Dr Oz 2 Week Weight Loss

Options

Replies

• SuperSvelteLana
    SuperSvelteLana Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    hi there how can i get a copy of the dr oz rapid weight loss diet, i didnt see a link on his website...

If you type in "2 week rapid weight loss" into the search engine on his website you should be taken to the slide show for the plan with links for a shopping list.
  • seamaiden1000
    seamaiden1000 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Ha! :laugh: Love the pic. No, not Amish I'm Ozzie, but no relation to Dr Oz! Parents are Greek immigrants. Mum hates cooking, was time poor back then but always believes in value for money. So no low nutrient foods and she doesn't have a sweet tooth. Having come from a farming background she was always suspicious of anything 'refined' and having been hungry and witnessing starvation during WW2 eating well was about eating whole without gluttony. She could not be bothered with complicated time wasting dishes (basically made salads, casseroles, roasts or grills and even takes shortcuts like pouring the olive oil straight out of the 20 litre drum). Alcohol and coffee give her headaches but damn if I know how she can eat garlic cloves like candy., the room will smell (of garlic) hours after she leaves! :devil:
    I'm more experimental and that has meant I have briefly wondered into the dark world of gluttony, fast food and bad meal choices. However, all is not lost and I have managed to incorporate the best of foreign and make it so that even mum approves! :love:
  • florentinovillaro
    florentinovillaro Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I don't agree with removing everything on that list but there's some truth to taking out some of that junk out of your diet. Me personally, no sugar, reduced caffeine, and no dairy.
  • dburton2013
    Options
    I have watched a lot of DR Oz and most of the time like what he has to say but agree he's becoming more of a 'fad' doctor than a sound doctor. This 2 week Rapid Weight Loss Diet shocked me. He's usually about balance and something that can be done long term, neither are true for this diet. The only good part of this is eliminating sugar, artificial sweeteners, wheat and processed foods. And that he promotes Organic foods. That is about it, but take those tips and go to a 'diet' that is balanced and can be done for the rest of your life!
  • dburton2013
    Options
    I'm doing the plan. I'm on day 8.

To the OP I would say give it a try. I don't see it as a fad diet when I look at what the meals are and are not comprised of. As someone who has also done the Atkins in the past this diet plan is simpler in a day to day sense because I have lacked the sweets/carb cravings. My vice is sweets.

To the nay sayers in regard to whether this plan can be maintained I feel that it can. When you have in your mind that you are on a plan and are seeing results you can make healthy decisions to continue to be committed to the plan and to continue to see results. For example, I went to lunch with a friend. She ordered the meatloaf with Mac and cheese. It sounded completely delish at the time but I considered if I wanted to indulge and have a set back when, at the time, I was already 5 days in. I stuck with the program and ordered a salad with salmon and sub'ed the ranch dressing with a vinaigrette. Simple. Today when I stepped on the scale and saw 7 lbs gone in the 8 days. I'm glad I did make that healthy choice.

I think for me a high sugar and high carb diet doesn't work for me. And restricting them is going to work for my body. (This diet plan doesn't CUT them, it restricts them in quantity and type.)

Previously, I was doing calorie restriction and eating the foods I wanted and working out 6 days a week with cardio and strength training and didn't see the scale budge! I saw the plan broadcast while I was on the treadmill no less and figured it was worth a shot.

Having some carbs in the meals throughout the day will help me keep my cravings down and my energy up (a problem I had with Atkins). My long term plan as I phase out of the Oz Rapid Weight Loss is to up the carb intake (Cliff shots to fuel a run), decrease the soaking (really get dry mouth in the am after), and put back my coffee (miss that jolt). No other real alterations as I've felt full after meals and by having the healthy unprocessed snacks handy I get through the day without the usual lethargy and brain fog I've had from eating tons of wheat based carbs (wheat at every meal i.e. cereal-sandwich-dinner roll/pasta etc).

If you have to adjust it then the plan CAN'T be maintained long term!
  • zipnguyen
    zipnguyen Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    My first suggestion would be to stop listening to anything Dr Oz says,

strong this
  • SuperSvelteLana
    SuperSvelteLana Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the plan. I'm on day 8.

To the OP I would say give it a try. I don't see it as a fad diet when I look at what the meals are and are not comprised of. As someone who has also done the Atkins in the past this diet plan is simpler in a day to day sense because I have lacked the sweets/carb cravings. My vice is sweets.

To the nay sayers in regard to whether this plan can be maintained I feel that it can. When you have in your mind that you are on a plan and are seeing results you can make healthy decisions to continue to be committed to the plan and to continue to see results. For example, I went to lunch with a friend. She ordered the meatloaf with Mac and cheese. It sounded completely delish at the time but I considered if I wanted to indulge and have a set back when, at the time, I was already 5 days in. I stuck with the program and ordered a salad with salmon and sub'ed the ranch dressing with a vinaigrette. Simple. Today when I stepped on the scale and saw 7 lbs gone in the 8 days. I'm glad I did make that healthy choice.

I think for me a high sugar and high carb diet doesn't work for me. And restricting them is going to work for my body. (This diet plan doesn't CUT them, it restricts them in quantity and type.)

Previously, I was doing calorie restriction and eating the foods I wanted and working out 6 days a week with cardio and strength training and didn't see the scale budge! I saw the plan broadcast while I was on the treadmill no less and figured it was worth a shot.

Having some carbs in the meals throughout the day will help me keep my cravings down and my energy up (a problem I had with Atkins). My long term plan as I phase out of the Oz Rapid Weight Loss is to up the carb intake (Cliff shots to fuel a run), decrease the soaking (really get dry mouth in the am after), and put back my coffee (miss that jolt). No other real alterations as I've felt full after meals and by having the healthy unprocessed snacks handy I get through the day without the usual lethargy and brain fog I've had from eating tons of wheat based carbs (wheat at every meal i.e. cereal-sandwich-dinner roll/pasta etc).

If you have to adjust it then the plan CAN'T be maintained long term!

Haha. Ok.

I guess people will get blasted when they say they've added "cheat days" to their weekly meal plans too.
  • Littles16
    Options
    So, in two days I will have successfully finished the first week.
    I was on line looking to a method to help me cut out sugar. Besides the fruit in the breakfast smoothie, there is no sugar in this plan.
    It also cuts out grains, except for the rice. I've been wanting to cut out bread for about a year. I'm probably addicted to that as well
    I am eating between 1200 and 1500 Kcal a day and am STUFFED!!!!
    I miss coffee. The first day I suffered a dull head ache at the base of my neck necessitating a tylenol. The next day I doubled on the green tea and was fine.
    Really it is a low-glycemic that helps level out the body's glucose levels, avoiding the peaks and troughs, resulting in the body's ability to achieve homeostatis and to better control the inflammatory response.
    It's not new or radical or a fad. Unless, of course, it is being compared to the Standard American Diet.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    homeostatis

Ummm... ya...... I wish.
  • Thaichi2
    Thaichi2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    im actually doing it and it works out great for me to be honest i was skeptical but i wanted to give it a try. i work 2 jobs got to school and have a 3 year old toddler. My energy level as picked up tremendously.
  • Playajb
    Playajb Posts: 1
    Options
    Starting tonight....can't wait.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    im actually doing it and it works out great for me to be honest i was skeptical but i wanted to give it a try. i work 2 jobs got to school and have a 3 year old toddler. My energy level as picked up tremendously.

What do you mean, "works out great for me"? How do you know it works? How are you even defining "works" Are you basing it entirely on your "energy level"? How will you evaluate if it is ultimately effective? If you lose weight for two weeks or if you have still lost weight in two months? Or two years?

(I'm fascinated by approaches like this. Absolutely fascinated.)
  • baptistforlife
    Options
    Was just looking for opinions mostly. I was just surprised at this recommendation. I have no plans to even try it as I know it is completely unrealistic for my life and what my personal plan is. I do spend time working out every day and DVR his show just to watch some of the other advice he has. Just wanted to see what y'all thought...

I think they were teasing you can watch Dr. Oz all you want just be careful with the advice he gives :)
  • iVirgo
    iVirgo Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I seriously cant sort through the comments in this thread. Its kinda aggravating...and a big waste of my time.

I actually started an account on MFP to look for support for my 2 weeks on going strong on this 2 week detox plan. Ive done it a couple a weeks ago and lost 11 lbs (I was going hard core due to seeing friends that I havent seen in years). Now I want to get back on it to "jump start" cleaner eating habits and just get rid of all the processed foods out of my diet.

Being off of dairy, bad carbs, and wheat did wonders for my energy and overall mental health. I felt good.

Today is actually my day 1, and Ive completed the day without giving in to temptation.

Thanks everyone for their positive comments. I think this is a great plan to follow and to amend after the first 2 weeks have been completed.
  • mmipanda
    mmipanda Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I watched Dr Oz for the first time the other week. He is... completely full of crap. Felt like one big long infomercial. People actually take him seriously? :sad:

I mean if you're going to do something extreme because you think you have food intolerances, do a proper elimination diet and reintroduce everything slowly, one at a time. That way you know what's problematic. Cutting out bits of every food group for 2 weeks doesn't seem beneficial at all.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I watched Dr Oz for the first time the other week. He is... completely full of crap. Felt like one big long infomercial. People actually take him seriously? :sad:

I mean if you're going to do something extreme because you think you have food intolerances, do a proper elimination diet and reintroduce everything slowly, one at a time. That way you know what's problematic. Cutting out bits of every food group for 2 weeks doesn't seem beneficial at all.

Yeah, but toxins.
  • ATGsquats
    ATGsquats Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Fck Oz
  • mmipanda
    mmipanda Posts: 351 Member
    Options

Yeah, but toxins.

And cancer! Everywhere!
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    My first suggestion would be to stop listening to anything Dr Oz says,

strong this

+1

Igm16ED.jpg
  • Kimsoccer17
    Options
    I didn't know about the Dr. Oz "diet" until I talked to a friend of mine who is pretty health conscious who had already completed the "diet". After talking with her, I started the "diet" that weekend. I use "diet" in quotes because I'm reluctant to confine it to that word. I like thinking of it as a plan. The plan is to cut excess carbs, cut sugar, and add healthy protein and vegetables. There is nothing crazy about it. So far, I have lost 9 pounds in 6 days and I feel less bloated and glunky (my professional word). Those are not bad results.

The smoothie is a normal smoothie, with the exception of the ground flaxseeds which can be a bit gritty. It is filling and has great nutrition in it. I add a few ice cubes and a large spoonful of 2% greek yogurt for some extra flavor and nutrition. As for the rest of the plan, you just need to be creative. I really enjoyed rediscovering roasted butternut squash, warm spinach salad, and vegetable stew. Tonight I plan on making a turkey chili.

The hardest part is not having bread. I think after the two weeks are up, I will try adding some bread back in and see how it goes. But overall, I think the foods the plan directs you to are all extremely healthy, but you have to make the plan your own. I've been doing MFP for months with limited results, so this seems to be the better route for me.