24 hour water fast/detox... Yes?

Hi! I lost almost 40 pounds using MFP yay!!

Well.. Sadly I gained 10 back. Thank you winter.. Not to mention I stopped using MyFitnessPal after reaching my goal.

SO.. I am returning and ready! I have heard of people doing a water detox or fast to give the body the cleanse it needs. What are your thoughts? I wouldn't work out today of course until I ate again.

It is 10:15 am where I live.. I haven't ate food today.. Only water. And now I am just looking for other opinions or advice on the topic before I let the rest of the day be food free...

Thank you and PLEASE feel free to add me.. As my absence has left me somewhat friendless :(
Tay :)

Replies

• danicarenee
    danicarenee Posts: 11 Member
    Research Intermittent Fasting, I don't remember the whole article but it does say that a water fast can be an excellent way to kick start a clean eating diet. And I guess the metabolism doesn't suffer until it is I believe 36hour mark, it actually increases briefly. I think it is Brad Pillion Research where I read this. I did one for 36 hours made sure I worked out while fasted and broke my fast 3 hours later to fully take advantage of my fast. Hope this helps! But I doubt it!lol
  • _Tay_
    _Tay_ Posts: 95
    Great!! Makes me feel better... I want to stay safe too. You rock!
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    The body is a pretty cool thing.
    Poop?
    Pee?
    Detoxed.
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    The body is a pretty cool thing.
    Poop?
    Pee?
    Detoxed.

Dont forget sweat....been so cold lately sleeping with 2 blankets and a thin shirt Ive been sweating at night time lately
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    SO.. I am returning and ready! I have heard of people doing a water detox or fast to give the body the cleanse it needs.

Your body does not need to cleanse. Therefore you do not need to do this.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    No.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    :angry:
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    SURE!

whateva you want.
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Great!! Makes me feel better... I want to stay safe too. You rock!

And then you don't eat?

Ok.

Good luck with that.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Things like this are why you gained back weight in the first place. Temporary solutions to a long term problem.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Not the best idea.
  • Dawn810511
    Dawn810511 Posts: 98 Member
    I would have to say no to that. You are your own person and you are the only one who can decide for yourself. But to me, it doesn't sound safe at all.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    water cleansing on the outside of the body - GOOD

water cleansing on the inside of the body - UNNECESSARY
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    It is 10:15 am where I live.. I haven't ate food today.. Only water. And now I am just looking for other opinions or advice on the topic before I let the rest of the day be food free...

Why is that people will try anything. ANYTHING, except for just eating a healthy amount of calories on a regular basis? There's nothing magical about losing weight. You don't need to do anything strange.

Now if you want to try out intermittent fasting there's actual science behind that but it's not necessary to lose weight.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Hi! I lost almost 40 pounds using MFP yay!!

Well.. Sadly I gained 10 back. Thank you winter.. Not to mention I stopped using MyFitnessPal after reaching my goal.

SO.. I am returning and ready! I have heard of people doing a water detox or fast to give the body the cleanse it needs. What are your thoughts? I wouldn't work out today of course until I ate again.

Thank you and PLEASE feel free to add me.. As my absence has left me somewhat friendless :(
    Tay :)

That's all you have to do, OP! Get back into tracking, and the ten pounds will probably come off faster than you think (since lots of "holiday eating" tends to be water weight).

Water IS a great cleanse, though... for washing your body :flowerforyou:
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Soap is the only cleanser you need.
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    No.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    One day doesnt make the difference, consistent logging and effort does.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    OP, don't know know better than this by now? You already lost net 30lbs. You are a success, not a gimmick.