Dr Oz 2 Week Weight Loss

Options

Replies

• luckydoug9
    luckydoug9 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am doing the plan, are you? I think it is very easy. Makes grocery shopping a breeze. I think that it is a great way to reset your body and then go from there. We will probably continue on as lifestyle 80%. I feel great! Not a lot of weight I need to lose, and my family doesn't need to lose any. I actually may do some food sensitivity testing after I finish the 2 weeks. Eggs, Wheat, Soy, Corn, Dairy.

I have been looking for a page somewhere of supporters. do you know of any?
  • luckydoug9
    Options
    You sound like me about this. I am very satisfied. I don't have loads of weight to lose, I just want to feel healthy and not sluggish. My family of four love the dinners, hubby has the smoothie for breakfast, but we are all on our own for lunch. I often feel too full, and don't snack. I have never been on a diet before, with the exception of Weight Watchers after the birth of my two kids. I really didn't consider WW a diet though, you can eat what ever you want and lose, as long as you stay within your points.
  • luckydoug9
    Options
    totally agree:smile:
  • luckydoug9
    Options
    ......unless you stay on as a lifestyle change, only adding in more varied fruits and vegetables. But yes, if you go back to gluttonous ways, you should gain your weight back.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    The link you're looking for is "Quote". Please click it to type your response to another post and not the "Reply" button.

(Yeah, I know, it's not real clear...since you want to "reply" to another post. Maybe one day MFP will make the clearer...but until then, please click the "Quote" link.)
  • zapinkleopard
    Options
    quack quack!!!!:laugh:
  • jamila_b
    jamila_b Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have been in the plan for a week. It's a low calorie diet that stresses vegetables. No big deal, really. I was tracking my calories (and not my exercise) and just wanted to change things up for a week or two. It's been way easier then I thought it would be. I have lost 6 pounds (and if 5 lbs is just water weight, who cares? Bloating looks and feels bad). I do about 6-8 hours of moderate to intense cardio a week so I added an extra cup of kefir for the protein. If anyone wants to get/give support on the plan, message me :) I was looking for other feedback from people who were on it or had done it too.
  • Jazz_2014
    Jazz_2014 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I have been in the plan for a week. It's a low calorie diet that stresses vegetables.

I watched another episode where he referred to the 2 week plan. Audience members introduced a few recipes that fit under the plan. I'm learning how to cook different veggies and so far so good. Liking the flavor and ease of the new recipes.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    No.
  • maria_bettina
    Options
    Interesting replies. I am pretty sure no one is going to get less healthy eating veggies, a 6 oz of meat, some rice and a smoothie in the morning. But hey, if you want to go on eating your sausage & cheese on a bagel for breakfast, a cheeseburger for lunch, and pizza for dinner, and call that healthy, that's your choice. I agree that the foods Dr. Oz suggests to eat would be difficult to eat for the rest of our lives, but it's only because we were programmed into thinking pancakes and eggs for breakfast is just fine, and Lunchables are a healthy lunch. We all can stand to change a few things in our diets, whether it be drinking less coffee or cutting out dairy. The 2-Week Diet is an ideal, and if we can move towards eating more foods like those in the diet plan, we'll all be healthier.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    The dozens upon dozens of people who can diet totally fine on iifym with "bad" food in moderation would beg to differ from your point of view.
    Funnily enough, most people's diets fail because they did a diet that forbid them from eating certain things or outright told them "eat this and that every day for breakfast from now on".
  • easto_79
    easto_79 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Look up the Ketosis diet, it's similar minus the brown rice, I love it it's hard the first few days, but then all cravings go away and you feel amazing and light.
    Add me as a friend if you are interested. There is a group as well on the site.

Good luck
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I hear ducks.

Do you hear ducks?
  • mzkay01
    Options
    hi there how can i get a copy of the dr oz rapid weight loss diet, i didnt see a link on his website...
  • seamaiden1000
    seamaiden1000 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I was raised pretty much on such a diet. I have never drunk alcohol (by choice), nor coffee. Both beverages gave my parents headaches.. Water was always the drink of choice. Greek yoghurt always featured as did heaps of greens, legumes and moderate servings of lean meats and fish. Never sausages. A loaf of bread would last a week in our household of three, used mainly to dunk in eggs or mop up the Greek salad dressing at the bottom of the bowl, that is if we did not drink it. There was the occasional pasta dish, but mum had a delicate stomach so abstained from pasta or wheat laden foodstuffs always claiming that they were not real food. We had rice occasionally and potatoes. I grew to be tall and lean, full of energy and clear headed. I have remained largely this way however curiosity and marketing have corrupted what was essentially bestowed upon me through my mother's kitchen. The difference with the diet Dr Oz recommends is that we did eat plenty of fruit in season, but then we were more active in the summer months. We also used honey in tea, mainly mountain or camomile brews.

Dr Oz's diet is not a stretch. My mother now almost eighty has radiant largely wrinkle free skin, is not overweight and still has a large proportion of black hair. She has never used dyes for her hair (she even cuts it herself) nor creams for her skin (she wears a cap when outdoors). She is on no medication. I figure she is living proof of a good diet and one that bears strong similarity to what Dr Oz recommends.. For my part, unlike my mother who stuck to the traditional meals, I have taken on more foods from other lands, ie. chia, seaweed, curry etc. I think what Dr Oz proposes is about learning basics and keeping it simple.
  • Lifelink
    Lifelink Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    my advice would be to use that hour to work out instead of watching Dr. Oz.

Best reply in this thread. Srs.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I was raised pretty much on such a diet. I have never drunk alcohol (by choice), nor coffee. Both beverages gave my parents headaches.. Water was always the drink of choice. Greek yoghurt always featured as did heaps of greens, legumes and moderate servings of lean meats and fish. Never sausages. A loaf of bread would last a week in our household of three, used mainly to dunk in eggs or mop up the Greek salad dressing at the bottom of the bowl, that is if we did not drink it. There was the occasional pasta dish, but mum had a delicate stomach so abstained from pasta or wheat laden foodstuffs always claiming that they were not real food. We had rice occasionally and potatoes. I grew to be tall and lean, full of energy and clear headed. I have remained largely this way however curiosity and marketing have corrupted what was essentially bestowed upon me through my mother's kitchen. The difference with the diet Dr Oz recommends is that we did eat plenty of fruit in season, but then we were more active in the summer months. We also used honey in tea, mainly mountain or camomile brews.

Dr Oz's diet is not a stretch. My mother now almost eighty has radiant largely wrinkle free skin, is not overweight and still has a large proportion of black hair. She has never used dyes for her hair (she even cuts it herself) nor creams for her skin (she wears a cap when outdoors). She is on no medication. I figure she is living proof of a good diet and one that bears strong similarity to what Dr Oz recommends.. For my part, unlike my mother who stuck to the traditional meals, I have taken on more foods from other lands, ie. chia, seaweed, curry etc. I think what Dr Oz proposes is about learning basics and keeping it simple.

Are you Amish? J/K

Amish-community-007.jpg
  • SuperSvelteLana
    SuperSvelteLana Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the plan. I'm on day 8.

To the OP I would say give it a try. I don't see it as a fad diet when I look at what the meals are and are not comprised of. As someone who has also done the Atkins in the past this diet plan is simpler in a day to day sense because I have lacked the sweets/carb cravings. My vice is sweets.

To the nay sayers in regard to whether this plan can be maintained I feel that it can. When you have in your mind that you are on a plan and are seeing results you can make healthy decisions to continue to be committed to the plan and to continue to see results. For example, I went to lunch with a friend. She ordered the meatloaf with Mac and cheese. It sounded completely delish at the time but I considered if I wanted to indulge and have a set back when, at the time, I was already 5 days in. I stuck with the program and ordered a salad with salmon and sub'ed the ranch dressing with a vinaigrette. Simple. Today when I stepped on the scale and saw 7 lbs gone in the 8 days. I'm glad I did make that healthy choice.

I think for me a high sugar and high carb diet doesn't work for me. And restricting them is going to work for my body. (This diet plan doesn't CUT them, it restricts them in quantity and type.)

Previously, I was doing calorie restriction and eating the foods I wanted and working out 6 days a week with cardio and strength training and didn't see the scale budge! I saw the plan broadcast while I was on the treadmill no less and figured it was worth a shot.

Having some carbs in the meals throughout the day will help me keep my cravings down and my energy up (a problem I had with Atkins). My long term plan as I phase out of the Oz Rapid Weight Loss is to up the carb intake (Cliff shots to fuel a run), decrease the soaking (really get dry mouth in the am after), and put back my coffee (miss that jolt). No other real alterations as I've felt full after meals and by having the healthy unprocessed snacks handy I get through the day without the usual lethargy and brain fog I've had from eating tons of wheat based carbs (wheat at every meal i.e. cereal-sandwich-dinner roll/pasta etc).