Options
    Taco Bell 5 Layer Burrito

stick to a 6-pack of crunchy tacos.

when it comes to the bell.... quantity > quality

We+had+TACO+BELL_c4cd96_3885373.gif
  • DesDawn24
    DesDawn24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Back in the day I would drink an entire 1 L jug of egg nog, before I realized that it's 1240 calories!
  • aKate_
    aKate_ Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I used to make this cookie in a mug (single serving cake-like treat made in a mug in the microwave) and I knew it probably was high in calories but in the past justified it as one piece of cake instead of buying a whole cake and being tempted by it. When I stuck into the recipe section on MFP it had 490 calories per mug!!!
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    a whole bale of hay all by myself...

...not even sorry.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell 5 Layer Burrito

stick to a 6-pack of crunchy tacos.

when it comes to the bell.... quantity > quality

We+had+TACO+BELL_c4cd96_3885373.gif
    Plus, you get a greater "cleanse" effect.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    a whole bale of hay all by myself...

...not even sorry.
    At least it's high in fiber... IIFYM YOLO! :explode:
  • mrsmarit
    mrsmarit Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    AGH I do this all the time! But i love McDonald's "chicken" nuggets (lol we all know it's the weird chicken leftovers) and their fries. THEIR MEDIUM FRIES ARE 550 CALORIES. A good portion of their SANDWICHES aren't even 500+ calories! But i don't go that often... so I enjoy a lot :blushing:

Mc Donald's medium fries are only 380 calories.. a large is 500. Unless you're not in the US
  • dreamingof_thin
    Options
    prawn crackers :3 eep up to 600 calories a bag??!?!!!!!!
  • dreamingof_thin
    Options
    OH and cadbury's roses??!
  • dreamingof_thin
    Options
    trail mix! Holy cow. I ate a cup of it. 600 cals, 60 some odd carbs, 24g fat....ugh.

Not to be pedantic, but that's the point of trail mix: to eat on a trail. You burn a tremendous amount of calories hiking/backpacking, and trail mix was "created" to give quick energy/fuel for that reason. When you're on a trail for several days, you WANT as many calories as you can pack into something light and non-perishable.

Also, I want a Thai Chicken Wing like... yesterday.

tumblr_lwznol3vOj1qcbjps.gif

castLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Applebee's Santa Fe Chicken Salad. I think it was around 1400 calories. And I thought I was making a "healthier choice" lol.
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Not me but my hubby; he loved those Chicken Bakes from costco (gross huge hot pocket things) and one day I looked at the nutrition on them and they were 810 calories, 30.2g of fat (8.2g saturated), and 2061mg of sodium.

He was eating like two at a time.:noway:

I told him and he hasn't eaten one since.
  • mrsmarit
    Options
    Orange juice! At 200 calories for an 8-ounce bottle, it's the same as my favorite frozen yogurt - minus the protein and calcium.

And Honeycrisp apples... Oh sure, a "medium apple" is 80 calories, but the smallish ones weigh nearly three times as much as that mythical "medium apple." Get a regular one from the store in season, and you're pushing 300 calories, easy.

I have never had an apple clock in that high and I've eaten some big ones. Are you entering by weight or by size?
  • callyart
    callyart Posts: 209
    Options
    I just checked out the take aways me and my partner used to eat. Dominos, KFC, McDonalds.... I am appalled! 1 spice of my favourite pizza was 280 calories and I was eating 6 slices.... >.<
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I have nothing to add, I log before I eat and make no apologies for the total junk I feel like eating sometimes (my favourite pasta dish with garlic bread at Boston Pizza is nearing 2000 and I make space for it every couple of months).

But my goodness this thread is making me hungry.
  • mrsmarit
    Options
    Mine was a churro from Sam's Club-- 440 calories.. It was delicious though.. and really huge.
  • Fit2Strip
    Fit2Strip Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I eat healthy now... and walk down the street visualizing everyone as bacon wrapped steak...

tumblr_l817varcmQ1qb9fdoo1_500.png
  • abuck_13
    abuck_13 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Perogies! I knew they weren't good for me but in only 4 perogies there is 210 calories... I can eat 20 in one sitting and not to mention the sour cream and butter I added. Ugh. I still love the rogies.. Tonight I had to hide the bowl of them... I only ate 6... Hahaha ugh.

Love the perogies....it is not the perogies per se, but all the dang butter we drizzle on them....
  • MrsLannister
    MrsLannister Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I went out to Baberitos for the first time since starting on MFP. I thought I was doing great because I got a small tortilla without sour cream and guacamole, but when I looked it up at home it was over a 1,000 cals!! Definitely blew my day.

Oh the small peanut butter milkshake from Sonic is like 800 cals. :grumble: Totally not worth it, I can make better at home for less.

I love Peanut Butter and used to get the small one if I had some extra calories on a maintenance day, but now I just mix some PB2 with unsweetened almond milk and a little honey. Way fewer calories and it even tastes better.

I always check the nutrition menus before I eat out, so nothing really surprises me in that regard. The only thing that I have eaten and then been surprised about later was when I accidentally ate 600 calories of almonds. Oops.
  • janicebinva
    janicebinva Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Chicken Katsu Curry at Wagamammas

1,103 calories per serving WITHOUT RICE
    I don't even know how to process that information, what is the sauce made of?!?!

I love Wagamammas. I wish we had it in the States.

I haven't had that particular dish, but I'm thinking most curries are made with coconut milk. That's what makes curries so deadly in terms of calories.

An aside, "curry" I believe just means "sauce". So I don't know why the word has come to mean "something in coconut milk sauce with spices", here in the States at least.