Loose Skin- the real deal

Options
123457»

Replies

• MyFoodGod
    MyFoodGod Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    You have an amazing attitude. Confidence is very attractive.

There are a lot people with unhealthy bodies ( weight issues or otherwise) who would gladly trade their situation for a little loose skin.

May you continue to enjoy your weight loss and may good things come your way.
  • kayveebee7
    kayveebee7 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Even with loose skin, I would rather look like that than fat.

Yep! OP you look amazing, great job!
  • CC_Maam
    CC_Maam Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Im curious how fast you lost your weight and what, if any nutritional supplements you may have added along your way?

Thank you in advance for sharing.

CC
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I get that the OP is trying to set people up for a potential reality.

But it's just that, a potential reality. Others have lost similar amounts as the OP and not ended up with all that drooping skin.

There are actually quite a few people with bodyspaces who've documented similar levels of obesity, and loss, whose skin looked very firm afterward.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/body-transformation-jonathan-abbasi-toasted-107-lbs.html

Browse through the BB "fit to fat" threads and note several people whose skin bounced back beautifully:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=108359701&page=1

A few people here on MFP didn't have much, or any:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/766925-anyone-lost-lots-of-weight-not-had-excess-skin

"Think yourself thin" weight loss guru Jon Gabriel was over 400lbs and has almost no excessive skin.
  • CrusaderSam
    CrusaderSam Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the pics waldo, I just think my kind of lose skin is on a different level then yours was, and something as simple as a bulk wont fix it.

CC_ Maam- I lost about 1% of my body weight per week. Only thing I used was some whey powder, because I was getting sick of chicken and tuna.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Excellent job . looking jacked bud
  • Silentfool
    Silentfool Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi,

you are looking awesome. well done on your achievement.

Also a huge thank you for the loose skin info.

so helpful

David :smile:
  • CC_Maam
    CC_Maam Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    The first segment of losing weight was 18 lbs ... then I joined MFP and now have lost an additional 50 lbs. I'm SO excited about the 50 lbs ... I am running my "ashes" off ... and have now started really working out at the gym lifting an average of 10,000 lbs with the machines/reps etc (for muscle tone). I've added swimming laps to my routine as well - I haven't been swimming in over 20 years so I started out with 8 lengths, then 12 and last time it was 20 ... 400 yards for me is amazing(for tone). H20 fit and firm is an interesting class to and while that is good I'm looking at Tai Chi and or kick boxing (cause I wanna). . . we'll see what this blue haired lady can find that works for me!

I have however added EFA's to my daily intake(increases skin elasticity) - years ago I worked for a weight loss clinic and none of those who lost it slow, exercised, and took EFA's ever had an excessive loose skin issue. Here's to hoping! If there is then I'll deal with that when I have reached goal and maintained it for at least six months.

Another thing that I've been told and I SO will be checking out and that is deep tissue massage after working out. Even if it doesn't work ... *lol* I'll be enjoying it any way and making sure to drink plenty of water to get rid of excess lactic acid!!!
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Sorry to mess up your post intentions but holy cow! You look great!

This! Amazing job sir!!!:heart:
  • Lld320
    Lld320 Posts: 81
    Options
    you're still young and maybe in another few years it will look much better
    I'd love to see some photos of anyone who was overweight for that long and lost that much, even slowly, who ended up with minimal loose skin and an almost flat belly (without surgery). To me, that seems as realistic as the tooth fairy. I'm not saying that to be snarky, that's just the best way I can put it!

So...anyone?
    As the OP said: post up some before and after pics or it didn't happen

<- Not that long (was skinny fat before slowly becoming fat, was obese for a little more than 5 years), and not quite that much weight, but my avi has about 90 lbs less fat that when I started.

However I lost 75 lbs then bulked, cut, bulked, and cut before my avi shot was taken, gaining 15 lbs of muscle and losing an additional 15 lbs fat during the bulk-cut cycles.

I have zero loose skin now, but I definitely had the deflated balloon look going on after my initial 75 lb loss.

The first 2 months bulking had an amazing effect on the loose skin that I had (I wasn't terribly lean at the time either, about 20%). Being in a sustained high protein calorie surplus made a huge difference. It isn't just good for growing muscle, all body processes that require growth and repair are supercharged.

Got any pics of when you started the bulk and when you got done with the first one?

This is about the best I've got, started in June, ended in Oct, cut until Christmas:

2012Collageresized.jpg

The loose skin I had never really showed up photographically in a front on shot like this (there was always enough fat that you could never really tell unless I moved certain ways), and I never had it in the arms/chest, but bending over far I had a large pooch hanging down (crazy looking because it sucked in near the body), and sitting/in normal clothes or bending a little I had a pancake flat roll right around the belt line that stuck out a good bit (different than the little roll that everyone, no matter how lean, has when sitting, it was a lot larger and flatter). I always take progress photos the best I can and try to hide flaws, taking shots of the loose skin was not something I was interested in.

It probably helped loose skin-wise in the arms/chest that I was pathetically muscle-free in the upper body even when fat, so it didn't take up a lot of extra space under the fat. The upper body has a lot of growth capacity; I've put on >5" in the chest, >2" in the arms.

Edit, if you look real close you can see the final hints of it in this picture, which was taken a year after I finished my initial weight loss, after 2 bulk cycles (was midway through the cut after the 2nd, had already lost all the bulking fat, but was looking to get a lot leaner than I had been). It was A LOT worse than this after I finished losing.

timelapse13-0021a_zps4fbc4605.jpg

Between this post and the OP this topic definitely messes with my brain... I'm probably somewhere inbetween. Don't know if I should get my hopes up for bulk and cut to work out or resign myself to surgery if I ever want it. Only time will tell, motivation will remain either way.
  • monilove78
    monilove78 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss and the muscle tone!
  • moksumike
    moksumike Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    @Waldo: totally OT but you look like a muscly version of Louis Theroux!

Good work.
  • mizpoke
    mizpoke Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    OP you look great, those muscles are serious stuff! Thanks for posting the pics, it's a subject I have been wondering about. Guess I'll see what mine will do when I actually get there.

Again, awesome. :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,123 Member
    Options
    Bump to keep this on My Topics
  • 40DayFit
    40DayFit Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    bump
  • FitterBody
    FitterBody Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    bump to read later
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Well, I am a firm believer of loving and believing oneself. Awesome post.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!