Dr Oz 2 Week Weight Loss

Options

Replies

• sepibo
    sepibo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm amazed at how everyone is jumping on the hate wagon for Dr Oz. At the end of the day, yes, he is an entertainer. There is a disclaimer that comes from watching the show! Just because he says it doesn't mean you ought to follow it blindly. Do your due deligence. Which means take a look at the diet before hating it and rejecting it off the bat. And, yes, it's true. It's NOT for everyone.

I'm on this diet and I've been very successful (10 lbs lost) and plan on continuing the diet (Day 13 and 10 lbs down). However, I did my research and I checked with my Dr and she says it's a good diet for me. She has been helping me find the right balance and I found it in this diet. Many are saying eat a balanced diet, this is a balanced diet for my nutritional needs. We are not all built the same way. I'm meeting with success without feeling deprived and meeting my caloric goals. I'm happy eating this way.
  • lad6865
    Options
    Okay I am going to go against the tide here. I have done Dr oz 2 week plan for a week now and have lost 6 lbs. When you lose weight that quickly, it is very obvious how much better you feel and how much easier it is to move around. It is quite an encouragement to me. The diet has also caused me to try some new foods and foods in different ways to replace high carb/glycemic foods and I have discovered that I like them just as well. Could I stay on this forever? No, but can I make a few changes after the 2 weeks and continue with what I have learned? I believe I can.

And to those who say just eat less of what you want - I would disagree. Maybe it has something to do with age, but I have found I can eat very little of the wrong food and don't have the same results. And how can all this be bad for you? Tons of vegetables, no sugar, no processed foods.....I have discovered that there are more of the good foods that I like and I am not missing the bad stuff.

I do think at times Dr Oz show does seem contradictory, and yes he's making a ton of money, but I don't have a problem with that - he has done a lot of good informing people. He presents the information, you have to decide if it is right for you.
  • lad6865
    Options
    And by the way, another thought, I keep seeing 'he is a sell out and says whatever his endorsers tell him to'....What endorser is this diet going to benefit....unless the local farmers market is his endorser....there is no plug for any brand or particular product in this diet.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    My first suggestion would be to stop listening to anything Dr Oz says, he is a sell-out, tv quack and doesn't know a damn thing about nutrition. He says what will make him $$.

This. Plain and simple
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Okay I am going to go against the tide here. I have done Dr oz 2 week plan for a week now and have lost 6 lbs. When you lose weight that quickly, it is very obvious how much better you feel and how much easier it is to move around. It is quite an encouragement to me. The diet has also caused me to try some new foods and foods in different ways to replace high carb/glycemic foods and I have discovered that I like them just as well. Could I stay on this forever? No, but can I make a few changes after the 2 weeks and continue with what I have learned? I believe I can.

And to those who say just eat less of what you want - I would disagree. Maybe it has something to do with age, but I have found I can eat very little of the wrong food and don't have the same results. And how can all this be bad for you? Tons of vegetables, no sugar, no processed foods.....I have discovered that there are more of the good foods that I like and I am not missing the bad stuff.

I do think at times Dr Oz show does seem contradictory, and yes he's making a ton of money, but I don't have a problem with that - he has done a lot of good informing people. He presents the information, you have to decide if it is right for you.

Nope. nothing to do with age. I'm only 2 years younger than you.
    I'm glad that you've included a wider range of foods in your diet Variation is good and if you should decide to use MFP as it's intended, you'll probably find that variation will prevent boredom.

That being said: I've been using MFP as it is designed since August. I eat what I want, which includes processed and less-processed foods, lean & fatty foods, sugary foods, carby foods and all things in between.

I'm 5'8, I wear a medium in shirts and my size 8 jeans are getting loose. I'll be posting a "success" thread soon.

Good luck... I hope that you'll decide to start logging moderate portions of the foods you enjoy
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    My first suggestion would be to stop listening to anything Dr Oz says, he is a sell-out, tv quack and doesn't know a damn thing about nutrition. He says what will make him $$.

This. Plain and simple

Does anyone else see the irony in the fact that the man has named himself after an imaginary place?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I started this diet a week ago and I have lost a size in pants my size 10 are fitting again, I haven't weighed myself but definitely see the difference and I feel great!. Although, I have to say it was hard the first 2 days but what I find amazing is that I'm not craving the carbs and sugars like I did before, and trust I love sweets and carbs. I don't think I can follow this diet for the rest of my life but definitely I will stay away from carbs and sugars and continue eating more veggies as I am now. I'm also taking multi vitamins and the probiatic as advised to take. Just try it and trust me you will feel wonderful.

I hate to break it to you but when you resume normal eating you are going to gain a lot of this back in the form of water weight...I would guess that 75% of your loss is water weight due to restriction of carbs...

I just think that making long term sustainable choices, will help you achieve your goals in the long run.

Nick
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Also, I'm curious what people eat if they cut out all carbs, dairy and sugar. Lettuce? Most fruits and veggies have some kind of carb.

I want the answer to this as well. I have lost weight on "low carb" diets but realistically, how long can anyone last, never eating carbs and dairy. I absolutely adore fat free Greek yogurt so I refuse to give up dairy anytime soon. :noway:

Well, not all low-carb plans require you to not eat dairy. I eat LOADS of dairy. I have all of the cheese with my omelette(okay not all, but 1/4 cup is enough to make an omelette cheesy), I have heavy cream and creamer with my coffee, etc. And if I were to eat greek yogurt(too expensive), I would buy full fat.
  • Chickaboo2014
    Chickaboo2014 Posts: 136 Member
    Options

LOL! Never trust someone distributing advice who gets their paycheck from the entertainment industry. It seems like they'll promote any product if the paycheck is big enough.. too bad.
  • BarbellApprentice
    BarbellApprentice Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Snake oil salesman if there ever was one, but good luck!!!
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I just like to do stuff I can do forever.
    1. Water water water
    2. Eat at a 15-20% deficit, not cutting out or limiting any kind of food or macro!!
    3. Intentionally exercising most days a week including strength training!!!
    Its worked for me!!!!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I just like to do stuff I can do forever.
    1. Water water water
    2. Eat at a 15-20% deficit, not cutting out or limiting any kind of food or macro!!
    3. Intentionally exercising most days a week including strength training!!!
    Its worked for me!!!!

Just to be certain, while I understand (and agree with) your point...

...I don't think you can do #2 on your list "forever".
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • Jazz_2014
    Jazz_2014 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Wow, totally surprised by this thread. I searched to find others that are trying the program as I wanted to share ideas. I realize everyone has to approach a healthier life differently and there is no cookie cutter method for those that are trying to loose weight. So I am a bit disappointed in the thread as I search for fellow individuals that have found this is working for them.
    This is my take. It appealed to me because it looked like something I could do.
    It has turned out that it is simply a subsitution of food choices for me.
    Now certainly I want to loose weight, and definitely not fast. So I loosely applied the quantities and daily have eaten something not on list in moderation.
    The two choc. covered donuts or sugary fiber bar with that tall cup of Intern. coffee is now a glass of water and lemon and the fruit smoothie.
    The fried chicken with fried mushrooms and sugary condiments with sweet tea and fries is now grilled fish/chicken w/veggies on the list. Not to mention a big dessert many days is no longer happening.
    My snacks were candy bars, they are nuts presently.
    Dinner was often grilled but it was more of a meat and potato type dinner. Beef and carbs. Veggies were minimal and starchy. Now, and this the best part I am eating new ways to prepare a delicous meal within the guidelines of this plan. And this is where I had hoped to find like minded friends.
    Am I shocking my body or detoxing? yes probably but I have been poisoning it prior to that.
    However, it provides a starting place for me to develop new habits, better choices for me.
    So I invite anyone that is in the same place that I am in (early transition) to not be discouraged by those that do not agree the program is a good starting place. I know one person that is using it as a stepping stone toward better choices. I would love to connect up with others that are or desire to start using the plan.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Now, and this the best part I am eating new ways to prepare a delicous meal within the guidelines of this plan.
    I learned to eat new ways, prepare delicious meals and exercise on a regular basis. This is commonly referred to as a lifestyle change, it does not require any guidance or plan from Dr Oz. The best part is that it works and I didn't waste money on supplements that don't work.
    ...this is where I had hoped to find like minded friends.
    You'll have a hard time finding love for Dr Oz on this site.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Just in for the Lol's

gonna watch this go on and on and on...cause those that love oz will defend him until they die.....chances are with less money from the purchase of raspberry ketones and green coffee bean extra and still with the extra weight he promised to take a way...
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Wow, totally surprised by this thread. I searched to find others that are trying the program as I wanted to share ideas. I realize everyone has to approach a healthier life differently and there is no cookie cutter method for those that are trying to loose weight. So I am a bit disappointed in the thread as I search for fellow individuals that have found this is working for them.
    This is my take. It appealed to me because it looked like something I could do.
    It has turned out that it is simply a subsitution of food choices for me.
    Now certainly I want to loose weight, and definitely not fast. So I loosely applied the quantities and daily have eaten something not on list in moderation.
    The two choc. covered donuts or sugary fiber bar with that tall cup of Intern. coffee is now a glass of water and lemon and the fruit smoothie.
    The fried chicken with fried mushrooms and sugary condiments with sweet tea and fries is now grilled fish/chicken w/veggies on the list. Not to mention a big dessert many days is no longer happening.
    My snacks were candy bars, they are nuts presently.
    Dinner was often grilled but it was more of a meat and potato type dinner. Beef and carbs. Veggies were minimal and starchy. Now, and this the best part I am eating new ways to prepare a delicous meal within the guidelines of this plan. And this is where I had hoped to find like minded friends.
    Am I shocking my body or detoxing? yes probably but I have been poisoning it prior to that.
    However, it provides a starting place for me to develop new habits, better choices for me.
    So I invite anyone that is in the same place that I am in (early transition) to not be discouraged by those that do not agree the program is a good starting place. I know one person that is using it as a stepping stone toward better choices. I would love to connect up with others that are or desire to start using the plan.
    So, you aren't following the plan, but you can't understand why people are saying don't follow the plan? Seems legit.
  • Jazz_2014
    Jazz_2014 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You'll have a hard time finding love for Dr Oz on this site.

I can tell. I was holding out hope that someone might have wanted to post but was just deterred as there was so many negative comments.
    That's okay. I'm not normally a fad diet type of person. Last attempt with any name associated to a "diet" was Weight Watchers and that was over 20 years ago. Common sense tells me what I need to do, but that hasn't been much of an incentive apparently for me.
    This particular two week plan put me on track. I'm glad for that.

And yes, I agree, I'm making a lifestyle change. But I have to give credit to the two week plan to being my turning point (no matter how badly Dr. Oz is disliked on this site)

Your post was appreciated. Many take to sarcasm and troll like behavior.
  • luckydoug9
    luckydoug9 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I like the plan, because as he states it was derived after reviewing several other plans. Such as Paleo, Wheat Belly, and a few others. I personally had been 80% Paleo, so the dairy and wheat stuff were already not on my diet plan. I am currently reading Thje Abascal Way, and learning about food the cause and can quiet inflammation in your body. Since I was already a smoothie drinker in the morning, that was easy, already had all the stuff, except rice protein powder (no grain in paleo). The Greek yogurt is very filling, and doesn't seem to upset my stomach. I do not put my berries in the smoothie, but instead mix them with my 2% greek yogurt. Salad and or Veg soup for lunch, easy. Dinner is good for my entire family, 1/2 cup brown rice, fish or chicken, a vegetable, and maybe a sald with lemon or balsamic and olive oil. After the two weeks, I think we will continue with this eating plan (exceptions, date night dinners, ect... although, I will probably still stay close to plan). I will however add more fruits and veggies. I am never hungry, sometimes a little too full. I was out around lunch time yesterday, and just packed up an ounce of almonds, and some cut up low GI veggies and a bottle of water. Like I said, maybe it is easy for me because, I have already cut out sugars, wheat, dairy, and processed foods.
  • luckydoug9
    luckydoug9 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am following the plan.