Dr Oz 2 Week Weight Loss

Options

Replies

• 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Every time Dr. Oz is mentioned in an MFP thread a puppy dies.

LMAO
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    sorry for the delay......\m/
    quack-o.gif \m/
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I love Dr. Oz

Opinions?

incoming-duck.gif?w=560

ROFL!!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    sorry for the delay......\m/
    quack-o.gif \m/

:laugh:
  • Levesque_7
    Options
    My first suggestion would be to stop listening to anything Dr Oz says, he is a sell-out, tv quack and doesn't know a damn thing about nutrition. He says what will make him $$.

This x1000.

Stay away from Dr. Oz!!!!!!!
  • KrazyDaizy
    KrazyDaizy Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    (including alcohol)

I'm out.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I love Dr. Oz. His health advice is usually pretty sound .
    Opinions?

In, because everybody loves Dr Oz.

Womens-World-Magazine.jpg

I actually would like to know how to get on The Dr Oz show.... since I lost 6 lbs in 3 days on The Sloth 3 Day Detox Diet ® . So far, I've gained 5 of 'em back.... but, I don't have to bring that up, do I ?
  • sue_langley
    sue_langley Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    When I started I wasn't loosing much weight after the first week (first week is water weight as you cut out high sodium prepared or restaurant foods ) then I decided to try eating for my blood type.
    I'm an o blood type so I added beef back to my diet, 3 ounces at a time, and cut out dairy and carbs. I can have Ezekiel flax bread (love it). Planned out my menus with the calories I was allowed and the weight started falling off like crazy. The best part is that my energy is through the roof. That made it all worth it!! Now when I eat even a morsel of food not on my blood type list I feel lethargic as I had before. Worth trying and the incentive every day is not how I look anymore but knowing the foods I am eating are actually beneficial to my body. I seem to eat for health now rather than just all about taste. Don't get me wrong my tastebuds are totallu alive now and whole foods taste amazing without salt or sugar needed. I still have a little bit of a sweet tooth so I use stevia as a little treat for me. It's all very motivating to keep doing it day after day.
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed Dr. Oz for about a year (let me preface this by saying that I didn't have cable for this year, and Dr. Oz was probably the best thing on during that time slot). I mainly watched it for entertainment, not for life lessons.

I just got so exhausted by him touting this cleanse, that cleanse, this diet, that diet, these foods you should eat to boost energy, those foods you should eat to boost energy. If I followed his every recommendation, I would be on a non-stop cycle of doing cleanses, and I would also be broke from buying every new product or food he was pushing as his food du jour.

Thankfully, cable is back in my house, and I only watch him casually.
    Usually if he spouts something, I'll do my own research to find out the whole truth and don't take his word as gospel.
  • BenBz
    BenBz Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I ate raspberries like crazy and all I got were those little seeds stuck in my teeth. Dr. Oz didn't warn me about that... ;-)
  • mommad2014
    mommad2014 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i followed the Forks over Knives theory (basically the same principal) and lost 11 pounds in 2 weeks, but the biggest issue is, i dropped 20 points off my bad cholesterol, which was my goal, I still follow his basic principal, and am a true believer.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options

:cry: :sad:
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    I love Dr. Oz
    His health advice is usually pretty sound .

2md5ilt.png
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options

That's something Bob Barker never said...............control the pet population, have your pets spayed or neutered.........and mention Dr. Oz in an MFP thread.

Since apparently God kills a kitten every time I "enjoy my own company", what happens if I do that while watching Dr. Oz (aside from feeling immense shame)?
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Here's all you need to know about Dr. Mehmet Oz who's now been awarded the shameful Pigasus award 3 times:
    ...Dr. Mehmet Oz, who has done such a disservice to his TV viewers by promoting quack medical practices that he is now the first person to win a Pigasus two years in a row. Dr. Oz is a Harvard-educated cardiac physician who, through his syndicated TV show, has promoted faith healing, "energy medicine," and other quack theories that have no scientific basis. Oz has appeared on ABC News to give legitimacy to the claims of Brazilian faith healer “John of God,” who uses old carnival tricks to take money from the seriously ill. He's hosted Ayurvedic guru Yogi Cameron on his show to promote nonsense "tongue examination" as a way of diagnosing health problems. This year, he really went off the deep end. In March 2011, Dr. Oz endorsed "psychic" huckster and past Pigasus winner John Edward, who pretends to talk to dead people. Oz even suggested that bereaved families should visit psychic mediums to receive (faked) messages from their dead relatives as a form of grief counseling.

http://www.randi.org/site/jref-news/1260-pigasus-2011
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options

That's something Bob Barker never said...............control the pet population, have your pets spayed or neutered.........and mention Dr. Oz in an MFP thread.

Since apparently God kills a kitten every time I "enjoy my own company", what happens if I do that while watching Dr. Oz (aside from feeling immense shame)?

I'm dying.. LOL
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz said on one of his shows that carbs may give you Alzheimer's. Just saying...he is a quack. He started out ok, but then he sold out to gimmicks and endorsing basically anything. Now his show is downright ridiculous. I do watch it for laughs sometimes.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

jack-black-kick-baxter-anchorman.gif
  • walkinthedogs
    walkinthedogs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz said on one of his shows that carbs may give you Alzheimer's. Just saying...he is a quack. He started out ok, but then he sold out to gimmicks and endorsing basically anything. Now his show is downright ridiculous. I do watch it for laughs sometimes.

Wait, my mom ate carbs, and now my mom has Alzheimer's. He may be on to something. Crap, wish I would have known sooner, I would definitely stopped her from eating carbs. :noway:
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I love Dr. Oz
    His health advice is usually pretty sound .

2md5ilt.png

I didn't think it was possible--I love this one even more than the duck gifs. :drinker: To all of you, who make MFP entertaining.