 more lbs and I will be content but at the moment, I've accepted that I will have to diet for the rest of my life lol. I love food and I WANT to lose weight. that's the worse combo! anyway, I am eating normal again and not so restrictive. Trying to not over eat and make healthier choices like choosing wheat over white anything or avoid carbs wherever I can, no sauce, no dressing, more water, less sodium, no sugar; refined;substitutes; fruits(I don't eat sugar anyway). That's all I do and I cut down bootcamp to 3 days a week instead of 5.

I can't go back to being insanely strict and working out everyday like I use to. I don't know what I was on before to have the drive for that. I just want to be normal again!!!

I was 140ish last time I checked the scale but I threw it out. The scale isn't the best way for me to measure myself. I get way too obsessed over the numbers when they don't move especially when I've done all the right things for progress. Most frustrating and unmotivating thing ever!

Trust me I wish I knew how to get off the plateau's I am on one now. But I know what is not helping, I just left to Colorado and was eating up a storm. So for now I am rolling with the punches. I think I am going to change something in my diet for the next two weeks, maybe just stick to seafood until I hit my goal, which should be easy since I love seafood=) If it works I'll let you know. Are we friends? Add me and I'll let you know if it works.
  • allana1111
    allana1111 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    you look great!!! what a transformation
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    you are so inspiring! thank you so much for your post and pictures!!! congratulations!!
  • ramsx1991
    ramsx1991 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    you are incredibly beautiful and you look amazing! congrats on your weight loss!
  • brit21187
    brit21187 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    YOu look amazing thanks for sharing!!! You rock!
  • daliyanin
    daliyanin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    AMAZE-BALLS!
  • SandraD1424
    SandraD1424 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Awesome and congratulations! More proof that it can be done! Thank you for your post
  • FabulouslyMade
    Options
    You look beautiful girl! I am so happy for you. Congrats!
  • mbdelucia
    Options
    You're beautiful! Congrats on nearly reaching your goal. I know it's not easy. :)
  • unamoss
    unamoss Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I love it! "Be your own hero!"
  • stat1124
    stat1124 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Amazing story. I can never grow tired of reading these! Congratz on taking back control and living the life that YOU intended to live, not the life the circumstances had you thinking you had to live! Kudos!
  • IrishMedic17435
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SuzanneKee
    SuzanneKee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was really touched & inspired by your story - your progress is amazing & it must have taken alot of guts to continue even through all of the things that you've been through - I admire your grace & CONGRATS!!! Your story helped me get off my duff, step away from the desk & sofa & get on it! You look amazing - enjoy !!!
  • MissMeMandaLee
    MissMeMandaLee Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Amazing and inspirational! :)
  • silkyb1
    silkyb1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    VERY GOOD MOMMIE....
  • kierkeb
    kierkeb Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    WOW! So inspirational. Thank you for posting! Just the kick in the butt I needed!
  • jeeplovin
    jeeplovin Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • daniellabella986
    daniellabella986 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    You look phenomenal! Good for you!
  • bloggymomx
    Options
    Wow, that's amazing. You look great. I hope I can get down that low :)
  • Samoa_Moni
    Samoa_Moni Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I was really touched & inspired by your story - your progress is amazing & it must have taken alot of guts to continue even through all of the things that you've been through - I admire your grace & CONGRATS!!! Your story helped me get off my duff, step away from the desk & sofa & get on it! You look amazing - enjoy !!!

I am so glad that you were inspired along with so many others, reading about people's success's motivated me as well but believing in myself was the best foundation ever, knowing that I can do it and that I don't need anyone to hold my hand was the greatest realization ever. I believe in you I know each and every one of you can do this, now start believing in yourself.=)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!